Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Not much of a story, but we got a kick out of the Ritz crackers in the desert having moonspeak on one side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Watching assholes get turned into flying pieces on the CAOC ops floor was always interesting.

The UAV section would put the feed up on one of the huge wall screens, and as people around the room started to notice, they'd stand up. You knew something was about to happen when the ops floor was "prairie dogging."

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I wish I remembered whose room this was. Someone on my crew...probably ASTs or techs.

Edit: Ok, here's some for real. I got a KC-10 ride in early 2008. It was a 9.x hr mission, which the crew was not happy about...if we flew a sortie that short, it's because we probably had an engine shut down.

Stupid Emirate island thing.

Mirage 2000.

Mirage F1. They pair the different types together because they have different sensors/weapons.

Dutch Viper.

Other Dutch Viper.

If I have to tell you, get hosed.

Slow motherfucking camera. :sigh:

This is the motherfucker who dropped flares while actually taking fuel. :stare:

Edit2: Sorted out which Mirage was which.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 20, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

gently caress, imagine asking someone where they got their sweet dogger from and hearing that

In the Carolinas? Dude's probably a hero for stealing that terrist's dog.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

As far as I'm aware, I've only known one guy who died on active duty, and that was a high school buddy in a Blackhawk crash with JTF-B. A lot of guys in my school enlisted after graduating and I didn't maintain contact, so there could be a whole bunch more. They most/all probably would've stayed in, since their 4 would've been up between 9/11 and 2003.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I didn't realize one of those guys was never found.

Or that the convoy commander's driver (after the commander was knocked out) led as much of the convoy as he could out of the ambush to a nearby tank company, then brought THEM back in to get survivors. Dude got a silver star.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Bergdahl. I was watching the JPRC chat for the first few days between flights. Pretty interesting stuff.

loving idiot.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

A Bad Poster posted:

He kept popping up on the monthly reports as needing to go to BLC and being red on medpros before they got him back. I got a chuckle whenever I saw that.

:lol:

I bet his email was just nothing but angry messages from SNCOs to come see them in his dress uniform about missed appointments and falling behind on annual training.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

the best random soldier care packaged i got was full of some american idol singers single cds lol, this is gonna date me but like 2005 and it was some dude with grey hair idk.

they all went in the burn pit and probably gave me cancer

We had a guy who had a bag of the cheapest Bic razors imaginable, and he'd use them faaaar too long. He wouldn't throw one out until his face looked like he was shaving with a handful of broken glass. We found a single pink Bic in a rando care package, and replaced his almost-full bag of razors with that one. He never said a word, and we actually forgot about it until a couple of weeks later when someone saw him using it and asked him why he was using a pink razor.

He cared a lot more when we replaced his last pair of PT shorts with a size S...he was wearing L and probably should've been wearing XXL (they ran small as poo poo, tbh). There was ranting, raving, and more cursing than I'd heard from him in the entire 3 years I'd known him up to that point. Nobody at that base had any integrity, apparently, and he was going to have to sit with his laundry from now on. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's because the DFAC at Dhafra was loving great, and the gym had on average 3 working pieces of equipment.

• Locked thread