Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

voodoorootbeer posted:

Looks like the charge move in the new version is activated by a new button instead of long pressing the battle screen. This is an improvement I think?

if it actually WORKS, yes, that's a very big improvement

now that I think about it, that's especially true for people who have multiple phones/accounts during raids :laugh:

I know a couple who have, between them, five phones. I imagine trying to coordinate charges on that many devices is hell with the longpress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Just updated :woop:

Also:

Vegastar posted:

Hoenn the hell still plays this?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Pokémon GO: Chill, Lombre! She's just Hoenn!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Pokémon Go: You'll never be a Pokémon Master hoenn yourself out like that

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Pokémon GO: Weather Is Here. Fire 'Mons Only Spawn In California

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

Is the weather update live yet? I loaded up the game on iOS earlier and it tried loading this skybox that was different and had a lot of clouds before freezing up and requiring a restart. It went back to normal after that.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Steve Jorbs posted:

Is the weather update live yet? I loaded up the game on iOS earlier and it tried loading this skybox that was different and had a lot of clouds before freezing up and requiring a restart. It went back to normal after that.

The update will probably coincide with a new loading screen because they have a Christmas one ready to go.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

seiferguy posted:

The update will probably coincide with a new loading screen because they have a Christmas one ready to go.

I have both the weather and the new loading screen. Now I just need the gen 3s to actually show up!!! Has anyone spotted any yet?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

GPTribefan posted:

I have both the weather and the new loading screen. Now I just need the gen 3s to actually show up!!! Has anyone spotted any yet?

Nope. They still have to force the update serverside and flip the magic switch to turn things on.

Also, from what I understand the weather stuff is coming later this month, for now the skybox just got prettied up.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Pogo update just went live for me on Android. Wasn't up earlier today.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

dwarf74 posted:

Pogo update just went live for me on Android. Wasn't up earlier today.

That's weird. It was up for me last night, also on Android. The loading screen :3:

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Vegastar posted:

Nope. They still have to force the update serverside and flip the magic switch to turn things on.

Also, from what I understand the weather stuff is coming later this month, for now the skybox just got prettied up.

It was snowing on my screen earlier....

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

voodoorootbeer posted:

Looks like the charge move in the new version is activated by a new button instead of long pressing the battle screen. This is an improvement I think?

Doesn't really matter what it is, so long as it works consistently.

If the explicit button makes it work 100% of the time then great.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

~Coxy posted:

Doesn't really matter what it is, so long as it works consistently.

If the explicit button makes it work 100% of the time then great.

Raided earlier today with it. In patented Niantic style, it doesn't always show you the move going off, but the enemy hp does go down. So it works, but it's also not really great.

When I took down a gym it worked fine, only the raid gave me trouble.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Give me the new pokes already Niantic.

Slightly made up for the missed unown for my boyfriend today when a blastoise happened to spawn by my work, his first!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Psychobabble! posted:

Give me the new pokes already Niantic.

Slightly made up for the missed unown for my boyfriend today when a blastoise happened to spawn by my work, his first!

Do you have to be a certain level to see third level evolutions like Blastoise, Charizard? Or is it just super random luck of the draw?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

tangy yet delightful posted:

Do you have to be a certain level to see third level evolutions like Blastoise, Charizard? Or is it just super random luck of the draw?

Your level doesn't matter for spawns, so everyone sees the same thing. The level and IVs of whatever you catch does, though.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
OK, PoGO goons. What are some good IV apps, and do any of them work on iOS?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Your level doesn't matter for spawns, so everyone sees the same thing. The level and IVs of whatever you catch does, though.

Thanks for the info

fake edit:

Edward Mass check out Calcy IV (should work on iOS).

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

tangy yet delightful posted:

Thanks for the info

fake edit:

Edward Mass check out Calcy IV (should work on iOS).

... what?

iOS has no IV apps you should use. They're either gonna get your account stolen or don't work. Use a website.

EDIT: The only way to make an IV app work on iOS is to feed it a Pokemon Go screenshot. I don't know if an app to do that exists.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

... what?

iOS has no IV apps you should use. They're either gonna get your account stolen or don't work. Use a website.

EDIT: The only way to make an IV app work on iOS is to feed it a Pokemon Go screenshot. I don't know if an app to do that exists.

Uh pokegenie is the one iOs goons recommend frequently and I haven't heard that it is suddenly bad so?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

endlessmonotony posted:

PokeGenie on iOS does this and works extremely well.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

endlessmonotony posted:

... what?

Ah sorry about that, I could have sworn when I was DLing the app on Android I saw something saying it worked on both.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

endlessmonotony posted:

... what?

IV Go still works, but does that mean it’s unsafe to use? :ohdear:

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Comrade Koba posted:

Afaik as long as the app isn't logging into/accessing your account, you're fine. For instance, calcy IV takes a screenshot of the Pokémons page and runs the algorithm that way. Some of the older apps involved logging into your account and that's where you get into trouble

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Vegastar posted:

Hoenn the hell still plays this?

Boywunda posted:

I don't see how there can be any other choice....

Anyway I like the reliability of the charge move button but I wish they still had the charge bar under the health bar. Now I have to move my hand to see it. Also the charge button is too low, they should place it higher on the screen or make it wider so I don't have to look at it to press it, since right now it's in an awkward spot that my thumb would never go to naturally.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Comrade Koba posted:

I still use IV Go ever since the guy running the PGNexus website lost interest and stopped updating it. I haven't been banned or softbanned at all this whole time but who knows if it's because of luck or whatever. I don't see how you can depend on the screenshot apps to clean out your collection of junk unless you spend hours playing cleanup and taking hundreds of screenshots.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Willsun posted:

I still use IV Go ever since the guy running the PGNexus website lost interest and stopped updating it. I haven't been banned or softbanned at all this whole time but who knows if it's because of luck or whatever. I don't see how you can depend on the screenshot apps to clean out your collection of junk unless you spend hours playing cleanup and taking hundreds of screenshots.

Meanwhile the only not-going-to-gently caress-you-over trick on iOS is the screenshots, and I generally ignore anything that isn't both an interesting 'mon type and a wonder, so I might as well input the data when I'm on a real computer than juggle screenshots.

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009

Louisgod posted:

PokeGenie on iOS does this and works extremely well.

Can attest to this. Works well.

Sprite Based
Nov 13, 2004

dance dance sasquatch
Pokemon GO: Kipz Up, Hoenn's Down

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Pomplamoose posted:

Anyway I like the reliability of the charge move button but I wish they still had the charge bar under the health bar. Now I have to move my hand to see it. Also the charge button is too low, they should place it higher on the screen or make it wider so I don't have to look at it to press it, since right now it's in an awkward spot that my thumb would never go to naturally.

What I've changed to, is I tap the charge move for my quick moves, and as soon as it's available it hits the charge move immediately... Especially during raids. Battles I might change that uo, as I don't always want to use the charge move.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
They really need to up the drop rate on revives a little. If I hadn't been hoarding full revives for so long I'd be out of attackers.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Same. At first it was mostly potions that were scaled back in drop rate but now even the revives. The only speculation I can make is they want us to spend more coins on buying revives, but at the same time this is making people play and interact less if we can't revive our good, battle-ready Pokemon.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

They really need to up the drop rate on revives a little. If I hadn't been hoarding full revives for so long I'd be out of attackers.

This is where the dodge glitch has come in handy because even if they die in battle and become unselectable, they're still alive afterwards and just need potions :v:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
To partially circumvent the lack of revives, I've been powering stuff up (only stuff I'm gonna power up anyway) to revive it, then just using potions.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

So do we have any idea when they're flipping the Hoenn switch?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

DizzyBum posted:

So do we have any idea when they're flipping the Hoenn switch?

Niantic really likes 1pst and 4pst for stuff, so that's a reasonable guess. Far as I know, the update to 0.85.1/2 hasn't been forced yet, and that has to happen first.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Is 1/2 different from 2? Because I've got that update on 3 phones (Android). I'm just waiting to get my hands on some new trashmons.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Datasmurf posted:

Is 1/2 different from 2? Because I've got that update on 3 phones (Android). I'm just waiting to get my hands on some new trashmons.

Android is 0.85.2, iOS is like 1.35.1 or something. They're different numbers because apple is weird. The .2 patch was just an android hotfix thing, so it's unlikely to be coming to iOS, hence .1/2

Edit: and literally as I was posting this they forced the update. People not on latest should be getting prompted to update the game. Now we're waiting for the GAME_MASTER file to be updated with the gen3 models and movesets. Then we're at the point the switch can drop at any time. Likely a couple hours.

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Aaaaaand I'm seeing shadows. Gen 3 is live

• Locked thread