Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tao of lmao posted:

Can you craft sprinklers yet?

Yeah but I put them in my greenhouse so I don't have to worry about the crops inside. I guess I could rework my farm in such a way that multiple iridium sprinklers still allow the special epic 3x3 crop chance.. I think I will try something like that.

I'm also considering straight up selling all my chickens/ducks/cows/goats, demolishing the coop, and buying a bunch of pigs. Animals are awesome for midgame money earning but I'm way passed that and tending to them every day is a chore that I don't really do anymore.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
The more overlapping 3x3 tiles you have the better chance for Big Crop

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

My basic layout:

Got another 3x6 under the pond that you can't see.

Wine shed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

My basic layout:

Got another 3x6 under the pond that you can't see.

Wine shed.

drat...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

emoji posted:

The more overlapping 3x3 tiles you have the better chance for Big Crop

Cool, I'll set something like this up to the left of my Manual Farm. I still like watering things and I really don't have anything else to do in the game so lol

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Pretty standard cellar

Used to be my "mining/ore" storage shed but I'm slowly converting it to a diamond factory in the late game

My greenhouse that I spend like 30 minutes meticulously designing before I realized that honey doesn't actually produce in greenhouses

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

How do you make more of those crystal duping things? I don't think I have the restipe

Also, beautiful greenhouse god drat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thats a very pleasant looking greenhouse

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I'm not entirely sure what's required to learn the recipe (mining level maybe?) but here's what it requires

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Oh gently caress i forgot I need to max combat/mining still, that's probably what it is. They're lvl8 IIRC..

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

X-posting:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you guys are really good at this game, I'm terrible at getting my crops in meat rows

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Started a new game, didn't realize they added new types of farms to have! Now I'm stuck because I don't know which one to pick lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ol

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

In Training posted:

Accidentally played this all day. Starting to make mayo and preserves

This image reminds me of a helpful tip: if you accidentally hoe out too much land, you can use a pickax to return the soil to normal.

Bill Barber posted:

PROTIP: There's a traveling gypsy that appears in the south forrest (near the Wizard's house) every weekend, and she sells a random assortment of items.

The traveling merchant comes around every Friday and Sunday.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Sole.Sushi posted:

This image reminds me of a helpful tip: if you accidentally hoe out too much land, you can use a pickax to return the soil to normal.

woah

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

might buy this again on the switch so I can play it while soaking in a warm bath... I think that would be very relaxing.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You can make some seriously retarded wines and pickles in this game. To name one, Coconut Wine.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bliss.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

:coffee:

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

:coffee:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i started a new file, and went with wilderness farm because enemy mobs at night seemed like a good way to get materials you don't typically get above ground.

i'm about halfway through spring so far. finished a few bundles, and had a bumper crop of cauliflower come in. pretty close to building a coup, which is my next major goal. also close to level 40 in the mines, which i think is where iron comes up. hopefully i can start making sprinklers soon and actually have a layout to my farm beyond just a big clump of crops in front of my door.

gently caress, i love this game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You got to level 40 halfway through spring O_o ??

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

yeah, it's pretty easy once you know the tricks. i hate watering, so i tried to get iron asap.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i haven't started this game yet because i know i'll get sucked in like a og harvest moon or rune factory 3 which i played for nearly 200 hours just dicking around on the farm after all the post game dungeons and marriage which doesnt even take that long

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

In Training posted:

In my first playthrough I fished a level 8 sword out of a chest on like day 5. Subsequent playthroughs were significantly harder for me.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I have autism and ask me how to get 1000 iridium in the skull cave

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

I played on the river farm. You run out of space if you wanna powerfarm but you can also conceivably fill the whole thing up, which is satisfying.

Minerals

Greenhouse

Out side. The shed has kegs

I have three islands just for cash crops

Sap farm. It looks epic in the fall

My hens

We did it!!!!

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Emily changed the drat floor in the living room without asking me.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i got my earliest tree ever, and will have apples for the fall. i'm hoping the 4k pays off, because i've never done a tree this early in the game... might've been a mistake, but it's fun to try a new strategy. just got jam maker too, so i can get that up and running in time to press some drat apples

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

So far idk if jams is worth it. I mean of course they are because the jams are always worth more than the fruit but they take days to produce a single Jam. Also my maple grove hasn't produced any sap yet and they've been tapped for like 10 days :rant:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
every time i play this game i get irrationally mad that someone would throw rocks at linus' tent. what the gently caress man.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
these screenies are too much.. i'm going to buy this tomorrow

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

nice

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Ristolaz posted:

I played on the river farm. You run out of space if you wanna powerfarm but you can also conceivably fill the whole thing up, which is satisfying.

Minerals

Greenhouse

Out side. The shed has kegs

I have three islands just for cash crops

Sap farm. It looks epic in the fall

My hens

We did it!!!!

The long con... :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015