Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soral
May 30, 2009

sebastian said he was going to put the papers in for adoption twice but no kids ever showed up. i need to get back to this game soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I feel like a rere but where is the incubator in the Large Coop

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ty. I died twice in the mines which pisses me off, lost like 15 levels

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fall draws to a close and I have an upgraded coop and barn, level 10 farming and almost all gold tools, and I lucked into an iridium bar so I have a sweet iridium sprinkler. IDK what Im planning to do for winter though, Ive been stockpiling grapes so I can cranking out wine in the cold long month ahead but beyond that...who knows

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Winter is a good time to hoard ores from the mines, as well as visit with your fellow townsfolk and increase your relationships.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Bill Barber posted:

Winter is a good time to hoard ores from the mines, as well as visit with your fellow townsfolk and increase your relationships.

it's a good time to

chill

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

Is it like harvest moon where you cant grow crops?

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
You can't grow regular crops but you can make winter seeds out of stuff you forage and plant those.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
You can make seeds out of the various foragables (like you can with every season) but there are no regular crops for Winter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh phew I love farming.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
A sneaky good tactic for winter when you've got the gold/iridium hoe is to hoe out the entire beach. For some reason during the Winter you get an insane amount of yam/root drops when digging in regular dirt. You can either sell them for a decent profit or use them to make seeds.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
If you go the jojo route then try to get the greenhouse up. Then you can grow all winter.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Catberry posted:

If you go the jojo route then try to get the greenhouse up. Then you can grow all winter.
The what route?

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫
Whoops! Joja route.

The Joja warehouse is for people who did the community center once and want to get the upgrades without fetching all the different things for the bundles. So you buy the upgrades for gold instead.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reogranized my artisanal section for winter. The two empty slots will house my two kegs once I can move them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
lmfao

grats dude

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
also did you honestly think it would end at 100? :unsmigghh:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Winter seeds are annoying cause the soil drys up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My winter farm

also reached the bottom of the mines. whats the most consistent way to get iridium, I want to spend the rest of winter stockpiling good sprinklers

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

My winter farm

also reached the bottom of the mines. whats the most consistent way to get iridium, I want to spend the rest of winter stockpiling good sprinklers

the place the skull key unlocks, aalso if you have any meteors on your property thats an easy bar or so

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

the place the skull key unlocks, aalso if you have any meteors on your property thats an easy bar or so

The quarry also seems pretty killer for ore gathering

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Very calming

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

The most consistent way is to buy a stack of omni geodes from the desert or sewer shop and then crack them all open, course that's also very expensive.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Its to do an insane skull cave dive to floor 200, which is also expensive, but if you do it right youll only need to do it once

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

If your grandpas ghost gives your farm the best rating at the end of Year 2 you get a pink cat statue that produces between 3-11 iridium ores a day or something crazy like that. It's more than enough for me to subside on without having to mine or fight things, which is literally the only weakness this game has IMHO.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I agree with everyone else that the combat is poo but something about the exploration/resource collection of going deeper and deeper into the great unknown in the mines is really appealing to me. I wish the Skull Cave was more defined and not just some endless rng machine.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

If your grandpas ghost gives your farm the best rating at the end of Year 2 you get a pink cat statue that produces between 3-11 iridium ores a day or something crazy like that. It's more than enough for me to subside on without having to mine or fight things, which is literally the only weakness this game has IMHO.

Yes but by the time you get that. Most players will have been to the skull caverns enough to have almost all the iridium they need.

For iridium i buy 100 medium sized bombs and then run into the skull cavern and just blow everything up. It's a very good source of all kinds of minerals and gems.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Catberry posted:

Yes but by the time you get that. Most players will have been to the skull caverns enough to have almost all the iridium they need.

Not me, which is why I said it. Relax lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I'll just focus on finishing the community center in Year 2. I've just got bulletin board and Fishing left but i hadn't fished until winter so I have a lot of catching up to do

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Not me, which is why I said it. Relax lol

I'm super relaxed!

Anyway getting 12 points and the statue can be tricky. Depending on how much time the player has already put into the save.

http://stardewvalleywiki.com/Grandpa

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In an interesting bit of timing harvest moon 64 is coming out on VC this week

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I played a season of this game and enjoyed it - and I stopped sometime after lightning struck my poo poo!!! I wanna dive back into it though. Maybe this time actually work on designing my farm to look nice - though I don't really know where to start there.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

HulkaMatt posted:

I played a season of this game and enjoyed it - and I stopped sometime after lightning struck my poo poo!!! I wanna dive back into it though. Maybe this time actually work on designing my farm to look nice - though I don't really know where to start there.

I think you just kinda feel it out. It helps to know that all the buildings can be moved so not much is really permanent.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
my farms are invariably a disorganized pile of crops in front of my house

also, i'm pretty close to running out of wood. i don't want to clear-cut some of the public areas in the wilderness because that makes it look ugly, but i also extremely do not want to buy wood for 50g a log.

i guess i could just cool it on upgrades until the trees i planted come in. i wish i'd been replanting from the start. in the event i ever play this again i'd make that a priority.

is there still a site that takes a screenie of your whole farm?

edit: here it is in winter. i've got the forage seeds coming in. i doubled them up once with the crafting recipe, but i don't think i'm going to do that again after their next harvest. the lake in the middle of the wilderness farm is very nice for early game watering, and i think it just looks cool w/ where it is in my animal pen.

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 21, 2017

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

You can enable zoom from the options menu and just zoom all the way out maybe, tho I never tried that. Public trees grow back also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Yeah you can clearcut the poo poo out of the forrest south of your farm, they'll all grow back in like 8 days or whatever it takes.

• Locked thread