Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Hi guys,

While playing certain games, especially games that are more resource hungry than others my monitor will turn off and sometimes my fans will start spinning at max speed. I suspect there is an issue with my PSU, but I thought I'd ask you guys if you agree!

My specs are as follows:

CPU: i5-4670k
GPU: Nvidia 780 GTX
Motherboard: Asrock Z87 Extreme4
RAM: 8gb DDR-1600
Windows 7

I've done some logging with HWinfo which is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw_NVLM_VcV8QWtDMXFacmNFX0k

The logging is every half second until my PC shits itself.

Can you guys take a look and let me know if you see something suspect? I can't see much from the logging myself but from what I've read online it's either going to be the PSU (Which is kinda old in my system) or the GPU. Logging doesn't show that the GPU is going to high temps at any point and it doesn't seem to be having issues with voltages.

Any light you can throw on this would be great, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
Just to clarify- is your monitor shutting off, like the power LED turns off and you have to press the monitor's power button to turn it back on? Or would it be more accurate to say that it loses video signal and isn't displaying anything?

What PSU do you have and how old is it?

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Actuarial Fables posted:

Just to clarify- is your monitor shutting off, like the power LED turns off and you have to press the monitor's power button to turn it back on? Or would it be more accurate to say that it loses video signal and isn't displaying anything?

What PSU do you have and how old is it?

Losing video signal definitely.

I can't even remember what PSU it is but I bet it's 8 years old.

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice
Just get a new power supply and see if that fixes it, there isn't really anything we could do that would tell you if it was the power supply other than that, and a failing power supply could easily cause other symptoms.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Alereon posted:

Just get a new power supply and see if that fixes it, there isn't really anything we could do that would tell you if it was the power supply other than that, and a failing power supply could easily cause other symptoms.

Well, I replaced my power supply and it's still happening so likely my graphics card. Welp!

• Locked thread