Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wendigee posted:

you do realize you didn't help anyone right? try it again with american syllables. I think Tokyo is supposed to be Tok-yo? Is that wrong? Also Kerry-yokie is totally how americans pronounce it, whats the proper way?

kara-oh-keh

Though the "oh-keh" part is a borrowed word of "orchestra." So it's really the japanese that are loving up the pronunciation in the first place.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Feb 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

When I heard how the Top Gear hosts pronounced "Hyundai" I thought I had been raped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cklyAeAa8M

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Bogatyr posted:

Maybe it's due to having actual Koreans around here but Hyundai is kind a lazy middle ground between the Pronunciationbook and this one. hyun-day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0UovyM8Ni0

This one is correct. Still, I've heard other Americans come pretty close with Hyundai. The Top Gear guys just completely blew me away with how wrong they were. Colonizing is in their blood.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mahuum Aqoha posted:

Picture being pronounced as "pitcher" and not "pick-chure". I'm from Minnesota and hear it all the time, but I've also heard it escape the lips of people I know from Texas.

Don't you guys also play "Duck ,Duck, Grey Duck" instead of "Duck, Duck, Goose"

• Locked thread