Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Willsun posted:

Is Lapras on that list not adjusted for the nerf? Because my Exeggutors and Arcanine currently sit higher on CP than my Lapras which is like 86% IVs and I've walked loads of kilometers to keep it powered all the way up. I highly doubt it's the 10th most powerful one anymore and I'm really disappointed by this because Lapras is a personal fave despite CP tiers. Like, thanks for not nerfing all the ill-gotten Snorlaxes and Dragonites that GPS spoofers target for the most.

The lapras has not been updated on the silph road (I mentioned that in parentheses in my earlier post). Everything else should be correct. Also at least you have a lapras and can use it to prestige against dragonites.

Away all Goats posted:

This might be valid if Gyms were equal opportunity. Right now its "Live in an area with good gym pokemon spawns and a healthy gym scene where no one team dominates" or "get lucky that your team has lockdown the area and you managed to sneak a few mons in there"

I know but I prefer to be a jerk about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the problem for me is that both at home and at my college, all the nearby gyms constantly are reset...but always by blue or yellow. i'm on red and they only very rarely take a gym and it lasts like an hour if they do. my record for having a pokemon in a gym was like 4 hours with my perfect iv snorlax. nobody in my area is on red apparently.

on the plus side, houndours abound in both locations, which is cool cause i like houndoom.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

all-Rush mixtape posted:

Somebody on reddit said you can evolve around 30-40 in the 30 minute window, so no need to save up more than that.

This is some hilariously old info in the OP. Evolution animation is somewhere just under 20 seconds so unless it takes you 40 seconds between evolutions to choose your next one during a lucky egg spree, you've got issues.

I think most people can average at least 50 evolutions per lucky egg. I usually end up between 74-78 depending on if I get lag spikes where the game takes an extra 30 seconds after I press the Evolve button.

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!
Most of the new cosmetic options look like poo poo. The lighting and textures seem totally off and clash with the original designs. Reminds me of all the community DLC for The Sims back in the day. (Or, to be slightly less dated, most Skyrim workshop stuff)

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

After wandering around downtown tonight, it looks like Snubbull, Hoothoot, Spinarak, Swinub, and Sentret are the super common ones. Coolest things I found were Aipom and Stantler.

Has anyone else noticed that the rate at which mons run away after break out of balls has gone way up?

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Is anybody noticing a change in the ball throwing mechanics? It seems to throw with a much higher force for me on Android. I suddenly can't make Great throws anymore.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

My house has a ladybug pokeman infestation. Even at night. I guess we're aphid rich here in the south sound.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
Yeah, it does feel different. I usually throw curve balls from the screen's corner and all of a sudden they were flying too far or too high to hit the Pokemon. I needed to start letting the ball go earlier or throwing it at an angle closer to the ground.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Yeah, it's noticeable. It's both good and bad in that it's throwing a lot further than it used to be. Good in that the ones they place far in the back (Ponyta, Zubat, a lot of higher evolution Pokemon in general) shouldn't be near-impossible to hit anymore with a curve throw. The bad being that anything close up requires surgical precision to hit inside the circle. Not to mention they fixed a few of the previously far away Pokemon to be closer so the "boost" in throw power really doesn't help anything at all.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

After wandering around downtown tonight, it looks like Snubbull, Hoothoot, Spinarak, Swinub, and Sentret are the super common ones. Coolest things I found were Aipom and Stantler.

Has anyone else noticed that the rate at which mons run away after break out of balls has gone way up?

I haven't seen a single Swinub, but I have seen a load of Murkrows and Houndours out here in the desert. And a pair of Sudowoodos, but one of them ran away :( They have the most fabulous attack animation.

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

What are the "rare" Pokemon of gen 2? Hoothoot, spinarak and sentret seem very common.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Walking my 84% Larvitar.

Blissey is a BEAST. Impossible to prestige against.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Do we know if Murkrow is any good yet? Three spawned here within a couple of minutes. One at 750 (above average) and two over 1k (caught my attention) cp. They're near the arc bottom for me at lvl 27, so I'm not sure how viable they'd be in gyms.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

Walking my 84% Larvitar.

Blissey is a BEAST. Impossible to prestige against.

There's a guy locally that has 4 100% chanseys. Three of them are Blisseys now, which is just awful.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
OK, gen 2 dragged me back in. Unfortunately I've moved somewhere waaaay worse to play Pokemon Go in.

Question for anyone who lives in mid-sized SE Asian cities with 0 sidewalks/traffic laws: How do you play pogo without getting run over? You have to be pretty careful b/c of traffic when walking around here and basically no one is going to walk w/ a phone out :(

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

:stonklol: Holy gently caress gyms are going to be a pain in the rear end thanks to the last event.

Bear Retrieval Unit fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Feb 17, 2017

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Furret is my new favourite thing.

LOOKIT HIS LITTLE FACE :3:

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011
PGNexus seems to be broken, any alternatives?

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.
Blissey is just awful. A huge loving roadblock with like double the HP of an equivalent Snorlax.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Agreed. They need to make fighting type moves worthwhile somehow so we can cut through them. With the changes to how fire fang works my arcanines don't seem to put up the same numbers as before.

Is there a good way to check on what moves are good now? It seems like water pulse is now better than aqua tail for vaporeons?

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I hate the gym changes. You now have to wait for your pokemon to finish the animation and step back before attacking again, basically doing 2/3 of the previous dps. So as if chewing through Blisseys isn't bad enough doing it is now much slower.

The new throwing mechanism is also bad, way too sensitive.

Bear Retrieval Unit fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Feb 17, 2017

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Blissey is gonna be a bitch. At least 1 of my 2 has hyperbeam. Would a Rhydon with fighting moves do better than a basic fighter?

drat, guess I should have waited on my Dragonite! But Dragon Breath/Claw isn't too bad, is it?

Is Larvitar the new Dratini?

Do you need to keep a male and female of each new species for future breeding?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
apparently all nests have gen 2 in them now

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Are there working scanners, web-based or desktop?

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I hate the gym changes. You now have to wait for your pokemon to finish the animation and step back before attacking again, basically doing 2/3 of the previous dps. So as if chewing through Blisseys isn't bad enough doing it is now much slower.

The new throwing mechanism is also bad, way too sensitive.

I think they just lengthened nearly every quick attack cool down. That sucks for quick attacking things like water gun and (bug) bite. Training against exeggutors with butterfree is now pretty useless especially because confusion does so much damage now.

On the other hand the reworked charge moves hit like a goddamn freight train. Fire blast from a flareon took off almost half of the health bar from a double-cp exeggutor.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Has anyone hatched a new pokeyman from an egg yet? I've just hatched a Togepi and a bunch of Nidorans from 2k eggs, so it looks like they've been mixed up again.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Are the pokemon still more dense near areas that get lots of foot traffic? One of the things that turned me off this game was that they seemed to use Ingress' energy algorithm for pokemon frequency. Combined with where the pokestops were, the game very much wanted me to idle in a park by mainstreet rather than actually walk along the nature trail.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

What the hell, Pokemon GO is fun again? I wish they added the new Pokemon sooner so there wasn't so much awkward down time.

I did encounter a weird bug though. I was trying to catch something and the ball recoiled back and started clipping through the ground, while the Pokemon I was trying to catch disappeared, replaced with the arrows from AR mode - which I wasn't in. Lost a high-level-looking Misdreavus. :(

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

Did they ever fix the radar or tracking, like, at all? Particularly for places that are not Seattle? I haven't played since they took down the 3rd party map thing.

But since my favorite type is Bug and those only get better as the Gens progress, I'm kinda excited about this.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Really tempted to buy some pants

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Wasn't sure if my app updated when it launched and suddenly I'm surrounded by a party of Woopers. I am COOL with THIS.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Fingerless Gloves posted:

Really tempted to buy some pants

I'd love a pair of socks but the developers evidently don't know what socks are. I also considered the Instinct t-shirt because it probably has the best color scheme of the three but 500 coins :lol:

e: Here's a gen II egg hatching chart

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Feb 17, 2017

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Since it wasn't posted in this thread yet, though most people already know:

"Sakura" = Espeon
"Tamao" = Umbreon

This only works once so save it for a high IV & high CP eevee.

That said, are either of them worth it right now?

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Espeon probably. 3k max CP with better attack and worse stamina than Vaporeon.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

BrianBoitano posted:

That said, are either of them worth it right now?

I evolved a 750CP or so Eevee and got a 2400CP Espeon with Confusion and Future Sight, the latter hitting for 120. Max power up has it at 2613CP for me so yeah, seems worth it so far.

Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
So if I have a perfect Eevee I've been saving for this generation - Espeon is the better choice?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Joose Caboose posted:

So if I have a perfect Eevee I've been saving for this generation - Espeon is the better choice?

Definitely.

In other news, I'm already sick of Murkrows and like anything that wears a hat that looks like a fedora, it seems extremely useless.

e: I say as a 1027CP Murkrow spawns at work. :stare:

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 17, 2017

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Also friendly reminder to get a lucky egg before you go on any long walks/jogs this week. Dex bonuses left and right!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Did I luck out on my first Blissey evolution with those moves?

Also, my 100% IV Sakura

Astro7x fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Anyone figured out the items for some of the evolutions? I only have 16 porygon candies but seems kind of impossible to get Porygon 2 if I need that item anyway.

• Locked thread