Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
I got the feeling that Man Utd could have been in trouble against St Etienne if not for some luck and refereeing margins going our way (for once) in the first half. Starting Fellaini was a disaster and they were the better team for a while. Hilariously bad start from Bailly. Much better second half from United though, enjoyable to watch. Pogba annoys me a bit with his finishing. How the gently caress do you put that straight against the bar instead of heading it down. Martial was great again. :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Reminder to my fellow fans of the Red Devils franchise: The 2nd leg against Saint-Etienne is TODAY at 1800 CET.

Line-up: Romero, Young, Bailly, Smalling, Blind, Carrick, Pogba, Fellaini, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Ibrahimovic.

:raise:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Alexeythegreat posted:

Also, United are hosed, and I'm being serious

Why? Rostov have a great home record but we should beat them soundly at OT.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
United will play with 3/5 at the back again. :raise:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

belgend posted:

his name's smalling

:laugh:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
We're not winning this gay competition btw. We've gone backwards since January. We used to at least create plenty of chances before failing to finish them, now we aren't even doing that.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Brony Car posted:

I think you're overreacting. If you can get through these stages without breaking a sweat or doing anything, why would you?

A kind draw might also take out any remaining "serious" club left. Man-U are justifiably heavy favorites.

It's not like they have been trying to relax by not trying to create chances or dominate, they've just failed at it.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

belgend posted:

quarterfinal draw:

Anderlecht - United
Celta de Vigo - Genk
Ajax - Schalke
Lyon - Besiktas

Perfect draw for Man Utd. One of the weakest teams, short travel, away match first. :drum:

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Looking forward to United making Celta look like world beaters tonight. They just can't do things the easy way.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Lot 49 posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39894023

What a great atmosphere the final will have.

The 30,000 UEFA sponsors will be raising the roof

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Can't wait for United to pick up the Europa League trophy and the CL spot after the formality of a football game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Cant wait for Jose and Pogba to show those ABUs who bombed the concert last night that you cant keep the Most Expensive Team down

They were definitely ABUs and I hate them. :rant: Why else would anyone target Manchester?

If I know Jose, he's going to step in that locker room before the match and scream "THIS ONE'S FOR MANCHESTER... GO OUT THERE AND GIVE EVERYTHING YOU GOT, THEN GIVE SOME MORE!"

• Locked thread