Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

GJ, man, i really love Duckfeed. Has easily the best (and certainly most non-exasperating) videogame podcasts I've listened to, and with plenty of other good non-game stuff besides. File Under Water is single-handedly getting me into REM after putting it off for ages.

Abject Suffering and Teenage Dirtbags are particular favorites, they're funny as hell. All the hosts on all the shows seem super nice and down to earth. Good good podcasts.

edit: oh dang one of them posted right above me lol. I hope this post doesn't seem too gushy! I really like your shows and want more people to listen to 'em!!

misadventurous fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Song For The Deaf posted:

I feel bad promoting more stuff in this nice thread about the network, but we just released a charity bundle. Check it out here... it's time to rock with the Diggity Duck Bundle. http://duckfeed.tv/store

Don't feel bad dude, it's so great that you guys are doing this. Part of why i'm a fan of the network is how... humane? all of the casts (and casts of the casts) feel and that naturally extends to your charity stuff (Duckstream '16 hooked me in a big, bad way)
And like, it's for an excellent cause. Promote away i say.

also lord is that a good name for a bundle

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

Vince MechMahon posted:

I'm almost caught up on Teenage Dirtbags. Ding dong, it's me... THE WEIRD MAN.

Of all the good things TDB has shown me, this might be the best.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

So many people cream themselves over like Banjo-Kazooie (thus Yooka-Laylee) but it really is a plodding, boring game. N64 open-ended platformers sucked and Super Mario 64 is the only good one. It was nice to not feel like I'm crazy for having this opinion for once.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

RE: Abject Suffering: http://www.gamesradar.com/this-revelation-about-50-cents-7-year-old-son-making-executive-decisions-for-2009s-blood-on-the-sand-is-too-good/

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

Look goons just know exactly what they want, and if you don't want the same things, that's fine! but also, gently caress you and you're wrong

Kole and Gary did a whole series of episodes on Berserk and Junji Ito and have passingly mentioned Akira and Ghibli in positive terms, I think their anime opinions are probably more respectable than most avowed fans of anime (so says I, an avowed fan of anime)

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

I like Radio Song ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

I hear you all ask 'bout the meaning of scat
Well, I'm the professor and all I can tell you is
While you're still sleepin', the saints are still weepin' 'cause
Things you call dead haven't had the chance to be born
I'm the Scatman!
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
SKIBBY DIBBY DIB YO DA DUB DUB BADABDABDABEBOBOPBODDABOPE

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

Couldn't tell if that was laughter or sheer disgust at how bad (so, good) that pun was

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

Aw, c’mon, that’s not fair. They love Dark Souls 2!

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

Can't speak to the Dark Tower one as i'm intending to read that series (...someday) but the X-Men one is really fun mostly because of how loving bonkers the old cartoon gets sometimes.

That mutant with a tiny version of himself hidden in his back, holy christ

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

2:03 to 2:43 is a goddamn miracle

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

I greatly appreciate Gary’s recent enthusiasm for Tiny Fuppets

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

MIMP does more to make me want to play tabletop than any actual play cast ever has. Except oh no, it makes me want to DM!! All those delicious quest hooks

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

They did a BSC on Momodora 4 too, which just came out Switch. Everyone who likes Soulslikes and Metroidvanias should play both, they’re the cream of the crop

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

I have to assume you’re posting this because these guys know Zack, but it’s hard to tell whether it’s supposed to be a PSA or a gotcha. If it’s the latter, that’s loving vile of you, and if it’s the former it’s really inappropriate for this thread. Like do you seriously think that’s something that needs to be or will be addressed on this forum?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

I like when the WOFF boix are kinda down on a game precisely because I think they’re good at highlighting what worked for them, even if the game didn’t on the whole. Likewise they’re good at acknowledging specific parts that suck in games they otherwise liked. Haven’t played HZD but the episode fell on the latter side imo