Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

EvilJoven posted:

Every three months or so I finally corner my wife to have the 'are we having kids or not?' talk and every time she says she hasn't decided but is definitely not ready now.

We've been having this discussion for the past 9 years. I'll be 40 in two years. If she's still on the fence by then I'm just going ahead with a vasectomy. I hope that happens because at this point I'm pretty sure I don't want the hassle. All our childless friends our age do all sorts of cool stuff with us and all of our friends with kids... well... we actually don't really have any friends with kids because they don't have the time or money to do any of that cool stuff with us and all they talk about is their boring kids.

Not sure if this is cool or pathetic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

imagine being the weirdo childless creep who is forever trying to recapture his youth by going to rock concerts with people like half his age who think he's a weird old childless creep, who also has cats or dogs or some poo poo that he obsesses over and treats like his babies.

alternatively imagine having kids really late in life and being a decrepit old piece of poo poo with one foot in the grave by the time his kids graduate from high school and all his kid's friends are embarrassed to come around because hus dad is a gross and out of it old man who can't even play football with his kid without breaking his loving hip.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
my mother was 21 when she gave birth to me. having young parents pwns

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
One of my friends is dating a lady with a kid and he got super pissed at me when I joked about him blowing money on a kid that isn't even his. Now I pretty much avoid going on Facebook because he posts pictures all the time of this kid who he refers to as his daughter and it just bothers the hell out of me. Like come on dude, you're not even married to this lady and you've only known her for like six months, tops.

But I'll probably never have kids because I stand too close to the wood stove out in the garage and it's probably rendered me impotent or something.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
ive had to imagine it twice but gently caress I got lucky and didnt actually knock her up shiiiiiit I would be in deep poo poo if I did lol

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nooner posted:

ive had to imagine it twice but gently caress I got lucky and didnt actually knock her up shiiiiiit I would be in deep poo poo if I did lol

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

SBJ posted:

Little did you know that it would be.... THE LAST TIME

Fairly accurate.

EvilJoven posted:

Every three months or so I finally corner my wife to have the 'are we having kids or not?' talk and every time she says she hasn't decided but is definitely not ready now.

We've been having this discussion for the past 9 years. I'll be 40 in two years. If she's still on the fence by then I'm just going ahead with a vasectomy. I hope that happens because at this point I'm pretty sure I don't want the hassle. All our childless friends our age do all sorts of cool stuff with us and all of our friends with kids... well... we actually don't really have any friends with kids because they don't have the time or money to do any of that cool stuff with us and all they talk about is their boring kids.

I hope your wife is young as hell, because having kids after 35 for women is bad news.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

FogHelmut posted:

I hope your wife is young as hell, because having kids after 35 for women is bad news.

It's true, look at me

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

myDad posted:

Not sure if this is cool or pathetic

Last year because I didnt have to spend my time and money raising a kid I spent it learning how to fly airplanes.

This year I'm going bike touring solo or with a friend and on a road trip with my wife.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

EvilJoven posted:

Last year because I didnt have to spend my time and money raising a kid I spent it learning how to fly airplanes.

This year I'm going bike touring solo or with a friend and on a road trip with my wife.

imagine having a family that loves you instead of biking around alone

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Im gonna adopt a couple lil bastards in a cuppa years

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I try to be supportive of my friends who are having kids at 23 or whatever but most of them were in lovely relationships and the dude who got them pregnant was either abusive or didn't want the kid and at least one of my friends is living with her mom and her child and it's just really depressing

it's interesting to see people who semi-planned their pregnancies at this age, but at the same time I feel so bad for people who were obviously not ready and came from a family that discouraged birth control or even abortion

I can't wait to get my tubes fuckin tied

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Babies seem like a huge hassle but toddlers are rad.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

FreudianSlippers posted:

Babies seem like a huge hassle but toddlers are rad.

Toddlers are just babies that can walk. So they're basically retards that you constantly have to watch because they'll try to stick their tongue in a light socket or walk off a cliff. They're a nightmare.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

my question is why did our apartment neighbors, who already have two 5 year olds that love to scream and throw fits and we can hear them being 'disciplined' through yelling or slapping, decide to have another child?????? why would they do that to themselves??????

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Bareback Werewolf posted:

Toddlers are just babies that can walk. So they're basically retards that you constantly have to watch because they'll try to stick their tongue in a light socket or walk off a cliff. They're a nightmare.

While this is true, they can also be hilarious and will also run up to you and hug you saying "I love you daddy" unprompted.

But then they smash the lamp or something immediately after you forbid them from doing so.

Still cooler than babies, imo

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
lol @ all the weird traditionalist/papist sleepers ITT going "Well, now, who's gonna sit there and hold your old man claw when you lay a-dying, gramps?"

Obviously people so mad they can't get the smell of diapers out of their nose. Some of you pick them up and sniff them. I know. I watch you.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~

Thesaurus posted:

While this is true, they can also be hilarious and will also run up to you and hug you saying "I love you daddy" unprompted.

But then they smash the lamp or something immediately after you forbid them from doing so.

Still cooler than babies, imo

I think toddlers are fun when they're not your kids. You can play with them and laugh when they do funny stuff, but at the end of the day you get to go home and don't have the responsibility of keeping it alive.

Andenno
May 1, 2009

Know who else didn't wanna have babies? The Shakers! And look where they are now, non-baby-having goons.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I'm not sure how it works in the U.S. or other parts of the world, but here in Canada the government pays out pretty good child benefits per month.

In fact they pay out well enough that many people in this country have the choice of either going to school and working hard in order to get a job and become an contributing member of society , or just start pumping out babies as soon as physically possible and living off of the child benefits cheques until those kids turn 18. The more kids they have, the more cheques that roll in each month.

And before you ask, no, barely any of that money is actually used towards the benefit of the kids.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

FogHelmut posted:

Fairly accurate.

bad for men being older too because it raises the chances of catchin' the 'tism

dunno what age that starts to become an issue though

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Bareback Werewolf posted:

I think toddlers are fun when they're not your kids. You can play with them and laugh when they do funny stuff, but at the end of the day you get to go home and don't have the responsibility of keeping it alive.

Yeah i have nephews and they are cool and we can have fun and then when I'm tired of them or they start being lovely it's back to mom's house. Plus i never have to be the bad guy so they like me and are well behaved for me. All the benefits of kids, none of the drawbacks.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

lol if they actually have welfare queens in canada

In the US, you give all of your money and time to your children so they don't resent you like how you hate your lovely poor parents who made you get rides to practice with other kids. Then as your health fails in your early 40s, at least you know that 2nd mortgage so your kid could study abroad was worth it.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

kids in general are way cooler and easier to manage when you realize they're just naturally drunk/high 24/7

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

the kid is way less work than the dog

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

FogHelmut posted:

the kid is way less work than the dog

Idk, it's frowned upon to hit a kid with a rolled up newspaper

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

SBJ posted:

Imagine living in a nice upper middle class house that your kid and their spouse are paying for instead of being cucked by george clooney in a nursing home before dying alone.

LOL if u believe your kids will buy you a home with their money

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

it's crazy on these streets goons every woman wants my primo sperms but kids are just the worst

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax
So you blow a loving kid into a lady. :shrug: Who gives a gently caress? As long as you can support them.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Toilet Shoes posted:

So you blow a loving kid into a lady. :shrug: Who gives a gently caress? As long as you can support them.

Dad now, so what

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Every parent that is bitching most likely has a non sleeping baby because they are too lazy to spend the 4 nights teaching the baby to sleep or worse they are awful parents who co-sleep. Good luck with your marriage if you have a baby terrorist in your bed every night

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

proctorbot posted:

Honestly having a kid sucks a lot. It just drains all your energy and sucks your vitality from you until you are a withered husk wishing for death. I hope I will change my mind when I'm an old man and she's an adult but right now it feels like the biggest mistake I ever made.

She's 7 months old fyi. I don't care about the money thing childfree people are always on about. Thats not the part thay sucks. Have you ever been around a parent of a young child? We are like zombies just going through the motions until we can pass out from sheer exhaustion again.

Dont worry, it gets better. I have twins that are 3 years old now and they are cool.

Also, people with only one baby dont know poo poo, try handling two.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
I had a child at 26 and while it was not planned, I don't regret it in the slightest. It changes your life quite a bit and you have to adapt to having a baby but it's pretty great on its own so it balances out the disadvantages.

Unless you're an immature idiot, it's pretty easy to raise the kid and put up with it being difficult, demanding etc. It's expensive but so is pretty much everything else. If you have a job and a place to stay, you can have a child. Having a child early also means that my parents are gonna be around for a longer portion of the child's life which is quite important.

Having a kid at like 20 would be quite different and probably bad though.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
first of all

this thread wasnt supposed to be this serious i did not expect this level of response

second of all

my cousin teaches bougie white women in chicago, how to put the baby to sleep properly

she charges 300 dollars an hour for the class lmao

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Half the posts in this thread are really miserable and negative. Good job dudes.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Piss de Bundy posted:

my cousin teaches bougie white women in chicago, how to put the baby to sleep properly

she charges 300 dollars an hour for the class lmao

You shake it a bunch, right?

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

You shake it a bunch, right?

(in extremely hillary banks voice* like, do not shake the baby, evarrrrrrr

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

my kids are 12+ and they are pretty much on cruise control and its free slave labor :shrug:

u should buy us both plat again so we can discuss serious issues regarding the vols (the vols have serious issues).

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

here's a picture of bryndaff when he came in third at the pacifist taekwando tournament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

we owe the hospital 400 grand because ronin ate an entire bag of tide pods #blessed

• Locked thread