Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
just lmao

i need a babysitter if i wanna go out and have fun? the baby sitter needs MONEY? i have to pay for the kids to be watched while im at the old poo poo posting factory?

whenever i waste my money on something stupid i just laugh and say hehehe atleast i dont have KIDS

goons with kids how do you feel about your kids *puts microphone in your face*

and no this isnt a stupid goony post about kids, i wanna have a kid or two one day but when im a lot older and all the fun of life has been sucked dry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
when my son is 18 im kid free and i will be 39 and going back to being a shithead

all potential grand babies get aborted

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
i had a kid in my 20s once his mom says hes doing really good

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!
Honestly having a kid sucks a lot. It just drains all your energy and sucks your vitality from you until you are a withered husk wishing for death. I hope I will change my mind when I'm an old man and she's an adult but right now it feels like the biggest mistake I ever made.

She's 7 months old fyi. I don't care about the money thing childfree people are always on about. Thats not the part thay sucks. Have you ever been around a parent of a young child? We are like zombies just going through the motions until we can pass out from sheer exhaustion again.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Most aren't responsible enough to give it much thought, or let it impact what they'd be doing anyway.

As for me, I'm not gonna have any kids. It'd take some major sleight of hand for me to get to that point anyway

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

proctorbot posted:

Honestly having a kid sucks a lot. It just drains all your energy and sucks your vitality from you until you are a withered husk wishing for death. I hope I will change my mind when I'm an old man and she's an adult but right now it feels like the biggest mistake I ever made.

She's 7 months old fyi. I don't care about the money thing childfree people are always on about. Thats not the part thay sucks. Have you ever been around a parent of a young child? We are like zombies just going through the motions until we can pass out from sheer exhaustion again.

babies are the worst and i hate anyone who shows me a picture of their lovely baby.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My parents had me when they were 21 and 25. I'm pretty sure I wasn't planned though but still lmao at how much that would suck

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

proctorbot posted:

I heard you could take a baby to a firehouse and they'll take it no questions asked. So you could always consider that option.

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011

proctorbot posted:

People are going to tell you that it gets better, they're lying.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Having kids 2 1/2 years between eachother is a recipe for a loving disaster. Both my parents and my aunt and uncle did; so that's four kids all 2 and 1/2 years apart from eachother and three out of four of us are major fuckups either emotionally or mentally. Whereas my other aunt and uncle had a single kid and he's very successful just like my oldest cousin.
Have one kid; keep it alive until 18 and then consider having another but realize gently caress that

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sjs00 posted:

Having kids 2 1/2 years between eachother is a recipe for a loving disaster. Both my parents and my aunt and uncle did; so that's four kids all 2 and 1/2 years apart from eachother and three out of four of us are major fuckups either emotionally or mentally. Whereas my other aunt and uncle had a single kid and he's very successful just like my oldest cousin.
Have one kid; keep it alive until 18 and then consider having another but realize gently caress that

My roommate is 22 and brings his 8, 14 and 15 year old brothers to hang out semi recently and they're fine I guess but I can't imagine hanging out with siblings that much younger than me as an adult if I wasn't at a family gathering or like a birthday or something

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Congratulations, it's triplets!!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
child free is the way to be

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Aesop Poprock posted:

My roommate is 22 and brings his 8, 14 and 15 year old brothers to hang out semi recently and they're fine I guess but I can't imagine hanging out with siblings that much younger than me as an adult if I wasn't at a family gathering or like a birthday or something

He sounds like a cool brother honestly; young enough to be relatable but old enough that he must have figured something out.
My parents were 40+ when they had me and then my brother later. Its gone really badly so far.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Professor SJW posted:

Children are not free lmao what are you talking about

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

proctorbot posted:

My wife and I have 3yo twin boys and we've not gotten to the zombie/wishing for death stage yet. Aside from the constant pumping up until 2 for my wife, it's been a cakewalk so far. They eat anything, sleep at night (since a few weeks old and had to be woken to feed at night) , etc.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I'm just glad I can beat someone in a footrace again. Totally worth everything else.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Children are not free lmao what are you talking about

srry heck i mispoke i meant

no child for me! im happy and fancy and free! :love: :love: :love:

and yes im free i am of no value

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Hardawn posted:

I'm just glad I can beat someone in a footrace again. Totally worth everything else.

see all Dads are assholes

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Professor SJW posted:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

there are lots of studies that show people without children are happier than their kidhaver counterparts

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Meatwolfe posted:

People are going to tell you that it gets better, they're lying.

At least they loving sleep and start to leave you alone once they're like 4 or 5. Just don't get them used to sleeping in your bed

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

there are lots of studies that show people without children are happier than their kidhaver counterparts

I've read that and it's more pronounced in the us that a lot of other European countries.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Imagine working a dead end job, having no social life, playing video games all night, and posting in gbs on a Saturday night, in your 20's

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I've read that and it's more pronounced in the us that a lot of other European countries.

well yeah the problems of having kids are compounded when you have to pay out the rear end for their health care and education and can't ever take time off from your soul crushing job to be with them

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

well yeah the problems of having kids are compounded when you have to pay out the rear end for their health care and education and can't ever take time off from your soul crushing job to be with them

Freedom ain't free, pal

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

b-minus1 posted:

Imagine working a dead end job, having no social life, playing video games all night, and posting in gbs on a Saturday night, in your 20's

lol how old is little nayvee now?

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

at least i can die knowing i raised who two humans that dont like anime

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Lol if you have kids at all

Have fun with the worst decision you'll ever make, idiot

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Imagine having kids ever. Haha

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
As a disgusting person both in body and disposition I have no worries about ever having children

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

nickhimself posted:

Lol if you have kids at all

Have fun with the worst decision you'll ever make, idiot

:hfive:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2SbEgcP37E

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

jeff smisek posted:

lollin

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

He just had a child

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

jeff smisek posted:

hahaha goddamn. this is some funny rear end poo poo, jeff.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

proctorbot posted:

Friend, I don't know your personal situation but I will say everyone I know irl who expresses this feeling made a poor decision about when to have kids

Everyone I know who waited for a stable time in their life finds it exhausting but an overall positive

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
All some parents do is talk about how hard parenting is and it makes me want to slap them.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
validation is a helluva drug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
"Well I'm not going to college and I really like this person so I guess we'll just gently caress alot and lol what's birth control, nah nah, we're gonna keep it cause we're in love and we should also probably get married and wow, what's this? I can't sleep and I can't go out and I can't sit on my rear end and watch tv all day! Why didn't somebody warn me?!

Might as well have another."

- a divorced idiot with joint custody of children they ultimately resent

This, I believe, is the source of most of humanity's problems.

• Locked thread