Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I used to work at blockbuster. Funniest thing I've ever had happen at my store was a kid getting his arm stuck in the movie return box. His dad seemed completely uninterested in getting his arm out. Just kinda looked at his kid and shrugged. We eventually got him out with soap.

Second funniest thing was someone putting anchovies in the movie box overnight. Ruined like 20 movies.

Best parts of working there was: all the free poo poo we'd get. When I first started, employees got 5 free rentals a week, then that got increased to 10.

People would also just drop off old games in the Dropbox. Like, Xbox games they just didn't want anymore or something. Technically we had to keep them in the back in storage, but we'd all just rifle through them and take what we wanted.

Customers were incredibly stupid. They would regularly walk in, want to rent a brand new movie and ask where it was, despite there being a giant display and a 4 foot section of wall, from floor to ceiling, of just that movie. We'd point to it or say what aisle and they'd still say dumb poo poo like "I can't find it." Without actually looking.

Blockbuster sucked, but working there was pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

A White Guy posted:

Blockbuster is a testament to people who seriously, truly believed that this internet video streaming thing was just a passing fad.

Also Redbox does pretty much everything Blockbuster could ever did, but much cheaper and easier.

Blockbuster themselves tried to get in on the rental box scene. They had their own version in the last 6 months before they closed down my store.

Still expensive though.

• Locked thread