Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I HAVE TO USE MY SOUND SWORD NOW.
I didn't expect to see us get our own thread. Neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

"Freak on a Leash" is the one I recommend.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I feel bad promoting more stuff in this nice thread about the network, but we just released a charity bundle. Check it out here... it's time to rock with the Diggity Duck Bundle. http://duckfeed.tv/store

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Teenage Dirtbags is one of my favorite things. Pick a song/video you like and know, listen to that to see if you dig their style, then go back. It's hard to be completions about it because a some number of the in-jokes are from The Pitch, and the 30+ years they've been doing the show on other platforms.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Rors is a sassy boy who suffered from us getting better mics. I miss him.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

big bag of nacho cheese posted:

Definitely amusing to me now to think that the wait between The Wastelands and Wizard and Glass was only about seven years, given what endless torture it seemed to teenaged me.

We're simulating that wait by putting in two episodes on the Stand, and one on The Mist, between Waste Lands and Wizard+Glass.

But that will be fine, because The Stand and the Mist are good and fun.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

That's great. Thanks for sharing it.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

We're doing a thing. http://duckfeed.tv/woff2point0

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I'm playing the poo poo out of some Nioh right now, and I don't know if I'll be too terribly crazy about it. But I probably won't beat it, and that renders everything moot so

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

No thanks.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Pound for pound, this is by far the most exhausting "issue" we've dealt with on the network. It's the same conversation over and over again. We've made it very clear that we're not going to change, so it's hard to understand why it's ever brought up in places like this. At this point, I couldn't care less about anime in general: when we talk about that medium with any anxiety at all, it's because we know that someone who listened to an episode four years ago has already decided we've made a personal affront to them. The topic and the response are linked inextricably.

"Shut up and stick to..." or "Just stay away from..." aren't pieces of feedback we've ever acted on. When things come up on the shows, it's happened naturally. We aren't forcing it and we aren't trying to piss people off. Just like everything else, the conversation leads there (in this case, we were speaking directly to several comments about Let It Die's aesthetic).

I'm breaking our non-response policy by saying this here, but it's frustrating how strong and how often people respond to our mild indifference to a thing they like.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I appreciate the input. It's this one topic that brings out the worst in me, personally. The vast majority of the interaction we get is constructive and positive, and not adversarial even if it is challenging.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

It was my edit. For what it's worth, I threw every audio production trick I could think of at it.

Edit: Since this is a new page, I'll give more information. I did a test call with our guest ahead of time, and thought what I was hearing was Skype distortion. She was legible, though, so I had her record local audio and send it over so I could sync it up. Turns out the distortion was from her headset mic, not Skype, so even the local audio sounded kind of artificial. Rather than throw out four hours of audio, I worked hard to use EQ and compression to clean things up. I know it's pretty far from ideal, but this is the first I've heard someone say they straight up couldn't listen to it.

Just so people know we did due diligence on it.

Song For The Deaf fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 2, 2017

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

The only football games I have real opinions about are Tecmo Bowl, Mutant League Football, Madden 94 for the SNES, and NFL 2K5. Who knows? Anything is possible in WOFF Rising.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

jred250 posted:

It bums me out though that they pretty much have to blitz through discussing the games. I just listened to the Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines episode and I wanted them to slow it down.

We recorded the Bloodlines episode before we understood what the ideal pace for that kind of game would be. It's way too quick, and if we did it today that would be a two-parter for sure.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

We plan to cover the expansions sometime in 2018. Witcher 3 is absurdly good and fun, and it’s been hard to sit on this news for months.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

It's impossible to imagine that we won't play it. With so little information on what it actually entails, it's hard to make any calls at this moment about how it will be covered. Watch the usual channels for details when we know if there's enough to cover, and how we'll cover it.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Rors is a very good boy, and unfortunately he pops up a little less as our mics get better. But he’s still around, and you can hear him occasionally.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Rors was, and will always be, a good boy. I didn’t get to spend very much time with him, but he always made me smile when I heard him while we were recording, and it was awesome to see how happy he made Gary. That Bonfireside cat will be missed.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Malleus Monstorum is great, but as the person who says the name of each episode’s monster I’m intimidated by the pronunciation problem. Oh well!

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Thank you! It was fun to make.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I had to put it on the back burner for a little bit because of a rough fall and Holidays, but it will resume this month.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I think I fixed it.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

We did it for Souls of Darkness, too. It’s on the Bonfireside Chat feed a few years back.

Making up details about a game on the fly is fun. It felt weirdly similar to a regular episode.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

That’s not right. I’ll fix that.

Edit: It's fixed. Sorry about everyone's phone storage.

Song For The Deaf fucked around with this message at 19:51 on May 31, 2019

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

He actually talks about it in this month’s WOFF dispatch. It’ll be up on early release tomorrow morning.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

The only bird and bear that get the time of day from me are Reginald and Beartato from Nedroid.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

The most recent batch of invitations went out by email last Friday. Search your spam folder. If it’s not there, message us on Patreon with your preferred email address and I’ll invite you.

Sorry about the hassle.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Yeah, I’ll donate any money we get through subs and cheers during that weekend. All other donations will go through the ActBlue portal.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I believe that’s super illegal. The payment processor, ActBlue, doesn’t let you donate if you’re not a citizen or permanent resident.

And it’s not possible for me to say “give at this personal donation account and I will donate it for you”, because that breaks straw donor regulations (that’s something that got Paul Manafort, Dinesh DeSouza, and Lev Parnas in trouble).

I’d love to not turn money away, but I don’t want to get destroyed by the FEC.

Edit: The exception seems to be if you’re a US citizen who currently lives abroad. See this page for info https://support.actblue.com/donors/contributions/im-a-u-s-citizen-living-abroad-how-can-i-donate/

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I hadn’t thought of that and I honestly have no idea, and Google is not helping me. My instinct is to side with caution and not donate Twitch proceeds. I believe in the cause, but not enough to go to jail for Twitch crimes.

The best way for people abroad to help would be to signal boost on social media.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Also true!

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

The final donation total was $4202.73, and the whole weekend was amazing fun.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Pallas cats are great. Good call.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

The first day of Duckfest 2020 was a huge success. We look forward to more tomorrow.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

We talked about the courtyards. That’s a cool area.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Kole here. I love Stardew and have played it voraciously since it came out on Switch. G isn’t as enamored with it as I am (that would be a difficult feat), but he had a good time with it.

It won’t be an unabashed lovefest of an episode, but it’s not a game we’re going to drag. Expect us to spend time trying to figure out how it manages to make some things that are otherwise unappealing to us enjoyable.

Edit: We played and loved the Sims 3 for an episode as well. I think that was E200.

Song For The Deaf fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 26, 2021

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

I wish that Patreon had a check box or something for not sending a message with each update. Not my intention to spam people. Just trying to solve problems.

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Do quote me, we’re putting out a first impressions episode tomorrow (Sunday, 3/6).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Song For The Deaf
Aug 10, 2006

Beartaco posted:

Man I'm okay with them not liking Bugsnax, but they didn't even bother to do all the main missions let alone the DLC. They didn't even do a boss fight! The game's only 10 hours long and they still mainlined it completely.

Coming across as defensive is bad form, but by way of explanation (for myself): I did what the game told me to do and had a guide on hand, referencing the headers to make sure I didn’t miss anything…. But it was either incomplete or I didn’t properly use it. Once a Grumpus was rescued I moved on because I wanted to see the next area and figure out how to catch the next creature. I didn’t make a habit of talking to people in town because the game didn’t train me to believe that would lead to anything substantial or additive.

That’s how I ended up with the playthrough I got. In the moment it didn’t feel like rushing, I was focused on seeing new stuff and taking notes. The last thing I want is to give the impression of some kind of neglect.