Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Since we're in the end times I'm compiling a list of some movies that you should watch about the end of the world and stuff here is one:

The Omega Man

Starring CHUCK HESTON.

This is the 2nd movie that was based on "I Am Legend." The first one was '64s Vincent Price movie "The Last Man on Earth" and the latest was that dumb Will Smith movie "I Am Legend" of course.

Why should you watch it? Crazy vampire people, Chuck getting wasted often. I don't really remember to be honest because I probably have brain damage from alcoholism but trust me you have to watch it it's good! Machine guns, booze, 70s poo poo. It's got it all.

The Planet of the Apes

Starring CHUCK HESTON.

Why should you watch it? Because it loving owns. Chuck is like this astronaut dude and crash lands on the planet of the apes and thrills abound as he tries to make sense of this wacky new world. It's been remade twice now. The one with the Abe Lincoln statue was dumb as gently caress and the more recent one was ok but not as good as this. If you haven't watched this poo poo then you're a weird babby just loving watch it poo poo.

Escape from New York

Starring KURT RUSSELL (and Ernest Borgnine who owns FYI)

Why should you watch it? BECAUSE IT'S A JOHN CARPENTER MOVIE AND J. CARPENTER OWNS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

HCT you are cool and good and have cool and good taste in films

All the way from NZ I am throwing out this masterpiece:

Made by some no-name kiwi guy who went on to direct some piece of poo poo film about orks and elves or some poo poo

Film owns like gently caress and explains small town NZ life really well

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
drat i forgot i made this thread already

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

beyond thunderdome isn't a very good movie

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
No tina turner :(

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kazinsal posted:

beyond thunderdome isn't a very good movie

I watched two of those three today and agree that Beyond Thunderdome is definitely the worst of the series.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

(The remake is also acceptable/should be watched as well.)

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

This film is an amazing portrayal of realistic gun fights involving realistic people. If you've ever wondered what would happen if you and your friend from the army tried to be criminals and get paid then watch this film.

This film also shows why 1st sergeant made you be sleeves down while on patrol.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

this is still my favorite movie ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Peo3Nt4eM

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Reverand maynard posted:

This film is an amazing portrayal of realistic gun fights involving realistic people. If you've ever wondered what would happen if you and your friend from the army tried to be criminals and get paid then watch this film.

The opening scene is the poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xsaMcw69D8

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Easily the one of the greatest movies of all time. If you haven't seen it, that's just :sad:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Reverand maynard posted:

I love that line from the old dude about how 'if you ever meet an old man in this game, you know one thing about him. he's a survivor'

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Two Finger posted:

I love that line from the old dude about how 'if you ever meet an old man in this game, you know one thing about him. he's a survivor'

Not just some old dude, but James Caan

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I don't think this film needs any real kind of introduction so without further ado:

And this one probably doesn't either, and from what the rest of GiP has to say about it it's incredibly accurate right down to the whistleblower being forced to resign and the guilty getting sweet contractor gigs

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Aliens is a film with a title that doesn't make a lot of sense. It's a sequel that has nothing to do with Alien, the movie that preceded it, and even less to do with Alien 3, (or Alien Resurrection aka Alien 4) for that matter.

Aliens is a film about the United States Colonial Marines, or more specifically, USMC Private First Class Jenette Vasquez. Aliens take place in the future in the year 2179.

quote:

Private First Class Jenette Vasquez was a Smartgun operator with the United States Colonial Marine Corps, part of 2nd Battalion Bravo Team. She was the sister of Carmen Vasquez. Jenette was a member of the combat unit deployed to LV-426 aboard the USS Sulaco in 2179, to investigate the sudden loss of contact with the colony of Hadley's Hope. She was subsequently involved in combating the Xenomorph infestation at the colony.

Vasquez is a tough bitch.

She deals with a lot of hazing

But she always has the best comebacks:

"No, have you?

Aliens occasionally focuses on other, distracting topics such as the camaraderie between other Marines on the Sulaco. It also focuses on questions like what it means to be sentient, and whether that should force us to question our own humanity in a universe where savage lifeforms propagate by exploiting human biomass, and fabricated android are better at being human than humans are.

But, mainly, Aliens is about Vasquez screaming "Let's rock!" when her fuddy-duddy lieutenant, Noble Gorman, decides that all fun is banned and starts confiscating weaponry. Nobles hate collateral damage! But Vasquez screams her war cry, and they all waste some loving xenos.

Noble Gorman panicking when his years spent at the academy studying organizational management and The Five Types of Leadership have amounted to nothing:

Playing notable backup in Aliens is Sergeant Apone, who is sadly taken out early in the film in order to raise the stakes and keep the audience invested in PFC Vasquez's arc.

Finally, here's the Aliens poster, which features some civilians getting in the way of marines doing their job (I guess nothing much changes in the future!)

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Zeris posted:

Aliens is a film with a title that doesn't make a lot of sense. It's a sequel that has nothing to do with Alien, the movie that preceded it, and even less to do with Alien 3, (or Alien Resurrection aka Alien 4) for that matter.

Aliens is a film about the United States Colonial Marines, or more specifically, USMC Private First Class Jenette Vasquez. Aliens take place in the future in the year 2179.

Vasquez is a tough bitch.

She deals with a lot of hazing

But she always has the best comebacks:

"No, have you?

Aliens occasionally focuses on other, distracting topics such as the camaraderie between other Marines on the Sulaco. It also focuses on questions like what it means to be sentient, and whether that should force us to question our own humanity in a universe where savage lifeforms propagate by exploiting human biomass, and fabricated android are better at being human than humans are.

But, mainly, Aliens is about Vasquez screaming "Let's rock!" when her fuddy-duddy lieutenant, Noble Gorman, decides that all fun is banned and starts confiscating weaponry. Nobles hate collateral damage! But Vasquez screams her war cry, and they all waste some loving xenos.

Noble Gorman panicking when his years spent at the academy studying organizational management and The Five Types of Leadership have amounted to nothing:

Playing notable backup in Aliens is Sergeant Apone, who is sadly taken out early in the film in order to raise the stakes and keep the audience invested in PFC Vasquez's arc.

Finally, here's the Aliens poster, which features some civilians getting in the way of marines doing their job (I guess nothing much changes in the future!)

:perfect:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsuSpei9cf8

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Surprised you didn't include the bit where she finally has enough of his poo poo and frags the officer

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Yo RedLetterMedia did a thing on the fifty layers of satire and Paul Verhoven that is Starship Troopers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkEdyq3UE5M

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm pretty sure Starship Troopers had the first pair of titties I ever saw in a movie.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm pretty sure Starship Troopers had the first pair of titties I ever saw in a movie that I remember.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm pretty sure Starship Troopers had the first pair of titties I ever saw in a movie.

also the graphic violence was a revelation to 11 year old me

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Aliens loving owns and is one of my favorite movies

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
/\/\/\/\

Look at all these people who didn't wear a whole into their dad's VHS copy of Terminator peeping Sara Connor's titties.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I watched Aliens on HBO in like 198x, had the vhs, the dvd, and now the bluray.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Aliens loving owns and is one of my favorite movies

It's honestly pretty close to perfect as far as action films go. It's also hard to overstate how many cliches and poo poo got their cues from it.

I mean basically all of Starcraft is based on Aliens.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
a few months ago I had a nightmare where it was like a rainy stormy night and there were bad dudes in my back yard and I just started screaming at them from my window iwth the Newt Scream. Like literally just screaming at them like Newt. Craziest poo poo. I told my wife about it and she makes fun of me for it still.

JohnnyHardcore
Jan 15, 2008
Look at all these noobs whose first set of movie titties wasn't the chick in Total Recall with 3 titties. Set a bar that is unattainable enough that its probably to blame for my multiple divorces.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Honestly I don't know what the first movie I saw was that had titties. I just remember being about 11 or 12 and seeing starship troopers and it sticks in my mind. Definitely saw movie titties before that though but that's before I started feeling funny feelings in my pants.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o posted:

Honestly I don't know what the first movie I saw was that had titties. I just remember being about 11 or 12 and seeing starship troopers and it sticks in my mind. Definitely saw movie titties before that though but that's before I started feeling funny feelings in my pants.

Braveheart.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
First movie I ever saw with titties was the Chuck Norris movie called Silent Rage.

It's a real bad movie.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Phone posting but imagine that I linked to something about Tremors.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Burt Gummer is the man we should all aspire to be.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Beyond Thunderdome is a good enough movie for the first half, then it becomes Whacky Wasteland Children's Romp and man gently caress that why are y'all leaving your god drat oasis for burnt out Sydney?

Kazinsal posted:

Yo RedLetterMedia did a thing on the fifty layers of satire and Paul Verhoven that is Starship Troopers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkEdyq3UE5M

Speaking of Verhoven,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuEZb_xn_JU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5K3AKl5qpc

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Anyone who's not sold on Planet of The Apes needs to know that the very first scene is literally Charlton Heston lighting a cigar in space.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Meet little Melvin, the 90lb weakling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZackeB9vQNM

Melvin is a nerd and nobody likes him.

Melvin gets hazed.

Melvin really gets hazed.

Melvin becomes the Toxic Avenger.

He beats up people for fun now. Usually they're bad.

Melvin is fuckin' ugly.

Melvin has some weird habits.

Melvin takes his time dishing out justice. He enjoys himself.

Melvin really, really enjoys himself.

Whatcha doin', Melvin?

Heh, carry on Melvin.

Melvin is pretty scary.

This is a bad guy, I think.

Yep.

drat Melvin, take it easy.

Godspeed Melvin, Toxic Crusader.

Miloshe
Oct 25, 2009

The little chicken girl wants me to ease up!
He can't handle!
He cries like woman!

I'll try and keep this one alive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKHPTHx0ScQ

Just watch the first 2 minutes to discover the essence of Afghanistan.

"if they don't gently caress the asses of those boys what should they gently caress? The pussies of their own grandmothers?"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Zeris reminded me sort of with his post of:

STREET TRASH

a bunch of hobos drink poison wine, think maddog 20/20 and poo poo goes crazy

dude drinks the wine and melts on a toilet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qP3Tx19w7c

and at one point a guys dick gets cut off and its like a 5 minute scene of dudes tossing it around playing keep away from him with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Safety stand down for Staplefahrer Klaus followed by five hours of CBT

• Locked thread