Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
doing drugs owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

drug use is boring and people who think they're microdosing lsd are retarded

what do you mean think?

whats messed up is that a lot of these people are really microdosing just minidosing or whatever. taking very small doses.. they define whether or not theyve taken enough by being able to feel the effects, but true microdosing should be imperceptible on a daily basis. much like an SSRI, its effect should be able to be observed over long periods of time, like "I had the best week, i really killed it at work and I masutbrated like 6 times!" not "woah today is sweet because I watched the floor of the train melt under me as I was going to work, I could barely talk to josh and mary said something about me looking strange, and I'll probably have to tidy up the code I write when I get in tomorrow, but woah.. gently caress im having fun at work todayu"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
isnt actual lsd easier to get now than ever? with the darkmarket essentially offering peer reviewed products?

but idk. i like acid but when was the last time I had a chance to do some? too many years ago

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Echi are you still Twitter

yeah from time to time

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

qirex posted:

leave it to nerds to make the best drug super boring and using it to help them write yet another javascript password validation script

its never been said so well

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Face Joe posted:

thank u for the reply, SpaceClown. i probably will not try it tho

idk how easy they are to get these days but some of the 2c drugs emulated some of the trippier superficial parts of psychedelics without the total mind gently caress

would have been fun to gently caress around with

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceClown posted:

programming sucks and 90% of the people who do it suck. then again, 90% of the people in anything dealing with computers suck so :shrug:

i had the worst experience of my life on nbomb which is a 2ci analogue. would not recommend.

just take a sufficiently low enough dose of lsd and you'll be fine. 50ug gets you cool stuff like the flashing lights and tracers but not be so overbearing that you start thinking undecipherable garbage.

no no
no mate don't say analogue if you have no fuckin clue about pharmacology. the 2Cs share a mostly similar but relatively begign set of effects while the nbome analogues easily surpass lsd as far as superficial psychedelic effects go. never mind their vascular side effects...

the 2cs are for all intents and purposes mescaline analogues, usually with short net and less broad effects. the nbome class on the other hand is a new "class" of hallucinogen rather than being an analogue of lsd/psilocybin/mescaline

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
now when people say weed they mean weeeed

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

not only that, but wrecked by echi

lol somehow you manage to insult both of us in this one swing lmao

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pharmacologically alcohol is a gently caress up drug

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tumor looking batty posted:

Alcohol is worse than heroin

mate its not

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceClown posted:

just lol if you do opiates though

eat some mushrooms dumbass, they wont destroy your life.

this is the only good thing you posted

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
alcohol is what's known as a dirty drug, much like tricyclics although in more of a brute force rather than highly flexible sense

it binds to opioid receptors which contribute to its good feelings and drive for people to drink more. give people opioid blocking drugs and people stop drinking early in the evening and don't automatically professed to getting trashed. it's quite possible that there is a significant aspect where it's acting as a solvent and destabilising cell membranes .. holy poo poo

also one of the least potent drugs we all know is paracetamol/apap and the max dose is like 4g in a day but even a single standard drink is 10g of ethanol so a dozen beers is 120g of drug. it's an absolute miracle your liver can deal with it at all. the liver enzymes are acting under total saturation hence why alcohol is metabolised in a linear sense and not a half life sense like everything else

i also highly suspect that eating food especially fatty food will put ah extra huge load in the liver which can make hangovers worse i suspect

alcohol metabolism also inhibits gluconwogeneis which is wheee te liver makes glucose for the body and this is the primary risk for babies who drink, they can go hypoglycaemic and die

fructose also has a similar effect on the liver but no where near as bad. both can contribute to fatty liver

tips for drinking healthily

when you're not drinking (during the day) eat highly nutritious high fivre foods like bean salads and other cool things.. then we drink for evening stop eating and only drink. if you're not drinking beer add water. don't eat

get up after night and have a coffee.. and maybe pain relief

alcohol ties up enzymes that primarily metabolise paracetamol/apap and shunts apap metabolism down a path which produces a hepatotoxic metabolite which is why you're not meant to take any while drinking.

it's absorbed through the stomach lining so can get yo/ drunk like 7 minutes ??

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i'm
now drinking a beer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
also i drink higher strength beer on normal days but if i am in party environment i slow
down to your one standard per can and i last longer

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
speed for when you're drunk as gently caress imo

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spankmeister posted:

Hmm idk I usually feel better the next morning if I eat a fatty food after drinking. Usually some kebab or gyros or summat. Also breakfast with some eggs & bacon helps.

My goto hangover drink is ayran, which is a turkish yoghurt drink it contains water, salt, proteins and fat. So rverything you need. It's also delicious.

interesting... i wonder if food making it worse for me is a diabetic thing? anyway I drank like 15 beers last night and was sweet this morning. no dinner. just sweet sweet beer. drinking fitness requires training.

lmao a girl i met on tinder was on the phone to me during the night and i fell alseep while she was talking to me and she had to hang up and call again to wake me up. wow im a winner

quote:

Do you think it's better to use paracetamol (bad for liver) or an nsaid (bad for stomach) after drinking?

well realism here.. paracetamol is bad for the liver but the liver easily recovers unless its getting a total pounding. worst hangover in a year? take some paracetamol and ibuprofen and codeine if you got it

and so nsaids right, reduce your bodies ability to protect itself against its own stomach acid. this is a minor issue though. the real problem with nsaids is their effect on the kidneys in a state of dehydration. why people shouldnt use them and then exericse. clearly alcohol causes dehydration so from that point of view is bad

but the good news is driunking lotsa water basically negates both those side effects

i also recommend ondansetron if you can get it, and prochlorperazine. sedating antihistamines like diphenhydramine or promethazine are probably good, but only for making yourself sleep off the hangover rather than lie in bed awake suffering through it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moist von Lipwig posted:

good post echi

It's really hard to explain to people that alcohol fucks up your bod in one hundred small ways

what also trips me out is if you're drunk as gently caress, look at your fingers and realise there is ethanol in your blood stream flowing through your fingers

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
nice. dont eat

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
on the other hand, always drink on an empty stomach

its lunchtime here in nz. I could have had lunch.. I had a beer isntead. gently caress yes

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

hoverwife read this post over my shoulder and started yelling at me that "anyone who thinks tylenol and alcohol are nbd clearly hasn't seen enough liver failure to have an opinion worth a poo poo"

take naproxen if you drink alcohol and go throw all the paracetamol in your house right into the garbage

i literally said it was ok to take for hangovers once a year lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SmokaDustbowl posted:

finally you say something worthwhile, too bad you just had to say "hoverwife"

naproxen owns and actually works, alcohol or not

all nsaids are basically equi-efficacious (not equi-potent), you just need the right dose. 400mg of ibuprofean is like the same as 150mg of naproxen so when people take decent doses of naproxen and it's more effective than their meagre doses of ibuprofen well no wonder

max dose of ibuprofen is 2400mg a day: that's 800mg every 8 hours: i don't recommend it coz side effects are much higher but yeah it's basically just as effective

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the minute you start justifying "such and such mg" is when you absolutely shouldn't be taking anything for your hangover or anything else

mate im not really "justiofying" anything, i just know what im talkig about

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao if you think hangovers are about hydration and can be "cured", your liver is metabolising a huge amount of a miserable metabolite of alcohol and pain relief helps and sleep is a way to metabolise while not being aware of it

dialysis is the only good solution. that or drink less. there are no tricks and when you realise this you soon see that anything "good" is placebo and just accept it's coz you drank too much. work on enzyme induction by drinking more often

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i do it almost every day

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what good was your mind before you did drugs though?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

tumor looking batty posted:

I thought sugar was good for you?

no
you're thinking of lsd

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SpaceClown posted:

lol if you think yospos is considered cool anymore

90% of posters here are in their 30s and pretty much every thread in this subforum is unfunny garbage with weak zingers, this one included.

mate

youre actually the least cool dude I've ever met. this guy came into the pharmacy today 'can I buy some nurofen plus' (has codeine) "you been here before?" "no", "can I have some ID", *checks on computer, name comes up with note "dont sell codeine"* "sorry buddy I can't sell this " "oh what really?" he acts surpsied "sorry mate, gotta go to the dr"

this guy goes all around town hoping to find pharmacists who are prepared to sell him a box of ibuprofen/codeine

this dude... significantly cooler than you. your own parents would choose him over you

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
give up

on everything -

the rest of yospos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Crime on a Dime posted:

what kind of junkie buys the expensive stuff?

asking for panafen plus is a dead giveaway they want the drugs to get high

• Locked thread