Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Arc Light posted:

On this magical occasion, a SOF team was using one to scope out the path ahead. They observed a couple of insurgents planting an IED in the road, but the dudes evidently heard the UAV's motor and got spooked. They hopped on a motorcycle and hauled off. The SOF guys decide to go for the kill.

Mind you, the Switchblade can fly from about 60 to 100 mph. Those insurgents were just delaying their fate. But they were treated to the pants-making GBS threads sight of a little remote controlled rocket chasing them down.

The last frame of the ISR feed, taken right before it exploded and printed out for all to see, was of the motorcycle's backseater looking over his shoulder in horror at the rapidly approaching drone.

On the one hand, as a taxpayer, I'm sure we spent more money than those dudes were worth to kill them. On the other hand, we all had a good laugh when the intel LT explained what we were looking at. Good times.

Truly, GiP has become our internet VFW.

Oh man, how soon can this be FOIA'd/leaked by some Snowden wannabe? There's gonna be so much good poo poo coming out in the next couple decades.

I still have video of some Afghan dudes trying to fast rope. You get one or two doing it correctly, then the rest sit on the ramp, try to pull the rope with their feet and chickenshit their way down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So many :smith: quotes from this page. Makes we wanna spray some of them on bus stations and take a b&w picture for some hipster cred.

I never had our own dudes die in my presence. Worst I saw(heard) was a dead girl's broken bone grind against itself. Worst sound I've ever heard. I hope my team saw gunner isn't hosed up from killing half a family playing hot potato with an ak.

• Locked thread