Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dead Snoopy posted:

See...I didn't take the joke that way at all but I still laughed. The way I interpreted the joke initially was, John Wick has never been here and who the gently caress could possibly be a bigger target for the legendary John Wick himself to come to town to kill? The fact that he doesn't even conceive it could possibly be Gianna shows how crazy an idea it is for anyone to even attempt to take her out that the biggest target he can come up with is The Pope in the #2 spot.

He'd clearly spent a fair amount of time in Rome, the Sommelier and everyone else recognised him and already had a good handle on his preferences. But that was a good reading anyway, everyone knew that Wick had retired so it was a safe bet that if he'd been forced out of retirement then his target was going to be someone that no other assassin could conceivably get to and there's only a few people in Rome who fall into that category, with the Pope at the top of the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I have a feeling that those who work in such customized and exotic professions follow and are very aware of someone of Wick's status and they've probably worked internationally their entire careers. I'm sure there is a Continental in Japan for example and the Sommelier spent time there or trained there. There are certain figures in one's professional field who are always on your radar of interest and conversation even if your chances of interaction with them are exclusive, limited & minimal or non-existent. If Bill Gates walked into a tech company, somebody would know Gates on sight and be able to process and digest the significance of his appearance on site while managing to be a professional. Same goes in this world.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
My knowledge of sign language is all but non existent, but I figured Ruby Rose's janky sign language was an intentional thing. An ASL variant due to Illuminati Assassin cultural drift from the rest of the world.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

NmareBfly posted:

Main objection: The price on his contract. Not necessarily that 7 mil sounds low (it does) but also why the gently caress is it in USD? If it was 7 million doubloons that'd be a different story. Is it because they just didn't want to put a name to their currency?

It's in USD because the contract is limited to NYC at that point. 7 million is plenty of motivation for any assassin to risk it all and try to take out The Wick, it's a "death or glories" scenario. By the weird gold specie system of their universe, Wick's death would probably be worth 1 skull kruggerrand, because those things are more symbolic than anything else: a doubloon equals 1 paid assassination, 1 body disposal, 1 night at the Continental, 1 round of drinks at the Continental, etc. Think of it this way: an assassin would get 7 million dollars, 1 gold coin and +1000 reputation for fulfilling the contract on John Wick.

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

Yeah, the other thing with all the shithead jobbers going after him is that they're clearly shithead jobbers for a reason; these movies are so good in part because they are so light on exposition, and overexplaining or justifying anything would go against their feel. We don't see all the insanely wealthy skilled assassins who are smart enough to look at their phone and say "hell no," and we don't really need that; we see the people lowest on the foodchain who are aren't skilled or well-known enough for real work looking for a way in to the big leagues. $7 million is enough to get quantity over quality, which is the benefit of an open contract; the downside is the person you are trying to kill knows exactly who is trying to kill them, assuming they're plugged in to the assassin underground (not that it makes much difference in this particular instance).

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
That's my favorite little bit of lore, it appears that everything in the world of The Continental costs one coin, no more, no less. I love the idea that a round of drinks is worth the same amount as a luxurious hotel room. After all, its not the specific thing that you're paying for, its the access and the discretion..

Edit: Also, goddamn Keanu looked like a legit Grim Reaper/Angel of Death when he was skulking around the catacombs in that suit at night..

Basebf555 fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Feb 20, 2017

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Vermain posted:

That depends on how much they're willing to invest in their actors becoming competent enough at martial arts/gun handling. Bad action scene cinematography is almost always a dead giveaway of an ill-prepared actor. By comparison, there's plenty of footage available on the internet of Keanu at the gun range getting his muscle memory down to the point where he really can pull out a gun and plug three people in two seconds.

Yeah I think what elevates John Wick above other action movies is that most of the principles, from the director to the producer to the star, are people who've spent a significant portion of their careers in the nitty gritty of action movies. Hell, half the bit players in the first movie are stuntmen from the Matrix films. Keanu Reeves seems to enjoy training with weaponry and martial arts to the point that the guy is probably fairly capable of throwing down and doing some damage IRL (despite being 50+).You can also see this in the Raid films, where the entire cast is dudes who have spent their lives training and fighting together, elevating the films despite their pretty middling plots (the impending US remakes are going to look horrible by comparison, no matter who they cast). Compare this to say, Taken 3, where you have a 14 camera cut sequence of the hero jumping a fence.

Dedication to the craft shows and it pays off when all the pieces come together like this. As long as they can avoid running the tropes into the ground or bloviating the mythology I'd happily shill out to see another three John Wick films in the theater.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Time to get learnt on some art history, motherfuckers!

Classic art and mythology features very heavily in John Wick 2 with characters named after mythical character (like Charon and Ares) and a whole bunch of classical art featured heavily in certain scenes. Many of the scenes are set in an unnamed NYC museum but were actually shot in the Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna (National Gallery of Modern Art) in Rome. This room in particular sees a lot of action:

That gigantic central statue is Ercole e Lica (Hercules and Lichas) by Antonio Canova, sculpted between 1795 to 1815 and depicting a moment in the somewhat complicated story of Hercules' death. The themes presented here are betrayal (and betrayal upon betrayal upon betrayal), revenge played out via murderous rage and hasty agreements made with the wrong people which eventually come back to completely gently caress you over.
Note also the other statues assembled around Hercules: a pantheon of twelve gods who are looking on as the guy who is famous for completing impossible tasks goes bugfuck crazy and murders everyone within arms reach.

This next painting is also rather symbolically crucial to the movie:

It's La battaglia di Custoza (The Battle of Custoza) by Giovanni Fattori, painted in 1880 and also part of the Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna's collection. It depicts the first battle of the Third Italian War of Independence where the Kingdom of Italy realised that the Austro-Prussian War gave them a great opportunity to seize back control of Venetia from the Austrians and reunite the Italian peninsula. Custoza was the Italian's first big push in the war but even though their army was almost double the size of the embedded Austrian forces in Venetia they got their asses kicked, being forced to retreat back across the Mincio river suffering heavy losses and leaving behind over 4,000 prisoners. The Italians never really recovered from the loss and were pretty much ineffective during the rest of the war and in the end they only regained Venetia after it was awarded to France in the peace talks (which they weren't even invited to) and the French gave it back to them as a gift. Austria refused to hand it directly to Italy on account of them fighting so poorly in the war.
The themes presented here are: don't assume you're going to win just because you've got the superior forces, sometimes taking advantage of a situation and making a sneak attack can get your rear end kicked, reunification and taking what's rightfully yours may be a noble cause but it's no guarantee of victory and you run the risk of embarrassing yourself if you don't know what you're doing.

Certain other classical artworks also feature fairly prominently in other scenes. There's a whole lot of fighting around this statue:

That's Gaetano Cellini's L’umanità contro il male 1908 (Humanity Against Evil) which bears the inscription "Thus I’ll extirpate using my teeth and nails / the eternal pain that stings my heart". It depicts a man struggling against all the rage and anger and evil inside himself.

And there's a certain scene where this statue looms over everything:

That's the Angel of the Waters in Bethesda Terrace in Central Park NYC which refers to a scene in the Gospel of John, Chapter 5 where an angel blesses the Pool of Bethesda, giving it healing powers. That chapter also has a story about a man who is finally healed of an affliction which had crippled him for 38 years but that leads directly to the Jewish leaders condemning Jesus for working on the Sabbath (breaking the one rule which must not be broken) and condemning him to death.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowman_McK posted:

I'm really, really annoyed how late we're getting this in Australia. One source says late April, the other mid-May.

Queensland gets it April 20 but the rest of Australia will apparently have to wait until May 11 according to Event Cinema's official site.

Three months after the rest of the world woooowwwwwwwwwww thanksssssssssss distributors! (That may change because the distributors are getting absolutely reamed by fans on all their social media platforms.)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Keanu Reeves seems to enjoy training with weaponry and martial arts to the point that the guy is probably fairly capable of throwing down and doing some damage IRL (despite being 50+).

There's youtubes of him doing shooting drills, and he's almost as good as his instructor at them. That story about burglars breaking into Dolph Lundgren's house and then returning all the stuff when they realized it was Dolph? If I broke into Keanu's house without realizing, I'd just drop everything and run like gently caress.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Classic art and mythology features very heavily in John Wick 2 with characters named after mythical character (like Charon and Ares) and a whole bunch of classical art featured heavily in certain scenes. Many of the scenes are set in an unnamed NYC museum but were actually shot in the Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna (National Gallery of Modern Art) in Rome. This room in particular sees a lot of action:

That gigantic central statue is Ercole e Lica (Hercules and Lichas) by Antonio Canova, sculpted between 1795 to 1815 and depicting a moment in the somewhat complicated story of Hercules' death. The themes presented here are betrayal (and betrayal upon betrayal upon betrayal), revenge played out via murderous rage and hasty agreements made with the wrong people which eventually come back to completely gently caress you over.
Note also the other statues assembled around Hercules: a pantheon of twelve gods who are looking on as the guy who is famous for completing impossible tasks goes bugfuck crazy and murders everyone within arms reach.

This next painting is also rather symbolically crucial to the movie:

It's La battaglia di Custoza (The Battle of Custoza) by Giovanni Fattori, painted in 1880 and also part of the Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Moderna's collection. It depicts the first battle of the Third Italian War of Independence where the Kingdom of Italy realised that the Austro-Prussian War gave them a great opportunity to seize back control of Venetia from the Austrians and reunite the Italian peninsula. Custoza was the Italian's first big push in the war but even though their army was almost double the size of the embedded Austrian forces in Venetia they got their asses kicked, being forced to retreat back across the Mincio river suffering heavy losses and leaving behind over 4,000 prisoners. The Italians never really recovered from the loss and were pretty much ineffective during the rest of the war and in the end they only regained Venetia after it was awarded to France in the peace talks (which they weren't even invited to) and the French gave it back to them as a gift. Austria refused to hand it directly to Italy on account of them fighting so poorly in the war.
The themes presented here are: don't assume you're going to win just because you've got the superior forces, sometimes taking advantage of a situation and making a sneak attack can get your rear end kicked, reunification and taking what's rightfully yours may be a noble cause but it's no guarantee of victory and you run the risk of embarrassing yourself if you don't know what you're doing.

Certain other classical artworks also feature fairly prominently in other scenes. There's a whole lot of fighting around this statue:

That's Gaetano Cellini's L’umanità contro il male 1908 (Humanity Against Evil) which bears the inscription "Thus I’ll extirpate using my teeth and nails / the eternal pain that stings my heart". It depicts a man struggling against all the rage and anger and evil inside himself.

And there's a certain scene where this statue looms over everything:

That's the Angel of the Waters in Bethesda Terrace in Central Park NYC which refers to a scene in the Gospel of John, Chapter 5 where an angel blesses the Pool of Bethesda, giving it healing powers. That chapter also has a story about a man who is finally healed of an affliction which had crippled him for 38 years but that leads directly to the Jewish leaders condemning Jesus for working on the Sabbath (breaking the one rule which must not be broken) and condemning him to death.

Thank you for this, I was planning on doing the research about this myself eventually. Love stuff like this, especially when they're featured so prominently and in some amazing shots.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I hope we get a John, Chapter 5.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The other big painting behind John Wick when he's talking to Santino in the museum turns out to be Bersaglieri a Dogali (Battle at Dogali) by Michele Cammarano which depicts another crushing Italian military defeat which in turn lead to two Italo-Ethiopian Wars. It turns out that trying to establish a colony in Ethiopia via military force wasn't all that clever.

They're surrounded by gigantic billboard-sized reminders that attempting to reunify or expand Italian territory by force of arms is a baaaad idea. :v:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

You deserve a coin for these posts. :wickcoin: ?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

You should turn this into a general Internet post of some kind so non-Goons can enjoy it (unless you already did, I dunno). I copied it all into a Word file I'm going to send to a couple of buddies I saw the movie with.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I was looking up movie trivia on the first John Wick movie and according to the directors' commentary they got a note from the studio asking if it was really necessary to kill the dog.

:psyboom:

Lobok posted:

You should turn this into a general Internet post of some kind so non-Goons can enjoy it (unless you already did, I dunno).

I don't go on the rest of the internet.

I RETIRED.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

There's youtubes of him doing shooting drills, and he's almost as good as his instructor at them. That story about burglars breaking into Dolph Lundgren's house and then returning all the stuff when they realized it was Dolph? If I broke into Keanu's house without realizing, I'd just drop everything and run like gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnB07wnDJL8 Just in case anyone hasn't seen it.

I also feel that Keanu is so chill that anyone who broke into his house would get a calm admonishment, then give up their life of crime and take a job working in a soup kitchen.

Queensland gets it April 20 but the rest of Australia will apparently have to wait until May 11 according to Event Cinema's official site.

Three months after the rest of the world woooowwwwwwwwwww thanksssssssssss distributors! (That may change because the distributors are getting absolutely reamed by fans on all their social media platforms.)

How does it get that delayed? I can't imagine it takes that long to just physically get all the copies to the cinemas or whatever. I understand a week, but how does distribution take that long?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

They spent so much time reshowing the bad guy infront of daddies art collection, I was expecting John Wick to blow it up.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Tenzarin posted:

They spent so much time reshowing the bad guy infront of daddies art collection, I was expecting John Wick to blow it up.

I half-expected (wished) a part where he shot a bunch of guys whose heads were lined up in a row and carefully avoided shooting the statue heads in between.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowman_McK posted:

How does it get that delayed? I can't imagine it takes that long to just physically get all the copies to the cinemas or whatever. I understand a week, but how does distribution take that long?

The distributors sat on it, apparently they were going to wait and see how it did in other markets before they decided what to do with it. They hadn't even submitted it for classification when it opened in the US. Word is that they were thinking about waiting to publish it direct-to-DVD until the fans flooded their social media.

Tenzarin posted:

I'm a little surprised that they were allowed to film their crazy action sequences in an actual museum up close to actual historically significant art pieces.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

The distributors sat on it, apparently they were going to wait and see how it did in other markets before they decided what to do with it. They hadn't even submitted it for classification when it opened in the US. Word is that they were thinking about waiting to publish it direct-to-DVD until the fans flooded their social media.

I'm a little surprised that they were allowed to film their crazy action sequences in an actual museum up close to actual historically significant art pieces.

For gently caress's sake, this isn't Sabotage or Blackhat. This was an anticipated sequel to something that had done well initially then garnered a cult following.

For my part, I didn't see the first one in cinemas, because, at the time, the marketing did little to differentiate it from a fair few other 'older 90s actor doing an action movie' films from around the same time, but gently caress it really is a leap ahead.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Did they win the distribution rights in a poker game and not have any idea what John Wick was because all their other distribution rights are for Korean Arthouse movies filmed in Spanish?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowman_McK posted:

For gently caress's sake, this isn't Sabotage or Blackhat. This was an anticipated sequel to something that had done well initially then garnered a cult following.

... and then went on to make more money (domestically) than the original in just 8 days, and more money worldwide in 11 days than the original did in its entire run.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

This movie is so loving cool. It felt to me like the American response to the Daniel Craig-James Bond movies, but better than any one of those movies was. It had globe hopping, incredible action choreography (that final action sequence reminded me of the final hunt in The Guest, where it's such a perfect location for a movie sequence that every little bit of work to place everyone there was worth it), a polymath human weapon with a dramatic history, and a better Q sequence than we've seen in years from the Bond films. I hope that Keanu continues to make these films until he can't or won't any more. This is what he was meant to do.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

DC Murderverse posted:

I hope that Keanu continues to make these films until he can't or won't any more. This is what he was meant to do.

Up until late last year director Chad Stahelski had been saying that the John Wick story was going to be a trilogy but when he was asked a few weeks ago whether they would consider making more than 3 JW movies he said "I leave that to the audience. It’s really up to their palette and appetite for John Wick."
http://lrmonline.com/news/exclusive-lrm-interview-director-chad-stahelski-for-john-wick-2

My hope is that if they can't think of any more good reasons for dragging him out of retirement then they don't try and force it.

1stGear posted:

EDIT: Oh, and I realize that Keanu Reeves isn't the Greatest Actor Unto Life or anything but could you seriously not get a better take for his final line?

John Wick is no James Bond. Point him towards some guys that need to be killed and he'll move through the room like the slickest mother fucker who ever walked but put him in a social situation where he has to interact with people and he's one awkward mother fucker. He's an assassin, not a debonair spy. There's a reason he doesn't talk much. :v:

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
part of me feels like if Cannon films still made movies today, were on their A-game, and catered them to a 2017 era audience they'd be alot like the john wick movies. Bless this series.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

polish sausage posted:

part of me feels like if Cannon films still made movies today, were on their A-game, and catered them to a 2017 era audience they'd be alot like the john wick movies. Bless this series.

They're more like what would happen if Johnnie To, Michael Mann (80s Mann) and peak (1992) John Woo all ran at each other really hard while Jean Pierre Melville watched.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Snowman_McK posted:

They're more like what would happen if Johnnie To, Michael Mann (80s Mann) and peak (1992) John Woo all ran at each other really hard while Jean Pierre Melville watched.

It's funny you mention Melville, I saw Le Samourai for the first time recently, and although it's a great movie I couldn't help but think how awesome it would have been to see at least one scene where Delon gets to go John Wick on a few guys.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Snowman_McK posted:

Yeah you know what? I was just going by body count and I'll conede. That's defintiely more apt.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I was thinking of the whole Greek Mythology analogies in this movie and I think Winston is really a dead ringer for Hades, lord of the underworld, controls the main wealth and currency of said underworld, fair ruler who is a stickler for the law, and has a guy in his employ named Charon.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

achillesforever6 posted:

I was thinking of the whole Greek Mythology analogies in this movie and I think Winston is really a dead ringer for Hades, lord of the underworld, controls the main wealth and currency of said underworld, fair ruler who is a stickler for the law, and has a guy in his employ named Charon.

Also, Ian McShane in general comes off as a god or king in most things. Casting him as Odin in American Gods makes 1000% sense. He's superhumanly imposing.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

well why not posted:

Larry Fishburne has had a career most people can only dream of. Apocalypse Now, Boyz N Tha Hood, Othello, The Matrix, Hannibal. He's never really stopped having great roles. I think you're probably talking about Keanu, but Fishburne rules too.

And let's not forget...

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Up until late last year director Chad Stahelski had been saying that the John Wick story was going to be a trilogy but when he was asked a few weeks ago whether they would consider making more than 3 JW movies he said "I leave that to the audience. It’s really up to their palette and appetite for John Wick."
http://lrmonline.com/news/exclusive-lrm-interview-director-chad-stahelski-for-john-wick-2

My hope is that if they can't think of any more good reasons for dragging him out of retirement then they don't try and force it.

Given the mythological theme, it feels more likely that by the end of the 3rd movie John Wick is back in a much changed game, having accepted hi fate. I mean, the happiest ending to Greek Myth that I can remember is Odysseus returning home an old man after 10 years of hell and then having his dog die as soon as it saw him. But hey, get got to be king for a couple of years after that!

I just hope this doesn't turn into Sisyphus and John Wick's bolder is his impending retirement.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Im just hoping that the international flavor of john wick chapter 3 means we get the raid crew vs wick. Would love to see: raid crew, donnie yen, and beat takeshi in that poo poo.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I hope in the next movie, Wick's out in the woods somewhere like Maine and we see him gently caress up a bunch of mooks guerilla-style with just an old hunting shotgun, some basic handguns, and a bunch of nasty improvised stuff like mines made from black powder and rusty nails and stuff. It'd be a fun change of pace from high-brow city fights.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

Gyges posted:

Given the mythological theme, it feels more likely that by the end of the 3rd movie John Wick is back in a much changed game, having accepted hi fate. I mean, the happiest ending to Greek Myth that I can remember is Odysseus returning home an old man after 10 years of hell and then having his dog die as soon as it saw him. But hey, get got to be king for a couple of years after that!

I just hope this doesn't turn into Sisyphus and John Wick's bolder is his impending retirement.

Pretty sure the series will end with Wick in a Winston-type role where he has an immeasurable amount of power in the assassin world and is nigh-untouchable, but is stuck running some sort of functionary empire of necessary services that allow the hired guns to do their thing and therefore he can never truly "retire" or separate himself from that world. This of course after McShane sacrifices himself to secure Wick's position, adding a bit more emotional weight to the burden.

Either that or he murders literally anyone who might have a reason to come after him and then retires to some remote cabin somewhere. I really do hope they tie it up one more movie and then let it be, I don't know if there's enough "retirement, betrayal, vengeance" stuff here to sustain another 3 movies.

Tumble posted:

I hope in the next movie, Wick's out in the woods somewhere like Maine and we see him gently caress up a bunch of mooks guerilla-style with just an old hunting shotgun, some basic handguns, and a bunch of nasty improvised stuff like mines made from black powder and rusty nails and stuff. It'd be a fun change of pace from high-brow city fights.

Seconding this. Maybe not for the entire movie, but a segment or two of some mooks thinking they have Wick cornered out of his element and then he goes full Rambo on them would be pretty fun.

Jerkface posted:

Im just hoping that the international flavor of john wick chapter 3 means we get the raid crew vs wick. Would love to see: raid crew, donnie yen, and beat takeshi in that poo poo.

Also this. One of the things about Chapter 2 that stood out for me was how workmanship-like all the fight choreography was for Common and Ruby Rose. They did well and held their own (Ruby Rose's fight was kind of a damp squid in comparison to the Cassian/Wick throwdown, but whatever), and I even think Common's one-note schtick of quiet brooding worked for the role of Cassian. But up against Keanu it was really distinct that he was concentrating on hitting his marks, which made his moves look a bit stilted, while Keanu was much more fluid and natural looking. Not a surprise, but I would love to see Keanu go up against someone like Donnie Yen in the Chapter 3.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This movie had some amazing action but out of all the loving great things in this movie, the scene I'll probably think of anytime anyone mentions this movie is the silencer fight with hundred of people around because it's the most loving ridiculous thing I've seen. Common and Keanu with these stone cold killer faces trying to kill each other while also camly walking down the train station. It was loving perfect

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Pretty sure the series will end with Wick in a Winston-type role where he has an immeasurable amount of power in the assassin world and is nigh-untouchable, but is stuck running some sort of functionary empire of necessary services that allow the hired guns to do their thing and therefore he can never truly "retire" or separate himself from that world. This of course after McShane sacrifices himself to secure Wick's position, adding a bit more emotional weight to the burden.

I'd like to see him being given a Continental. He'll be safe but he'll never be able to leave. Maybe he can make it dog friendly :3:

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 21, 2017

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
So Common is totally going to be in the sequel, right?

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 21, 2017

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This movie had some amazing action but out of all the loving great things in this movie, the movie I'll probably think of anything anyone mentions this movie is the silencer fight with hundred of people around because it's the most loving ridiculous thing I've seen. Common and Keanu with these stone cold killer faces trying to kill each other while also camly walking down the train station. It was loving perfect

I'd like to see him being given a Continental. He'll be safe but he'll never be able to leave. Maybe he can make it dog friendly :3:

Wick becomes Hades and names his dog Cerberus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

So Common is totally going to be in the sequel, right?

Yeah I think that's implied. Probably gonna see some sort of "professional courtesy" team-up, given that both he and Wick seem to be on the outs with the established assassin world, to varying degrees.

• Locked thread