Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

In mid 2005 in Iraq my JSOTF was doing a lot of what we called VI's for Vehicle Interdiction. The missions ideally went Assault Force disables vehicle while still airborne, quickly land the helicopters to the front and rear of the disabled vehicle, capture or kill all the Military Aged Males, fly back to base.

My role was running the ISR that followed the vehicle and walking (talking) the Helo's onto target.

One day they interdicted a car full of armed assholes. Being the insane bad asses they were they put bullets in the head of every single MAM in the car. This left a young Iraqi boy in the middle of the backseat covered in brains blood and auto glass desperately clinging to his puppy he has in his arms.

So what do the guys do?

Steal the loving puppy.

Somewhere in Iraq is an extremely hosed up young man who can't get over what easily had to be the worst day of his life. When all his uncles and dad got brained and the Army men took his puppy.

He probably thinks we tortured the puppy but I happen to know it's living life fine in Fayetteville NC of all places and is loving life. I see him on my FB feed all the time.

We probably made the next Bin Laden that day.

Circle of life man.

Saving this post for the Congressional inquiry in 10 years when that same Iraqi kid flies a plane into the Freedom Tower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread