Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I rented Planet of the Apes. My vcr ate the tape. I was mortified that Blockbuster would never rent to my family again. They ended up giving us a free rental. I think I got Friday the 13th VI Jason Lives from it. That movie owns. Best of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I don't have any interesting experiences myself, but when I was in elementary school one of my classmates got banned from the local Blockbuster because he was trying to impress his friends by attempting a backflip while his parents were waiting in line or something and ended up wrecking their Pokémon Snap booth.

I rented Pokémon Snap and went to the booth at Blockbuster and it took 30 minutes for the guy to print out my Magmar pic stickers. He said I was the first person to use the Snap booth.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Palpek posted:

When I was in high school the equivalent of my local Blockbuster had an illegal video black market part. Basically the two guys working there had their own selection of arthouse videos that they would acquire from different sources or even record them themselves on cable. They kept a list locked in a drawer under the desk. In order to get to that list you needed to be introduced by a friend that already got introduced and then when you came in you had to give one of those two employees "the look" and they'd hook you up.

No videos for you! Come back 100 year!

• Locked thread