Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Song For The Deaf posted:

We recorded the Bloodlines episode before we understood what the ideal pace for that kind of game would be. It's way too quick, and if we did it today that would be a two-parter for sure.

It was still a pretty good episode. Man, I remember getting that game for pennies in a Steam sale and being baffled that they were allowed to sell something that didn't work without mods.

Monster in My Podcast has been killing it lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Chat about ff4 after years ending

it is kinda a cool meta moment to have the developer-god add a series-long cosmology, but it really doesn't say much about the series to know about an alien doing stuff to start the civilisations. The question is interesting but it was never asked, we got an answer first. Plus, there aren't crystals in FF 2 and 6 so that doesn't fit either. It isn't a goodbye to the era since it retreads so much and the creator just wants to blow everything up. The only thing I can see it representing is an unhappy artist who ran out of ideas and hates seeing his own work, and that's as much of a reach as most defences of the game.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Chat about ff4 after years ending

it is kinda a cool meta moment to have the developer-god add a series-long cosmology, but it really doesn't say much about the series to know about an alien doing stuff to start the civilisations. The question is interesting but it was never asked, we got an answer first. Plus, there aren't crystals in FF 2 and 6 so that doesn't fit either. It isn't a goodbye to the era since it retreads so much and the creator just wants to blow everything up. The only thing I can see it representing is an unhappy artist who ran out of ideas and hates seeing his own work, and that's as much of a reach as most defences of the game.

Yup.

The best I can say is it's sort of interesting and unexpected, but I don't think it's successful or necessary or good really. It is not a good game.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

The Heartbeat City pilot is available. Another good show where Kole and Gary discuss relationship questions from callers. An enjoyable listen and they stay on topic. Hoping we get more episodes.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Premise Beach is Kids in the Hall, not The State. Fuckers

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hey Gary and Kole, I was far too late to send in feedback for the last Bonfire Chats but I loved that show and wanted to say well done and thanks.

And it wouldn't be a final episode without Gary mispronouncing something but someone's name? Christ

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

And it wouldn't be a final episode without Gary mispronouncing something but someone's name? Christ

This is joking of course :haw:

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Batman month has been good stuff so far. I appreciate Gary and Kole correctly identifying Arkham City as the best of the series. Although I'm confused by Gary preferring Origins over Arkham Knight. Yeah, the Batmobile got old but at least it was a polished game instead of a rushed cash-in (although Origins multiplayer was delightful with a good group).

One thing I hope they mention is how much better Asylum and City are on hard mode. The extra challenge adds a lot of tension to fights, plus it means more stages to bosses like Mr. Freeze and Ra Al Ghul. I could've done without the five minute rant against the chattering teeth in Asylum. Tap the R button a few times and they're gone, what's the problem?

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

I hear you all ask 'bout the meaning of scat
Well, I'm the professor and all I can tell you is
While you're still sleepin', the saints are still weepin' 'cause
Things you call dead haven't had the chance to be born
I'm the Scatman!
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
SKIBBY DIBBY DIB YO DA DUB DUB BADABDABDABEBOBOPBODDABOPE

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Batman month has been good stuff so far. I appreciate Gary and Kole correctly identifying Arkham City as the best of the series. Although I'm confused by Gary preferring Origins over Arkham Knight. Yeah, the Batmobile got old but at least it was a polished game instead of a rushed cash-in (although Origins multiplayer was delightful with a good group).

One thing I hope they mention is how much better Asylum and City are on hard mode. The extra challenge adds a lot of tension to fights, plus it means more stages to bosses like Mr. Freeze and Ra Al Ghul. I could've done without the five minute rant against the chattering teeth in Asylum. Tap the R button a few times and they're gone, what's the problem?

I feel like Origins is a bit underrated. Sure it was just more of the same, but it was more of the same mostly good things. Maybe I just enjoyed it more because I played it like 3 years after City so there was more of a break between.

Arkham Knight however, was like a solid third comprised of underwhelming batmobile sections. Which also had the effect of making the Riddler make even less sense if that was possible. Also everything to do with the Arkham Knight himself was disappointing, even the fight against Deathstroke in Arkham Origins was a better attempt gameplay wise at portraying an equal rival to Batman.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I really want more of the batman games because as it goes on they have to draw out increasingly obscure characters. Oh no it's the Condiment King, and Batman has to team up with the KGBeast to save the Gotham Borscht festival.

misadventurous posted:

I hear you all ask 'bout the meaning of scat
I'm the Scatman!
hear you all ask 'bout the meaning of scat
I'm the Scatman!

This is going to be a new high for the dirtbags, for sure.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Weird Sandwich posted:

I feel like Origins is a bit underrated. Sure it was just more of the same, but it was more of the same mostly good things. Maybe I just enjoyed it more because I played it like 3 years after City so there was more of a break between.

Arkham Knight however, was like a solid third comprised of underwhelming batmobile sections. Which also had the effect of making the Riddler make even less sense if that was possible. Also everything to do with the Arkham Knight himself was disappointing, even the fight against Deathstroke in Arkham Origins was a better attempt gameplay wise at portraying an equal rival to Batman.

Yeah, those are good points. I thought Asylum and City were outstanding, but losing Dini as a writer wrecked their storytelling. It was frustrating to see Joker be the main villain for all four games.

The Deathstroke fight was the highlight of Origins. Dunno what they were thinking stuffing him in a tank for Knight.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I can't go back to city or origins just because getting around the city is such a slow moving pain in them after Knight. And I don't mean the batmobile, just the new grapple poo poo.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em
Snow particle effect >> rain particle effect

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The Summer Of Scat is one of the best series of podcasts I’ve heard.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Holy gently caress

Witcher 3 WOFF coming

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Holy gently caress

Witcher 3 WOFF coming

poo poo and i'd been sorta thinking of buying that since the complete edition's on sale for 20 bucks on psn right now

ty gary and kole for pushing me over the edge

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Brother Entropy posted:

poo poo and i'd been sorta thinking of buying that since the complete edition's on sale for 20 bucks on psn right now

Do it, it owns

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Brother Entropy posted:

Do it, it's loving great

they won't be talking about the expansions, which is a shame because they're incredible and Heart of Stone is perfect for WOFF, although I understand why they're going past it. You really want to touch on that stuff

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Holy gently caress

Witcher 3 WOFF coming

This is the most excited I've been for an episode since New Vegas.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
We plan to cover the expansions sometime in 2018. Witcher 3 is absurdly good and fun, and it’s been hard to sit on this news for months.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Song For The Deaf posted:

We plan to cover the expansions sometime in 2018. Witcher 3 is absurdly good and fun, and it’s been hard to sit on this news for months.

I figured it was Witcher 3, but then one of you made a comment about the dark brotherhood, and then Everytime I hear you tease your fantastic 300 hour rpg I got greatly confused about how you could have such admitration for Oblivion.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I've been skipping a lot of Radio Free Midworld lately because I am planning a Dark Tower re-read, but I still listen to the "between seasons" episodes and just wanted to say The Stand and IT movie episodes were all great.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I totally downloaded that RE PS4 theme that was mentioned in the RE7 episode. Yeah the actual background image is whatever, but the REmake save room theme + classic RE menuing sound effects owns pretty hard.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax
It's very ugly.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

The Berzerker posted:

I've been skipping a lot of Radio Free Midworld lately because I am planning a Dark Tower re-read, but I still listen to the "between seasons" episodes and just wanted to say The Stand and IT movie episodes were all great.

That IT episode was one of my most fun times recording RFM. I could have probably kept going for another hour.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Get John from the Abject Suffering trucking episode back more often, he was delightful and added a lot to a great episode

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Get John from the Abject Suffering trucking episode back more often, he was delightful and added a lot to a great episode

Jon is great. You should listen to his DGUS ep too.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Kole losing composure from laughter is a precious gift. Gary earned it with the Hollandaise Inn joke during the Wetrix abject Suffering.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Couldn't tell if that was laughter or sheer disgust at how bad (so, good) that pun was

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I know I really shouldn't laugh but the unfortunately timed al franken randomisation was hilarious and one of the most 2017 things to happen

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
http://duckfeed.tv/duckstream

Duckstream's starting in about an hour or so

quote:

DONATION INCENTIVES:

All donation incentives apply to the entire event this year.

$50 or above: Gary will craft a Teenage Dirtbags segment stinger in your honor.
$100 or above: You can dictate a Check It Out, Comrade! game. Force Nick to play a single player indie game on a stream, or force him to play a multiplayer game on a stream with you.
$150 or above: Dictate a game for Abject Suffering. Gary and Kole will forego their individual picks to play what YOU want (like all other game suggestions, this is contingent on us being able to acquire/run the game). OR pick a subject for an episode of Adaptation Decay (limit 3, first come first served),
Highest Individual Donation: Pick a game and guest on an episode of Watch Out for Fireballs! some time in 2018. The game you pick needs to be coverable in a single episode.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 9, 2017

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is it weird that the most exciting part of a Dark Souls Remaster is that we might get another Bonfire Side Chat or two out of it?

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
They probably won’t, it’s just a remaster. Closest thing we’ll get is the upcoming armoured core WOFF.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
There was even a statement on the final BFC that future games would just be neo-WOFFs and not a BFC revival.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

They probably won’t, it’s just a remaster. Closest thing we’ll get is the upcoming armoured core WOFF.

there will be differences though, I saw something about 6 person multiplayer like DS3 for example, so they could do a WOFF about the differences.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
It's impossible to imagine that we won't play it. With so little information on what it actually entails, it's hard to make any calls at this moment about how it will be covered. Watch the usual channels for details when we know if there's enough to cover, and how we'll cover it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

So which episodes are in the Summer of Cum anyway?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Is it weird that the most exciting part of a Dark Souls Remaster is that we might get another Bonfire Side Chat or two out of it?

They hate dark souls now, so hopefully not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

Aw, c’mon, that’s not fair. They love Dark Souls 2!