Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Yo 2011 marjeh bro, did you get to see that house we blew up? The patrol found wires and poo poo and disabled 2 IEDs just entering the compound so some dude was like " Yo nuke this thing, we'll make sure no one goes in or out. " we slammed 3 himars and 6 600pound GBUs into that fucker, was like god drat fourth of july. You could see the secondaries going off from the feed. only thing left standing was a side wall hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

Godholio posted:

Watching assholes get turned into flying pieces on the CAOC ops floor was always interesting.

The UAV section would put the feed up on one of the huge wall screens, and as people around the room started to notice, they'd stand up. You knew something was about to happen when the ops floor was "prairie dogging."

It was always great when the air officer in the FIST taps you on the shoulder, whispers, " dont overreact " and shows you a feed of a dude getting smoked by a hellfire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cuHxTlvsr4 was always my response.

I have a ton of 2011 afghanistan stories. They're all fob staring at computer screens and smoking dudes from an arm chair tho. Did get to get oustide the wire a few times with a Civil Affairs Group behind a 240. Got to point it at a bunch of kids, some buildings and bake in the sun while some fullbird makes a local sheik happy. Watching a lot of iraq sniper videos I had the mind set of keep my eyes open but most likely I wont feel anything when afghani joe decides he wants to be the next juba and pops me one in the face.

Watched as the local police force out the taliban, lots of gunfire and poo poo on fire. That was pretty cool.

Found out you dont get a CAR for smoking dudes with HIMARS. Only way I would have gotten one out of that deployment was if we were to take mortar fire and do the proper procedures of counter battery.

Got fastest call for fire to shot in operations of afghanistan. I heard it was broken when I was leaving buy a second or two but I held it for a while. I bet they found out my secret. :opsecwizzard:

HIMARS can physically make a person dissapear. 2spooky5 me.

Always make sure your blimp is tied down and in its upright position. :filez:

A 500pound GBU will OBLITERATE a vehicle. The bag full of parts to correctly ID dudes in said vehicle was kida cool to handle.

Watched a LT almost walk his plt into his own arty fire. That one made my butt hole pucker. Same with some lady walking 8 preschool kids near a dude we were about to smoke and the round was already away.

Good times. Great oldies. 97.3

• Locked thread