Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i never had a weird experience at my local blockbuster growing up, but i did remember that the comedy section had a DVD double feature of Thumb Wars and Thumbtanic. i never bit the bullet and checked it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Going to Gamestop over the last few years has been interesting, the game sections keep getting smaller and smaller while the sections for tacky "gamer/geek" merchandise get larger and larger. I think half of each Gamestop at this point is Star Wars mugs and funko pop figures.
at least there's even less of a reason to go into gamestop now. this is a great store that i go to instead

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I never worked at a Blockbuster, but I did work at a few independent video stores and I think the one thing that never ceased to make me laugh was this one strange girl who had just graduated from high school who wanted to 'move up the ladder' at the store. In the year and a half I was there before I got a real job, I saw her do some crazy poo poo like lose her sense of smell by jumping out of a moving truck to avoid her boyfriend, suffer a meltdown during a busy Friday night while she couldn't stop talking about how her clitoris swelled and turned black after her first sexual experience, and how she missed a morning shift because the night before had her and some other co-workers hit a gopher and then meltdown when they couldn't find a vet that was open at 1am to 'save it' despite it barely clinging to life in her car trunk.

I wish I was making this poo poo up, but needless to say this was my last ever retail job, and for that I am thankful.
something tells me she'll never be "head" of a major corporation hahaha

• Locked thread