Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I'll take Bob Cole over Romanuk all day every day. At least when Cole messes up you know its because of senility and not total incompetence.

Also Laine is pretty good eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

DuhSal posted:

Price has got Laine's number today. Second windmill glove save on the kid.

Just have to shoot when Price isn't in the net. Tactics!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Stretch Marx posted:

Marner is out. All is lost.

At least Willy and Matthews are back together. Leafs being down to essentially 2 lines that have any hope of scoring is a real problem, unless Leivo can keep his run going, and the PP is probably going to be bad.

Plus it's an important home game in the regular season against the Sens, so this can only go poorly.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I really don't understand why these awful ceremonies don't happen before the listed start time. They did it earlier this year, so it's definitely possible.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Angry Asian posted:

The leafs need to build a statue of Kessel.

:agreed:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hmm, eject Polak and Borowiecki imo

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

That would have been a much better penalty shot call than the one the Leafs gave up against the Islanders last week. Gonna be a real rough night for the team if the defense keeps playing the way they have been.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Stretch Marx posted:

I wish Babcock would put Soshnikov on a line with more skill. He can score he just doesn't have any support.

His percentages and underlying stats are actually pretty bad, all told. He hasn't had a lot of help this year for sure but he's probably playing where he should be, he tries a lot more plays than he really has the ability to cash.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I'm glad the refs actually called that tie-up, I feel like that's the sort of play that happens all the time lately that refs are letting go.

Man this PP looks bad.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah the entire d corps looks like trash tonight

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

:lol:

Ben Smith's one stated job is to win faceoffs and he literally just handed it to the other team. Can someone in the org finally step in and waive this scrub?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

People are going to make a stink about missing Marner but the story of this period is that Gardiner can't make a good decision, Rielly can't skate and Zaitsev's been fighting the puck for a week.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Arabian Jesus posted:

Well there's the "Ben Smith sucks" moment for today's game

I never thought I'd end up wishing for the Byron Froese Fantasy Camp Experience again, but here we are

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hockey commentary's fascination with basic literacy is always hilarious

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Toronto Maple Leafs and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Left for 10 minutes and missed a goal! :siren:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Nazem Kadri: Sens killer :siren:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Some greasy goals gettin scored tonight

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Willlllllyyyyyyy