Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Badchay

What do I need?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber

Another day in paradise.

Manifisto

death sext

socks and underpants

alnilam

probably a plane or a boat, unless you're coming from the northeast or Norway

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
Sweden has extremely strict drug laws, so remember to pack all the ones you may need.

HotSoapyBeard

I'm a really cool nice dad
HAIKOOLIGAN
Make sure you have your answer lined up for when customs ask you what your favourite death metal band is.

Senior Management

Always travel in layers to save on baggage fees. I think you can get at least 15 pairs of underpants on at once.

:jerry:

Senior Management

Be sure to ask the customs people if you are in Helsinki yet and what a shame it would be if you landed in Sweden instead.

Manifisto

an understanding of diacritical marks

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
A ticket to Norway.

<3 <3 Vanisher

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

moosehat

Senior Management

Uxzuigal posted:

A ticket to Norway.

Word on the street is that Norway is cool and good but does not let you have dual citizenship but I don't know if that changed yet.

alnilam

Softly off topic but I'm going to Chile in a week, what do I need?

Sorry to derail ur thread op but i didn't think this topic deserved its own offshoot thread

Senior Management

alnilam posted:

Sorry to derail ur thread op but i didn't think this topic deserved its own offshoot thread

I hear milk helps deal with the spicy stuff while water does not really provide relief from the heat.

vanisher

alnilam posted:

If it's Chile bring a coat

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

MrWillsauce

vanisher posted:

Badchay

Thanks for the tips guys, Godspeed!!

already found the best thing sweden has to offer:

MrWillsauce

vanisher posted:

Beachcomber

Another day in paradise.

Uxzuigal posted:

A ticket to Norway.

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

Sweden has extremely strict drug laws, so remember to pack all the ones you may need.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

vanisher posted:

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

Vynar posted:

Word on the street is that Norway is cool and good but does not let you have dual citizenship but I don't know if that changed yet.

Generaly no. Only if the country you move from doesn't allow resigning your previous citizenship. (Rare).

<3 <3 Vanisher

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

make sure you keep all the pieces in case you assemble your plane wrong and don't forget to get the meatballs.

literally all i know about sweden is from ikea

Farecoal

There he go
most people don't know this but sweden is actually a giant ikea store. don't pack light

Catberry

♫ Most certainly ♫
Mastercard/Visa
Passport
Long johns
Mittens
Winter hat
Umbrella

Manifisto

giant bucketloads of cash in case you want to, say, order a meal at a restaurant or a drink at a bar

Senior Management

I hear IKEA is owned by the Dutch now

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Badchay posted:

Thanks for the tips guys, Godspeed!!

already found the best thing sweden has to offer:

now I'm as addicted to nicotine as the next guy, but is that really the best thing sweden has to offer?

JuulPodSaveAmerica

alnilam posted:

Several pairs of socks. Take some utility socks (you know the ones), formal socks (self-explanatory), the OTHER pair of utility socks (yeah, I'm talking about THAT pair), some thigh highs (cold knows no gender, and it gets chile if you catch my drift...) and also more socks. If you pack enough socks you don't need underwear because people'll just see all the socks and go "Wow, that one's got balls!". Don't even take a suitcase... Just pack all of your things in systems of overlapping socks!

Change your socks, change your attitude.

----------------
i honestly believe you are tripping right now.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
remember that any store bought beer is like 2.7% alcohol, tops

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Manifisto

Blanketspace posted:

Several pairs of socks. Take some utility socks (you know the ones), formal socks (self-explanatory), the OTHER pair of utility socks (yeah, I'm talking about THAT pair), some thigh highs (cold knows no gender, and it gets chile if you catch my drift...) and also more socks. If you pack enough socks you don't need underwear because people'll just see all the socks and go "Wow, that one's got balls!". Don't even take a suitcase... Just pack all of your things in systems of overlapping socks!

Change your socks, change your attitude.

realtalk I agree that socks are important, and for travel it's hard to beat a collection of good wool socks, smartwool or the like. a variety for different situations is good, lighter ones in dark colors are great for semiformal or at least less casual situations, various degrees of padding are awesome for various intensities of walking/hiking. wool is warm in winter and (surprisingly) cool in warmer weather, stinks a lot less than cotton/poly, can be handwashed in sinks with the woolite in foil packets you should be carrying with you. don't machine wash them if you want them to last.

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

realtalk I agree that socks are important, and for travel it's hard to beat a collection of good wool socks, smartwool or the like. a variety for different situations is good, lighter ones in dark colors are great for semiformal or at least less casual situations, various degrees of padding are awesome for various intensities of walking/hiking. wool is warm in winter and (surprisingly) cool in warmer weather, stinks a lot less than cotton/poly, can be handwashed in sinks with the woolite in foil packets you should be carrying with you. don't machine wash them if you want them to last.

i am packing everything for my trip icluding myself in a recursive system of increasingly large Darn Tough (TM) socks

ty manifisto

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Allen keys.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Nosfereefer

Nosfereefer

Mariana Horchata

sounds p swede to me - have fun!

dont pack too much so u can bring lots of swedish clothes back w/ u

Nosfereefer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catberry

♫ Most certainly ♫
I heard in a press conference that OP has arrived in Sweden.

• Locked thread