Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Watching a guy drink an Irish coffee while filling half of a warehouse with cratering charges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Getting in on drone chat it really is one of the most surreal things.

One day towards the middle of my deployment half of our team had left that morning aboard lord knows what aircraft to go to some bumfuck village on the border. Me and the other half are just sitting around with our thumbs up our asses when one of the special forces guys bursts into our tent yelling about how that town was under attack and how it was supposedly Boko Haram's first foray into our particular country.

We walk into the TOC and it's some straight out of the movies poo poo with guys on phones, radios, computers trying to coordinate this clusterfuck. The special forces medic walks in after us and asks what all the yelling and running around is about and one of the higher ranking guys starts going on about how it's this big battle that the good Africans aren't doing too hot in and trying to get an accountability and evac going for us and the Canadians. Medic just stands there and says "call me if one of our guys gets hit I'm going to take care of operation bronze warrior (sun bathing)".

They got drone over the city finally and it was nuts just watching this next level black on black violence loving buildings on fire, people just running around shooting at who knows what. They finally got a C-130 I think to land in some straight up patch of dessert to pick up all the white folks much to the chagrin of the Africans. The battle lasted for like three days or something since they could see/hear the jets coming from a mile away and would take cover.

Turned out the rest of my team was flying over the city while this was happening and just diverted to a French base.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Sitting here at this Cheesecake Factory on the rich side of town staring at the bottles of rum at the bar reminds me of the ~Central African nightclub~

I'm pretty sure it's where AIDS came from

So while you can't really poo poo on the French for their unbridled bloodlust when it comes to Francophone countries you quickly notice that most are burnt out alcoholics who would rather be doing blow in Paris than putting up tents and changing out wound dressings next door to a lake that has a loving hippopotamus living in it. So these mother fuckers regularly would go to this ghetto rear end nightclub in the middle of this poo poo gently caress capital city that has people riding horses down the main road and poo poo but we get table service since we are a group of white people but to be honest most of the patrons appear to be white/French anyway.

Really the club is probably nicer than some really bad ones in the U.S it has a pretty good light and sound system and while the drinks were a little pricy they prett much filled up a glass with liquor and then like a spritz of soda or whatever so you got your buzz on pretty quick. The first time we went we went as a whole mobile field surgical group and even our weird Mormon Dr danced and it was all good. The second time we went it was fuckig awful. So the Dr who already got an LOC for banging an enlisted in the middle of the Sahara (lol) wanted to go back to the club and I got voluntold to go along so she doesn't get gang raped or some poo poo so pretty much when we roll up and get our bottle I just start chugging out of it and holy poo poo does this African rum taste like literal butthole but I don't want to be there and it's helping me cope. Long story short I'm somehow still one of the most sober out of our small group of French and Americans so i have to corall our wasted white chick Dr's back into the car that is about to be driven by some drunk French surgeon and apparently at 2am all the disfigured beggars come out so now we got the African walking dead begging outside this car and I'm laughing my rear end off at this kid with one arm because like wtf.

Long story short we all slept in this coed tent with see through walls of the sun hit it just right or you didn't bother to zip your loving zipper up before taking your pants off and I aspirated a ton of that rum the next morning in that tent surrounded by Dr's but played it cool and didn't die or get in trouble.

Africa is cool they call you master like it's the 1800's lmao

http://i.imgur.com/cQZ911z.jpg

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011

Zeris posted:

coed tent, here

You could tell a big chunk of Africa was fairly virgin territory on account of how many coed facilities there were which implied that there hadn't been a ton of rapes and sex assaults yet which was a nice change of pace from my first deployment.

So coed tent #1 was an Alaska shelter that was to be split between 5 women and 3 men so the SeaBees put up a plywood wall on about the last rib so the women had most of the tent and the guys were crammed into the end. It was an interesting living situation since I actually deployed with my flight commander so I slept like 3 feet from him for 5 months. He was prior marine infantry and some of that definitely didn't wear off and he area around his bed was usually crazy filthy and would actually start to stretch into my area and even as far as our team lead's on the other side of the tent. Here is a picture of a bag of his piss like a foot and a half from my pillow http://i.imgur.com/zMXCsM7.jpg

Coed habitation #2 was when they real world thought a carbomb and a couple of trucks of dudes with attitudes were speeding towards us and since our tent was right next to the furthest wall they just put all of us in a big open transient room in the back of a hardened warehouse but that only lasted a night since it turned out they were going to a different base further away and the French flew a jet over and shot them with missles. One guy either crawled out or got blown out but the guys who helicoptered out there to check out the scene took some hella artsy pics of some rear end in a top hat Libyans corpse.

Coed tent #3 is where things get interesting since this was some French model tent in the transient section of their base. So the French tents have some obvious pros in that there are walls so it's essentially like 12ish small rooms and each room gets a little cubby shelf of the wall. It's kind of like a fabric B hut than an open bay American style tent. Con is that for some godforsaken reason the AC sleeve only goes down like half the tent so the rooms towards the front got hot as gently caress. So now the trick to this tent was in the morning the sun would rise and shine bright as hell through the front wall of the tent but probably wouldn't be enough to make it a couple rooms deep except the tent would usually not be zipped all the way so so through some strange rear end light angles and poo poo it made the wall between my and the chick in front of me mostly see through except she couldn't see me against the darkness of the back of the tent. I watched her give herself a mole check once. Also one time I was taking an afternoon nap since the French take like a two hour at least lunch and I was just laying in bed chilling with my room unzipped when the attractive chick on our team goes into her room and changes her underwear in the middle of the day without zipping her room shut. I don't think she ever even looked over at my side since I was just quietly laying there.

Coed showers on the French base were nice in that you had your own entire stall with a door and changing area.

Coed bathroom was hilarious since they had the urinals right next to the door so I'd be pissing and could say hi to any of women on our team who came in. I made one of them gag once when I blasted some super loose African dooks in the stall next to her.

Africa shower was a bunch of African construction workers who would get naked and hose each other off in the middle of base and none of the French found this noticeable at all but blew some American minds lol.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 11, 2017

• Locked thread