Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
The PRT who lived on our base used to drive into the bazaar with their old uparmored HMMWVs because gently caress the national guard right, they were the last to get MRAPs. One day the crew of one truck came home with headaches from the suicide bomber who detonated himself next to their vehicle in the bazaar. All good, but the truck rolled in our gate covered in strips of Afghan manflesh. By month six we had well gone into crazyland. We tossed bits of flesh at each other from the truck. I found a shred of a nose, a vertical strip that included one nostril. I still have the multitool I used to pick it up and chase around my buddy with, like kids in a sprinkler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

ReebTop posted:

One suicide (Iorio), a dumb car accident here in the states (Page), three KIA. Two of them, Hrbek and Lindskog, got the Silver Star; Hall was the third, no idea what happened. Hrbek I think actually got two Silver Stars, saved a bunch of other jarheads a week before stepping on an IED in Afghanistan. Lindskog went out with a QRF to be an extra medic for TIC, ended up getting shot above his side plate. Directed treatment and medevac while laying there. Died in the bird, last one to get loaded, refused to be evac'd before any of the other wounded.

That kid was a weird little nerd in AIT and ended up being the most heroic loving person I've ever known, and that's with 11 years on an ambulance, 10 years in the fire department, and 9 years in the Army.

Iorio? Commo guy, E6 or so, with a New York accent?

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

You don't say

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

coed tent, here

• Locked thread