Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tanisen
Sep 19, 2002

Smile... Rakka...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJXe8r8AYsw

What is causing this glow on the cable when the camera moves?

It happens in FO4 a lot. Geralt has it around him in The Witcher 3 and there's a couple spots in Overwatch I notice it.

Using a Gtx 1070 with up to date drivers. I've tried disabling motion blur and depth of field to no avail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
What monitor do you have? Do you see the aura if you pause that video? I'm not seeing anything strange (though I'm on a lovely monitor at work), so I'm wondering if you're seeing the effects of over-eager Response Time Compensation (RTC) on your monitor, which would cause "halos" around moving objects.

Tanisen
Sep 19, 2002

Smile... Rakka...

Alereon posted:

What monitor do you have? Do you see the aura if you pause that video? I'm not seeing anything strange (though I'm on a lovely monitor at work), so I'm wondering if you're seeing the effects of over-eager Response Time Compensation (RTC) on your monitor, which would cause "halos" around moving objects.

Mother of God I think you're right. I changed the style sheet on SA to something darker and now see it following my mouse pointer.

It's an Acer GN246HL. Now, to see if this is fixable. :(

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
That's probably what it is, those ultra-fast gamer monitors jack the RTC strength very high to reach high refresh rates with low motion blur. A quick Google shows a lot of people with that monitor complaining about it and unfortunately it doesn't seem that the setting can be changed.

Tanisen
Sep 19, 2002

Smile... Rakka...

Alereon posted:

That's probably what it is, those ultra-fast gamer monitors jack the RTC strength very high to reach high refresh rates with low motion blur. A quick Google shows a lot of people with that monitor complaining about it and unfortunately it doesn't seem that the setting can be changed.

That's the same results I'm finding for 'coronas' on this model.

I think this will be a return.

Thanks for your help!

• Locked thread