Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Phone

it should be pronounced Pown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

HJB posted:

Gouda. Americans can't say gouda, at all. Brits can't say it either, but they're less wrong.

How is it pronounced? I always pronounce it "Goo-Dah"

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

HJB posted:

Like "how-da", as in "Gouda hell do Americans get it so wrong????"

Interesting, unfortunately I will always call it goodah because if I ask the grocery clerk where the howda is they'll just be confused.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

OctoberBlues posted:

I know the creator of the gif says it is pronounced like jif, but does he really get to decide that? I prefer gif, but I think jif is still technically considered correct? I don't know, but it's annoying.

I don't think he gets to decide how its pronounced, he made a file format with an acronym using the English language. The 'G' stands for graphical which is a hard 'G' sound, which means 'gif' should be pronounced with a hard 'G', just because he's a douchebag swede doesn't mean everyone needs to pronounce the acronym with a retarded swedish accent.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Can I axe you a queshion?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Can I axe you a queshion?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
People who pronounce scorpion as Skorpee-on. Just lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

Is there supposed to be a silent G in Gyro?

yeah its pronounced yee-row or hee-row but lol gently caress you I'll say Gyro

• Locked thread