Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never played a GTA game beyond just doing murder sprees at a friends who had I think GTA III on PS2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

we must tkae our brother who is without State of Emergency, and Learn im in our ways, our Devout ways, of whatver

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

I've never played a GTA game beyond just doing murder sprees at a friends who had I think GTA III on PS2.

I like them but it is not the type of series for one of your patented game series playthroughs

Also I don't think there's a way you can do save states so you're screwed :troll:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

I like them but it is not the type of series for one of your patented game series playthroughs

Also I don't think there's a way you can do save states so you're screwed :troll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBCjF59RouY&t=18s

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

theyre supposed to be different "universes" but still gently caress rockstar for coming up with that lame rear end "universe" bullshit its basically because they're too lazy and bitchmade to bring back old characters, mainly because they got butt hurt because of the voice actors.

the guy who did nikos voice and ray liott who did tommy vercetti both kinda got screwed over pay wise (imo) and publically complained about it and because rockstar are a bunch of bitchmade pussy lames they got so asshurt about it they declared no more returning characters and wiped the slate clean with the "HD Universe of gta 4+5 which basically means no returning characters whos voice actors they would have to pay but will bring back other random characters and brands back whenever the gently caress they feel like it so ultimately its all bullshit anyways.

Rockstar post GTA4 are basically right below konami in shadiest game developers my eyes. I will NEVER forget what you did to Lezlie Benzies you greedy british bastards. And thats coming from a former Rockstar (now Bethesda) fanboy.

I predicted they were going to become greedy anti-consumer pieces of poo poo too, jjust peep some of my probations frim the GTA thread a few years ago.

they brought back johnny from gta4 just to kill him off. i never played the lost and the damned, but i thought that was a waste of a cameo.

and gently caress that different universe excuse, they knew exactly what they were implying when the recreated grove street and populated it with purple colored gangsters.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

the guy who did nikos voice and ray liott who did tommy vercetti both kinda got screwed over pay wise (imo) and publically complained about it and because rockstar are a bunch of bitchmade pussy lames they got so asshurt about it they declared no more returning characters and wiped the slate clean with the "HD Universe of gta 4+5 which basically means no returning characters whos voice actors they would have to pay but will bring back other random characters and brands back whenever the gently caress they feel like it so ultimately its all bullshit anyways.

they got around this in gtav by hiring character actors and paying scale

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
didn't cj/cj's family run off to hang out with madd dogg and be millionares

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Doctor Goat posted:

didn't cj/cj's family run off to hang out with madd dogg and be millionares

After they took over gang territories.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
did the Zero missions a couple nights ago, and yeah the rc plane one is some bullshit. it wouldn't be nearly as bad if they didn't require you to fly back to HQ after you take out the targets.

but the one after that with the mini battlefield thing is pretty fun, so ..................

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

*said aloud, while nodding* that's Grove Street.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

i am buy

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

what are his and her names?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The memories of maxing out strength, shaving my head, and cruising around Grove Street on a bicycle with red flannel and jeans on beating up pedestrians. Thank you GTA for making my dreams of Debo a reality

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MeatwadIsGod posted:

The memories of maxing out strength, shaving my head, and cruising around Grove Street on a bicycle with red flannel and jeans on beating up pedestrians. Thank you GTA for making my dreams of Debo a reality

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Max strength and Max fat ftw.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also how the combat lines changed if you had more expensive clothes on. San Andreas is god tier.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Garry Parrish posted:

Also how the combat lines changed if you had more expensive clothes on. San Andreas is god tier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuhYVpW7pj0

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Garry Parrish posted:

Such a good game! Pity Rockstar doesn't appear to be capable of making games of San Andreas' caliber, anymore.

Also, am I the only one who liked doing the triathlon in SA? I always found the long distance ones to be quite good; mostly the bike stage though.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i had no loving idea there were unique lines based on your build, oh my god

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

:aaa: Holy poo poo, I never got to the point where he's 'fat CJ', so this is all news to me!
Some of those quotes though, hahah drat! :D

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

san andreas really was incredible

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

extremebuff posted:

san andreas really was incredible

This post is the very embodiment of all most the absolute, pure truth in the world

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Aye, San Andreas was a masterpeace. And every game that Rockstar made after it.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Table tennis owned, yeah.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

why is it grove street and not grove court

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Budget Dracula posted:

grove court families?

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Budget Dracula posted:

stats goons?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

execute order number nine large

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Lmao

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

LMFAO

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

LMAO

Also, I wanted to be reminded of the full order Smoke made, and stumbled upon this...I have a feeling this guy MAY have spent far too long on his analysis of the Cluckin' Bell order

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

LMAO

Also, I wanted to be reminded of the full order Smoke made, and stumbled upon this...I have a feeling this guy MAY have spent far too long on his analysis of the Cluckin' Bell order

yeah ive seen that and really at the end of the day its a lesson on why immersion matters, as well as attention to detail RE: Cluckin' Bell inconsistencies. Rockstar has always been notoriously sloppy with that kind of thing. After playing a MGS3 or something with such a large amount of attention to detail it makes Rockstar games look really lazy..

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014