Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
https://www.gofundme.com/treatment-and-diagnosis-for-rors?pc=tw_u

Gary posted:

As a reminder, if you read the whole thing: If I don't know you personally, please limit your sympathies to a fav. I'm not ready to read a long series of condolences. I explain more why in the post, and hopefully you understand.

Old Swerdlow fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Apr 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Nier Automata is a better game than the first one but Gary is still going to hate it. Mechanically it’s better but the characters are your typical over-dramatic anime garbage and you still have to replay the entire game for a couple of new cutscenes. The only major difference between the first play through and the second is having to constantly play a boring and tedious mini game during every single fight.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
If people don’t want to slog through Bioshock: Infinite themselves, Bobbin Threadbare did an excellent video lp with fantastic videos essays about the themes and topics brought up by the game.

https://lparchive.org/Bioshock-Infinite-(by-Bobbin-Threadbare)/

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I think it’s more of a “Hey these people closely linked to Duckfeed turned out to be some disgusting garbage people and that’s a gigantic bummer” sort of thing.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I started playing RE7 for the first time in vr and I can’t really handle it. poo poo is intense and creepy; the lower resolution graphics also make feel motion sick.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I’m getting into On Cinema like Kole is right now and this video is all I need in my life.

https://youtu.be/w49xm_xCq-o

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
You could always donate to a local cause if you’d still like give your money to better the world.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I’ve been greatly enjoying the Dark Souls randomizer runs so much that I decided to try it myself. It really is quite exciting not know what you will encounter or items will be found tucked away. I may have to duck out or re-roll my enemies because both the Hydra and Gargoyle fights are Manus and I am not good enough to deal with that bullshit.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Beartaco posted:

Are these available on youtube?

Unlisted videos on YouTube through Patreon.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Hearing Gary’s Fred Stoller cameo gift to Kole was a highlight of my day. I hope there are more treasures to come.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I can’t stop listening to Guillotine since I listened to the latest episode of Unfilmable.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Jonathan Blow sucks poo poo.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I love how much this Soulja Boy video makes Jon Blow sad.

https://youtu.be/xSXofLK5hFQ

https://youtu.be/gWqnz-7iQbY

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Gary was joking about what would happen if a real rapture occurred on a recent episode. I know recommendations are poison but the tv show “The Leftovers” deals with that exact situation. It has the usual modern day prestige drama garbage of over-the-top emotions and extremely on the nose song sampling but it handles well in showing how hosed up society would be if suddenly 1% of the world disappeared in an instant. You only see minor moments of the day of the rapture through character flashbacks.

It’s a great show but it comes with the usual caveats that the first season is only okay and there are annoying characters (especially some horrendous lovely teens being lovely teens) and plot lines that don’t go much of anywhere. It’s all fixed by the second season.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Beartaco posted:

I'm listening to the Fallout 4 episodes now that I finally got round to playing through it myself. They keep repeating "don't let the good be the enemy of the perfect" but the thing is, personally I wouldn't even describe Fallout 4 as 'good'. I walked away from that game bored out of my mind and feeling like I'd almost wasted 50 hours of my life.

Even if I did enjoy the game, I think their idea that you'll never be happy again if you compare a game to its direct predecessor is flawed, because there's always a billion other videogame series that have what I'm looking for and any number of which I could be playing instead.

I find the attitude was needed to approach Fallout 4 otherwise it’d be 4+ hours of saying x was better in y Fallout.

It’s totally valid to approach a game on it’s own terms without any baggage while also having critical comparisons in the back of your mind.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Guppy has conditioned me to the point where I can’t tell if any editing errors or weird stuff going on is on purpose or an honest mistake. I’m happy to truck through it but it seems that this newest batch of episodes has Gary’s and Will’s audio out of sync.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
You are. It’s just another tool used to study a subject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Sunshine has really good feeling movement with fludd and great summer/tropical vibes but the game is obviously unpolished and unfinished; a lot of not great level design and uninteresting and annoying challenges.