Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
last podcast on the left and uhh yeah dude

and the dollop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
I don't listen to a lot of political podcasts unless you count Maddow. I like Mike Duncan's Revolutions and his earlier podcast The History of Rome

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Montasque posted:

1. Howard Stern Show
2. INFOWARS
you're in too deep son, you need to pull out asap

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
I'm liking Intercepted so far, but I'm only on episode 2.

The F Plus is also good, but I'd be surprised if people here didn't know about it.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Who Weekly is good.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
This is Hell

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

WEH posted:

Right, bullshit liberal propaganda
im gonna regret this but im pretty sure chapo isnt a ringing endorsement of neoliberalism .___.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Fallen Hamprince posted:

chapo trap house: 6 trust fund kids from brooklyn agitate for revolution through a 15 dollar usb mic with special guest appearances from a guy who wrote a jacobin article about how diets are bourgeois

pod save america: 3 extremely cool Dem bros interview the last good president & the future DNC chair Pete Buttigeg

loving :laffo: at calling Obama a "good" president.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Last Podcast on the Left serial killer eps

and

idk, those interviews Glenn THrush did during the primaries maybe?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

cargo cult posted:

im gonna regret this but im pretty sure chapo isnt a ringing endorsement of neoliberalism .___.

pod save the world is what I was referencing

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.
If we're talking true crime podcasts:

My Favorite Murder

True Crime Garage

Unsolved Mysteries

History Podcasts,

the aforementioned Revolutions & the History of Rome

Hardcore History

Sawbones (fun medical history podcast)

History Honeys

The Z List Dead List (comedians talk about obscure historical characters)

Kickass Oregon (listen to Tusko's Merry Christmas even if you don't subscribe)

You Must Remember This (Hollywood history)

Science podcasts

Origin Stories (human evolution)

Paleocast (paleontology, for paleontologists)

AstronomyCast

Other

Sunday School Dropouts, (an ex-Christian and a non-believing sorta Jew read the Bible for the first time)

Adjudicated Guess (a quiz show by the same folks as The F-Plus)

Extra Credit (the F-Plus fancast)

Myths and Legends

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
oh yeah In Our Time with melvyn bragg is worth a listen if you like the topic of a given ep

teacher_man
Feb 11, 2017

WEH posted:

pod save america is liberal bullshit listen to street fight and chapo

listen to all 3

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Everyone already took all the best ones (uyd 4 lyfe) so I'm gonna say listen to The Dollop and Hello From The Magic Tavern, those are good.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
The Axefiles.

Yes it is hosted by Axelrod. But the interviews are interesting, from all kinds of different political figures.
I really like the one with Van Jones.

Other than that, lol who listens to podcasts.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V
chapo trap house is the best podcast.

the last podcast on the left is pretty great except for ben kissel who is a fox news fascist who has never been right about anything ever and got his politics from south park.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

shiksa posted:

and the dollop

these are all pretty pro listens. i will never listen to all of the dollops though because dave anthony is only good in small doses.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Reveal is pretty good, it's from the Center for Investigative Journalism and there's never been a boring episode. Offshore was also enjoyable too; it's already wrapped up the first season.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The Adventure Zone is the best political podcast available.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

exmarx posted:

oh yeah In Our Time with melvyn bragg is worth a listen if you like the topic of a given ep

:agreed: Their most recent ep was on mathematics in the early Islamic world, a subject I've always wanted to know more about. Apparently "algorithm" comes from some guy's name, which is cool to me.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

C-Euro posted:

:agreed: Their most recent ep was on mathematics in the early Islamic world, a subject I've always wanted to know more about. Apparently "algorithm" comes from some guy's name, which is cool to me.

al gore?!?

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Same with algebra

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
True crime podcast: Sword and Scale

Do not consume in large doses.

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V
same with alucard

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

MizPiz posted:

I'm liking Intercepted so far, but I'm only on episode 2.

The F Plus is also good, but I'd be surprised if people here didn't know about it.

the last time I brought up The F-Plus in the Trump thread, people were pretty drunk and talking in earnest about watch loving

also I'm pretty biased because I'm a lifetime member, but Coast 2 Coast is always a drat good listen

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

1 chappo

2 the pointless podcast

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
We Hate Movies and Chapo are the two I listen to every week atm

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

shiksa posted:

and the dollop

seconded.

both of those are great.

wizard on a water slide posted:

We Hate Movies and Chapo are the two I listen to every week atm

these too.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Uhh yeah dude
Cum town

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Improvised Star Trek is exactly what it sounds like.

Not still going, and not by any reasonable stretch current events, but the Dead Authors episodes featuring Andy Daly as L. Ron Hubbard are eerily prescient of the Trump presidency.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

just find any podcast that validates all your opinions and doesnt challenge you in any way and you should be good

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Dicky B posted:

just find any podcast that validates all your opinions and doesnt challenge you in any way and you should be good

But everyone here already listens to trap house.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I don't really agree with them but war on the rocks is nice for keeping up with/understanding US intelligence poo poo

what a hell of a way to die owns and hopefully will turn lots of leftists into gunfuckers

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
The Weeds - Vox.com's policy podcast: Ezra Klein, Sarah Kliff, and Matthew Yglesias discuss current events and a selected white paper each episode. I like this one because they ask a lot of questions and bounce events off each other; it often seems to ask more questions than it answers but I enjoy the deconstruction of unfolding events.

We Hate Movies - Listen to four guys dismantle lovely (and sometimes good) movies. A good way to laugh and take your mind off the death throes of our nation. For example, Episode 259 covers Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, and at 26 minutes in they're going over the campfire scene and it shifts into a discussion of how Limp Bizkit would be classical music in Star Trek and how Spock finds Nu Metal illogical. Great stuff.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
:mason:HYPERNORMALIZATION SHOUT-OUT ON THIS WEEK'S UYD (Episode 563):mason:

It's during one of Seth's rants about scientology (starting at 45:21).

Seth uses the phrase "We've normalized everything" and Jah says "It's like whats-his-names doc, Hypernormalization" and Seth shouts "HYPERNORMALIZATION! Welcome to 2018!"

I know, I'm way too excited about that, but it was just really nice to see my two favorite things converge, especially since Jonathan usually doesn't cite 3 hr long politics docs.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Mo_Steel posted:

The Weeds - Vox.com's policy podcast: Ezra Klein, Sarah Kliff, and Matthew Yglesias discuss current events and a selected white paper each episode.

*screams for ten years straight*

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

R. Guyovich posted:

*screams for ten years straight*

when they trotskyist revolution happens this is what they'll torture u with in the gulag

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He merely liked Stalin.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Does anyone know any good foreign policy/natsec podcasts? Jihadology is good specifically for jihadists but I'm looking for broader stuff with either a nonpartisan or left bent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I legitimately can't imagine something more horrifying than a think tank policy analysis podcast lead by the Vox dipshits

Thug Lessons posted:

Does anyone know any good foreign policy/natsec podcasts? Jihadology is good specifically for jihadists but I'm looking for broader stuff with either a nonpartisan or left bent.

Radio War Nerd is pretty lefty in-depth analysis of modern and historical warfare and a lot of their stuff is really fascinating, they're very critical of US media and foreign policy especially but pretty much cover everything and everyone being terrible

• Locked thread