Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moist von Lipwig posted:

good post echi

It's really hard to explain to people that alcohol fucks up your bod in one hundred small ways

what also trips me out is if you're drunk as gently caress, look at your fingers and realise there is ethanol in your blood stream flowing through your fingers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm gonna get p drunk tonight

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nice. dont eat

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

nice. dont eat

I'm gonna eat a lot a few hours beforehand

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Don't drink on an empty stomach.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
on the other hand, always drink on an empty stomach

its lunchtime here in nz. I could have had lunch.. I had a beer isntead. gently caress yes

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Dont drink

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

SpaceClown posted:

Dont drink

ok

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

echinopsis posted:

well realism here.. paracetamol is bad for the liver but the liver easily recovers unless its getting a total pounding. worst hangover in a year? take some paracetamol and ibuprofen and codeine if you got it

and so nsaids right, reduce your bodies ability to protect itself against its own stomach acid. this is a minor issue though. the real problem with nsaids is their effect on the kidneys in a state of dehydration. why people shouldnt use them and then exericse. clearly alcohol causes dehydration so from that point of view is bad

but the good news is driunking lotsa water basically negates both those side effects

i also recommend ondansetron if you can get it, and prochlorperazine. sedating antihistamines like diphenhydramine or promethazine are probably good, but only for making yourself sleep off the hangover rather than lie in bed awake suffering through it

hoverwife read this post over my shoulder and started yelling at me that "anyone who thinks tylenol and alcohol are nbd clearly hasn't seen enough liver failure to have an opinion worth a poo poo"

take naproxen if you drink alcohol and go throw all the paracetamol in your house right into the garbage

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
drink, and smoke weed while you do it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

hoverwife read this post over my shoulder and started yelling at me that "anyone who thinks tylenol and alcohol are nbd clearly hasn't seen enough liver failure to have an opinion worth a poo poo"

take naproxen if you drink alcohol and go throw all the paracetamol in your house right into the garbage

i literally said it was ok to take for hangovers once a year lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
well i'm certainly not going to tell her that

i've already learned my lesson about arguing w/ a doctor woman about gross body stuff lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

finally you say something worthwhile, too bad you just had to say "hoverwife"

naproxen owns and actually works, alcohol or not

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
if you have a hangover, get up and move around and fry yourself an egg with toast.

DO NOT SMOKE!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SpaceClown posted:

Dont drink

Don't post

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I love smoking cigarettes so much, but never smoke when you have a hangover. a glass of ice water will do you up instead

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SmokaDustbowl posted:

finally you say something worthwhile, too bad you just had to say "hoverwife"

naproxen owns and actually works, alcohol or not

all nsaids are basically equi-efficacious (not equi-potent), you just need the right dose. 400mg of ibuprofean is like the same as 150mg of naproxen so when people take decent doses of naproxen and it's more effective than their meagre doses of ibuprofen well no wonder

max dose of ibuprofen is 2400mg a day: that's 800mg every 8 hours: i don't recommend it coz side effects are much higher but yeah it's basically just as effective

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

all nsaids are basically equi-efficacious (not equi-potent), you just need the right dose. 400mg of ibuprofean is like the same as 150mg of naproxen so when people take decent doses of naproxen and it's more effective than their meagre doses of ibuprofen well no wonder

max dose of ibuprofen is 2400mg a day: that's 800mg every 8 hours: i don't recommend it coz side effects are much higher but yeah it's basically just as effective

the minute you start justifying "such and such mg" is when you absolutely shouldn't be taking anything for your hangover or anything else

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
i just try to drink a lot of water before i fall asleep when i've been drinking

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Improbable Lobster posted:

#wow #whoa

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
mmm water

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

I've always had the worst hangovers even when I was young. the best cure is to get up and move around. and like I said, don't smoke

a puff of weed helps the nausea tohugh, but just a puff

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I've always been sceptical of people who say they've never been hungover, because gently caress that. even when I was a little babby I got hungover as gently caress lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

try drinking your own urine it's much more effective

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

I'd rather drink my own piss than read your posts, but here we are

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i'll remember that next time i do shrooms

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

i'll remember that next time i do shrooms

Some hard-core methamphetamine addicts will do anything to get high, including collecting and drinking the urine of other users.

Police in New Mexico recently discovered meth users running "urine extraction" labs, reported Minnesota's news station WCCO.

The first indication of the new trend came when deputies opened up a smelly rented storage locker where they found 50 1-gallon jugs of urine. Police told the owners to throw away the contents, which made them physically ill.

A week later, Narcotics Sgt. Becky Howell received the report on the incident.

"I said, 'Oh my gosh, this is a meth lab. This is a urine extraction lab,'" Howell told WCCO.

It's the newest way to access meth. Some users drink the meth-tainted urine to get high while others use the cooking process to filter the drug back out.

"I'm not 100 percent sure what this guy was doing," Howell said. "Five years ago, I probably would have been surprised at that. But now, knowing and understanding methamphetamine and an addict's addiction to it, it doesn't surprise me."

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the minute you start justifying "such and such mg" is when you absolutely shouldn't be taking anything for your hangover or anything else

mate im not really "justiofying" anything, i just know what im talkig about

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

take your own advice

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
hangovers build character

if you were a dumbass and didn't hydrate, tough it out ya bum and be smarter next time.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
this thread got real bad

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
yospos bitch

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao if you think hangovers are about hydration and can be "cured", your liver is metabolising a huge amount of a miserable metabolite of alcohol and pain relief helps and sleep is a way to metabolise while not being aware of it

dialysis is the only good solution. that or drink less. there are no tricks and when you realise this you soon see that anything "good" is placebo and just accept it's coz you drank too much. work on enzyme induction by drinking more often

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

SpaceClown posted:

yospos bitch

how bout u take a macrodose of GBS, BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

work on enzyme induction by drinking more often

thanks for the idea echi ill get on that

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i do it almost every day

SmokaDustbowl