Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
not my story but its probably the most marine corps story ever

a team leader on one of my platoon's vehicles came from active duty. his first deployment was to ramadi in 05 or 06 so poo poo was popping off in his area. some iraqi decided that he was going to suicide bomb himself in front of this patrol base that the team leader was at. no injuries, no damage but there were body parts everywhere. so...they made the boots go out there and police up the body parts. he's out there, full ppe, with a pushbroom sweeping up whats left of the martyr but not doing a good enough job for his team leader's liking. the team leader snatches the broom away, tells him hes too loving stupid to sweep correctly and gives him the most grisly hip pocket class on how to use a pushbroom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

once he told me the story, i made him tell all the other ncos because its loving surreal. the setting and the characters but the actual movements he did with the broom to show the proper method(short strokes in case you were wondering) really made the whole story.

vains
May 26, 2004

we got random care packages with bergdahl stickers. couldnt google him because we didnt have internet. the care pckages were lovely, full of pencils and hard candy. not dip and oui.

vains
May 26, 2004

well, to people that matter

• Locked thread