Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

I love you Gary and Kole. Legitimately excited to hear Gary's hate for Nioh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Yeah, as much as I happen to it dig it, I know it's got a lot of serious bullshit.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Woffle posted:

I don't hate it, sadly. I just think it's mediocre. I had a solid ten hours of fun and then all of a sudden I would rather do anything else than play it. There's like 5 enemies, you fight them the same way, the story is ridiculously poorly told, in a way that it requires that you already know it to enjoy it. I would play Nioh 2 with an open mind, but I don't think I'll beat the first one. I'm going to jump back in before the episode though, so maybe it'll grab me.

Have to agree but the story is an airtight, multifaceted masterpiece.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

No, I have no idea what's happening in it. It was funny sometimes but I ultimately just ended up skipping it all - even the ending.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Song For The Deaf posted:

I appreciate the input. It's this one topic that brings out the worst in me, personally. The vast majority of the interaction we get is constructive and positive, and not adversarial even if it is challenging.

I think the burger situation really has you on edge, man.

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Woffle posted:

"Don't make comparisons to anime"
"Don't be ambivalent to anime"
"Don't bring up anime"
"Go on the type of tangents I like, not the other kind"

are all terrible pieces of feedback. We're a small fish in a small pond, as far as podcasting, but something I'm not sure people get is that we hear conflicting feedback. Everything you tell us is lovely, someone else has told us they like. The tangents that bore some, delight others. When we describe things as "anime," there are people who know exactly what we mean by that and aren't up in arms to defend the honor of their medium. Making a project doesn't mean acting on all feedback, it means listening to all feedback and deciding what you want to act on. Anyone who has ever taken a creative writing class will tell you that probably 1/3 or so of the feedback you receive is not really valuable.

The reason why this issue specifically pisses me off is it's been heard. We heard it, we considered it, we rejected it and we explained why. We've talked about it many, many times over. And we were really open about it. So, it becomes nagging. People who won't just stop listening (which would honestly be fine. I don't listen to things I don't enjoy), and want to somehow sand away all the flaws they perceive through needling, repetitive feedback.

It probably seems like there are legions of people demanding we change our stances on anime, but there aren't. It's just annoying, so we talk about it, so it seems like a bigger problem than it is. The correct action would be to ignore it, but we're human and this board is a direct line to us, so that can be difficult. I'm trying to get better about ignoring it, but it's like someone kicking the back of your chair on a flight.

https://youtu.be/zB4I68XVPzQ

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Premise Beach is Kids in the Hall, not The State. Fuckers

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Hey I have an idea. Let’s tell the world how good this podcast is and tell all the forums and real life. Also go here: patreon.com/duckfeedtv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Song For The Deaf posted:

Rors was, and will always be, a good boy. I didn’t get to spend very much time with him, but he always made me smile when I heard him while we were recording, and it was awesome to see how happy he made Gary. That Bonfireside cat will be missed.

Sorry, man. I’m about to to through something similar... ‘fraid my brain will break a little... Gary, man, I honestly think we should talk when you’re ready.