Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pangaea Ultima
Sep 7, 2005

Fun Shoe
http://twitter.com/GaryBuh/status/847007561987604480

Gary's tweet last night got me thinking about my own reaction to Dark Souls 3 and BFSC. I think both were difficult for me for the same reason--I really wanted to like DS3 and it just fell flat for me in so many ways that mirrored what Gary and Kole described. One thing I keep coming back to that was a theme throughout BFSC is that from early on the souls games had a reputation for being "hard" that was really played up by the git gud crowd that really missed the point of everything I loved about the series. I haven't played the recent DLCs but it seems like that really became a focus for some reason, and it's just not what I'm looking for in these games at all.

I appreciate that Gary and Kole try to be sensitive to the bizarre feedback and hate that gets thrown their way by the increasingly toxic souls community. It seems like in a lot of ways both the series and that community have developed into something I just really am not into, and that makes me really sad. So although it can be frustrating to hear them caveat their opinions so much, I'm sure they're sharing like a fraction of the hate they receive so I don't envy them that position.

ITT I white knight Gary and Kole apparently....

Looking forward to the final DLC discussion! Gary should pitch that article to waypoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU