Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Tired of making GBS threads up the Exchange thread.

This thread is for:

- skype for business on prem and previous generations (Lync, OCS)
- skype for business online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

We moved from lync server 2013 on prem to s4b online. We're a small company so by "moved" I mean I just disabled all the lync accounts, did an ad sync, and everyone got new licenses on s4b. Worked great except for one user who got a weird-rear end SIP assigned. I set SIP in proxyaddresses, didn't make a difference (get-msoluser shows the correct SIP in proxyaddresses, but get-csonlineuser shows the weirdo SIP). Called O365 support, they said I need to delete the user and recreate. That can't be right...

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Wilford Cutlery posted:

My company has adopted Skype for Business over the past year, we're a recruiting firm and it's a rather essential tool. We use it via our 365 subscription rather than an on-prem or 3rd-party hosted server.

I'd like to know more about whether we should stick with pure 365 for this. There are occasions where our people are trying to interview and something's not working, either they can't connect to the other person (who's using Skype for Desktop), or they can but video or audio isn't working, etc.

Would having local 'Lync' servers help with these issues? Why or why not?

When we had lync on prem we never could get external communication to work but admittedly it was very low priority. Now we are on s4b online, and I IM with external users with no problem... I only do it with a handful of clients though, and never use audio/video.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Anyone here use skype as replacement for phone system? I want to hear the good and the bad. Any significant cost savings over traditional/cloud-based pbx?

• Locked thread