Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Diving back in. After the latest harvest I can afford a barn. Can't wait to start producing a bunch of cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Marnie is also just loving off somewhere while her store is open with no one manning the counter...I need cows

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
im anxious to start this game knowing I'm gonna rebuy it on the switch

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Ristolaz posted:

We did it!!!!

Mods? Mods we need you.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I loving hate this thread! Its loving bullshit. the farm game get sme pissed off just thinking about it and i hope everyones farm loving wilts!!!!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm curious what the other farm layouts look like

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm curious what the other farm layouts look like

check this out

https://stardew.info/planner/

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I chose foraging. The farm space seems limited compared to original but the grassyarea on the left side of the map respawns about 20 hardwood stumps every day along with a bunch of the forage materials from that season, usually gold star quality

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fishing layout makes me want to restart and make little crop islands but Ive already put 10+ hours into this file...

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Foraging is probably the best layout for someone just starting the game. I feel like all the other new ones are just there to add some variety/challenge for the people that want to replay the game again but have a slightly different experience.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Fishing layout makes me want to restart and make little crop islands but Ive already put 10+ hours into this file...

thats what I did in the pics on the last page, it looks cool and cozy but now that its lategame I wish I had more space

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

thats what I did in the pics on the last page, it looks cool and cozy but now that its lategame I wish I had more space

Yeah, it's a wonderful looking farm. What's the point of the mining one, it just seems to be a regular farm with plateaus

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ended summer with 4 cows 4 chickens and a steel watering bucket. Also around level 70 in the mines. I love how exponential the expansion is in this game, i spent 2 weeks at the start spinning my wheels watching a single bean grow so I could flip it for some hay but now I stack like 4g a day and stuff is just exploding on the fields

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Yeah, it's a wonderful looking farm. What's the point of the mining one, it just seems to be a regular farm with plateaus

There's respawning ore veins but imo it looks cool in a unique way. I like cliffs

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

Ended summer with 4 cows 4 chickens and a steel watering bucket. Also around level 70 in the mines. I love how exponential the expansion is in this game, i spent 2 weeks at the start spinning my wheels watching a single bean grow so I could flip it for some hay but now I stack like 4g a day and stuff is just exploding on the fields

A cool way to feel this, is with winter seeds

You can combine 1 of each winter forage item to get 10 seeds, which grows more winter forage items. Then keep crafting more seeds. I think one winter I started with 40 seeds and ended with ~400 to use for next winter. With the perk that makes all foraged items max quality it's pretty profitable too

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

This thread got me back into this game for the first time in a long time and I played until i passed out last night lol. I'm still pretty early, got one decent-sized (for the early game) patch of whatever seeds Pierre has for sale and a strawberry patch off to the side. Just got my dog and I'm waiting for my cauliflower crop to come in in the hopes that it will let me afford the coop. One cauliflower came in already but I gave it to Maru who loving loved it. This game's so comfy, that's not a word I'd use for a lot of games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My fall farm:

Finally have the luxury of a nice looking plot thats also easy to maintain. Will likely mirror this style on the west side with some of the other fall crops. I need to revisit that space I just dumped tree seeds into because its ugly and I can get infinte wood right outside my farm anyway.

Vineyard, anticipating some kegs Ill be making.

A question about trees: tip text on the special tree seeds like apples and such say they wont grow unless theres empty space in a circle around them. Is this true for all trees

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

i restartd with mining and itj ust looks cool. also the ore tht respawns corresponds to where you are in the mines so you cn get gold and a little bit of iridium sometimes

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

My fall farm:

Finally have the luxury of a nice looking plot thats also easy to maintain. Will likely mirror this style on the west side with some of the other fall crops. I need to revisit that space I just dumped tree seeds into because its ugly and I can get infinte wood right outside my farm anyway.

Vineyard, anticipating some kegs Ill be making.

A question about trees: tip text on the special tree seeds like apples and such say they wont grow unless theres empty space in a circle around them. Is this true for all trees

Cool lookin fsrm dude.

Normal trees won't grow right next to other trees but they should still grow if there's rocks/grass etc next to them. Fruit trees need a completely clear zone, this includes the zone of other fruit trees so they have to be 2 spaces apart

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

I have a crystal meditation room as well

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

You can make some seriously retarded wines and pickles in this game. To name one, Coconut Wine.

Greetings Coconut Wine.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

emoji posted:

Greetings Coconut Wine.

dang

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

emoji posted:

Greetings Coconut Wine.

I'm not wine.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Corn juice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ristolaz posted:

Corn juice

Yum

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I'm rebuilding some structures since my initial placement was sloppy. I have one of those green alien huts built but I've never seen them come out, will they just automatically bring crops back or what?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Hot Tips:

• Place a floor/path tile underneath your sprinklers so they don't get hoe'd up next season
  • Iridium sprinklers seem much cheaper at 10000g from Krobus on Friday instead of farming the mats
  • I mentioned this but more overlapping 3x3 tiles gives better chance for huge crop, this is because every 3x3 instance has its own independent chance
  • Give coffee and beer to your friends

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I'm rebuilding some structures since my initial placement was sloppy. I have one of those green alien huts built but I've never seen them come out, will they just automatically bring crops back or what?

Yes, they do it super early and put them in a bag next to the hut, and they also have a range. They're also not impeded by trellis crops:

emoji fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 18, 2017

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I've gotten Facebook normies to buy this game, ftw.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
spent a lot of time playing this today. i'm in mid-summer, and just had robin finish my barn. need to buy a cow so that i can start producing cheese. the final backpack is prob. my next goal.

i think i'm in pretty good shape to have the community center finished on time. once i have all of my capital improvements in place, i can make a priority to visit the traveling merchant twice a week. i'm fairly confident that's the easiest way to get a lot of that poo poo.

emoji posted:

I've gotten Facebook normies to buy this game, ftw.

i wonder if my mom would like it...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just remembered the incredible, unparalleled fall feel of this game

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the look of this game is so strong. But those little treasure chests that pop up during fishing troll me every time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i just remembered the incredible, unparalleled fall feel of this game

The fall music is god-tier.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The only part of the community center that seems like it will be tricky is the bulletin board stuff.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I just played this for 5 hours. whoops.

Going to stop now because I don't want to spend all 3 day weekend on it.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You can move any building by going to robin, and yeah they come out and harvest crops BUT not on rainy days

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Robin will move a barn full of cows instantly with just her bare arms

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

The only part of the community center that seems like it will be tricky is the bulletin board stuff.

You can find yourself missing like one fish and having to wait most of the year for the right season to catch it. But whatever this isn't a game you need to rush.

Wish this was a Switch launch title, but I guess I can live with a delay if they add Amiibo support and Nintendo themed hats (Mario's hat, Link's Minish Cap, a mushroom hat so you can look like Toad.)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
got paid early due to presidents' day so i am copping this poo poo tonight. see y'all on the farm :cheers:

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

doughvakiin posted:

got paid early due to presidents' day so i am copping this poo poo tonight. see y'all on the farm :cheers:

Early game tip: harvest as many salmonberries as possible during their 3-4 day season in mid spring, like spend all day getting them aside from your mandatory tasks and it you'll have a good energy stockpile which is super precious early. Do not make the mistake I did and sell them just bc you get a ridiculously big number of them. Or do whatever you want because you can't really make permanent mistakes in this amazing game. And remember to sleep and go to work irl lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't think my school lets off Monday

• Locked thread