Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Most of my stories I have had idiot friends getting themselves or others hurt or killed.

One guy I went through MOS school with was police calling an area outside Tikrit to set up a FOB, E2 work. He found a cool little orb and stuck it in his cargo pocket. Later he picks up a bunch of pipes and starts to carry them away over his shoulder. One slips and falls straight down, hitting the unexploded cluster bomb in his cargo pocket. Now he's dead. He was showing it off to me earlier that day but I had no idea what the gently caress it was.

I had another friend killed while doing convoy security. He died in the turret of a HMMWV cause his driver say a backpack on the side of the road and said audibly "what's that". The captain said "pull us closer let's take a look". Of course it explodes, flips the HMMWV, kills my friend, and the captain gets a Bronze Star for dragging his stupid rear end out of the vehicle. No one else was seriously injured.

An idiot like 2 months into the Iraq Invasion kept falling asleep during convoy security missions. My sergeant was loving done with him. Everyone hated him. The sergeant threw the dude's rifle out of the window when he fell asleep. The kid had his three point sling on and somehow his A2 wound up in the vehicle's wheel well. Dislocated the gently caress out of his shoulder. We had to stop and he got a medivac and I never saw him again. He all lied for the sergeant and said the kid fell asleep with his rifle laying half out the window.

Some details are a little fuzzy cause the VA made me take mad drugs and now my loving memory is swiss cheese. Does anyone else have that? Like I can't even remember the last kids name. I do remember the sergeant, but gently caress man, I have some serious name forgetfulness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

was that at Danger?

Yup

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

new friend from school posted:

Do if you have trouble with faces too? If so, it could be prosopagnosia, which results from TBI.
Otherwise, it's relatively normal to struggle remembering names. Our brains aren't made to be effective at retaining "random" (non-normalized) information.
I'd say mention it to the VA, but it's probably no use. I'm certain I suffer from the former, and they just told me to try and remember people by features other than face. Like, wtf do you think I do?

Yea, faces are as blurry as nameplates. Well gently caress. Back to the VA!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

FLW is worse than Iraq. I lost a lot of friends to that strip club with the showers.

• Locked thread