Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The nice thing about your team being bad is it's hard to develop dislike of very many of the good players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

haha are you the yin to my yang????

It's possible.

exempt posted:

These commercials are great.

Jack Links was really cool.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
The NBA, it rules.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Imagine being some guy "gosh this hockey . . . it's good I guess . . . NBA sucks though" and how sad and literally and metaphorically cold their life is.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

R.D. Mangles posted:

i can't decide whether durant is this completely devoid of personality or a genius at suppressing literally anything interesting a human being, especially one in a feud with the most interesting dude in the NBA, could do or say

Durant has personality, I just don't think he can really win no matter what he says so he's going down the "say whatever Nike wrote for me" road.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I am completely neutral on John Legend.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Lmao Steve.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When the Lakers had four all-stars the coach didn't play them. :(

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

DMC has played like 2 minutes this game. Kerr was obviously asked to hold him out to keep him from getting hurt....

It's definitely not a good sign…

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

hey remmeber that time dwyane wade broke kobe's nose in the all star game

If they would have taken my idea of Kobe-With-His-Own-Ball vs East vs West this would be a competitive game.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

I am struggling to remember which Sports Illustrated guy said it but he swears that there was an agreed-upon deal between the teams as of August that someone on the Kings ownership group made them back out of.

What will I look stupider walking back from, Cousins comments or Chris Paul comments (thank you David Stern)?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Brolander posted:

im back from sinbad whatd i miss

Durant Passed to Wstbrook; dunks.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
My love of basketball always makes me forget how boring the all-star games kind of are.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Davis is cool, good for him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

WhyteRyce posted:

There is that 4-5 minute stretch in the first quarter where all the starters go back and forth with sweet dunks. Then Kyle Lowry or LaMarcus Aldridge or some lame rear end like that gets subbed in and it turns into a sloppy pick-up game

Yeah this is pretty much it. Sometimes there is awesome play the last six minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

chunkles posted:

A lot of the players are vampires too. The vampire-players union wants to do away with the early Sunday games entirely but the vampire-owners value money over vampire player health. It's pretty hosed up.

• Locked thread