Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I know the extraneous "r" in words like "wash" has been mentioned (people who say "dishwarsher" should be euthanized), but has anyone mentioned the weird insertion of a preliminary "h" sound in words like "whale"?

Hearing it as "huh-wail" always makes me cringe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

eSports Chaebol posted:

I mean it is "whale" not "wale" I tell you what

I am going to be the guy huh-woo finally starts pronouncing words like huh-wat and huh-ware consistently! :pseudo:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Bogatyr posted:

I took a class on a Nokia CDMA base station years ago, the instructor was from Mexico City. At one point he was talking about a "vai ess tee ee" the whole class was baffled until he put up a slide with word "Bias Tee". A collective subdued ooohh came over the class with a puzzled look on the instructor's face.

Just to head this question off, A bias tee is used to apply power(separate from the RF) to a coaxial cable to power a mast head amplifier.

So it runs kind of like power over ethernet?

• Locked thread