Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oh pee
Jan 27, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

I would like mods to change my forums name to this and also remove this lovely red text that's making everyone think I suck at posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Maybe that's the real reason why those bogs had corpses?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

tiltposter posted:

I would like mods to change my forums name to this and also remove this lovely red text that's making everyone think I suck at posting

It's not the red text

oh pee
Jan 27, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

500 bad things posted:

It's not the red text

oh yeah I'd never considered that its my actual posting :rolleyes:

oh pee
Jan 27, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
new forums name: suckposter

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
every person I know my age with a child is a horrible parent

oh pee
Jan 27, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

old fat bird posted:

every person I know is horrible

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

old fat bird posted:

every person with a child is a horrible parent

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

If you turn 30 and your wife isn't at least pregnant then you've failed at life

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Thesaurus posted:

If you turn 30 and your wife isn't at least pregnant then you've failed at life

no you are winning at life because you are still free

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Professor SJW posted:

no you are winning at life because you are still free

freedom is slavery. losing personhood in giving one's self over to raise yet another child this planet doesn't need is true freedom.

oh pee
Jan 27, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thesaurus posted:

If you turn 30 you've failed at life

oh pee
Jan 27, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

fyodor posted:

freedom is slavery. losing personhood in giving one's self over to raise yet another child this planet doesn't need is true freedom.

what the gently caress is this post

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Thesaurus posted:

you've failed at life

oh pee
Jan 27, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
sorry I thought it was unironic

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

fyodor posted:

look at this child who will do nothing of use and produce only another mountain of plastic trash to further choke our mother earth - isn't he just the sweetest little miracle?

if you don't have 6 of these it's YOU who is being selfish

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Cut out the middle man just have a plastic baby made of six pack rings.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Yeah I dont want to play video games and eat snacks. I want to pay 1,000,000 so that a SMALLER ME can play video games and eat snacks. What the gently caress

Thesaurus posted:

imagine being the weirdo childless creep who is forever trying to recapture his youth by going to rock concerts with people like half his age who think he's a weird old childless creep, who also has cats or dogs or some poo poo that he obsesses over and treats like his babies.

alternatively imagine having kids really late in life and being a decrepit old piece of poo poo with one foot in the grave by the time his kids graduate from high school and all his kid's friends are embarrassed to come around because hus dad is a gross and out of it old man who can't even play football with his kid without breaking his loving hip.
this is from pages ago but look at this poo poo it's dumping on:
- going to concerts to listen to them instead of look cool (ohwwwh hurrr a fifteen year old's gonna notice i'm a lame fatso! better go home and listen to my fave band there!!! this is how adults think)
- cats and dogs
- having an old, wise dad

pathetic

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
anybody hear that song "Franky" by the band suicide? It's a p relatable song imo

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.

Cobweb Heart posted:

Yeah I dont want to play video games and eat snacks. I want to pay 1,000,000 so that a SMALLER ME can play video games and eat snacks. What the gently caress

but first, to make every activity awkward and dangerous for the love of my life for 9 months (it can be less but that's Bad), also she feels like poo poo in the morning and then undergoes grueling vaginal torture for a day. Or longer. And now for eighteen+ years of protecting a suicidal retard from every possible danger in the world, and after that, worrying until I die. No, it's not my sex drive combined with bad choices. I meant to do this and it's fun.

for real kids past 1 or 2 are fun as hell to hang out with but just imagine actually creating and then raising one. smh

edit: While the people who treat their dogs and cats like children are extremely gross and uncool, they also most likely get less poo poo sprayed on them by their kids lol

Cobweb Heart fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 20, 2017

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
when my facebook friends post pics of themselves freezing their breast milk and ughh how HAPPY they are to be a mom and literally every post is MOM related

jesus post about something else too

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

when i go outside i ask myself "do they know i haven't sired an heir to my vast empire?"

SBJ
Apr 10, 2009

Apple of My Eye

Laughter in the Sky
I was a good kid. Never cried unnecessarily or caused a scene. My parents got so lucky

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Mammal Sauce posted:

My wife and I have 3yo twin boys and we've not gotten to the zombie/wishing for death stage yet. Aside from the constant pumping up until 2 for my wife, it's been a cakewalk so far. They eat anything, sleep at night (since a few weeks old and had to be woken to feed at night) , etc.

As a man expecting twin boys in like 3 weeks time this post is incredibly reassuring and important to me.

e. I'm 30.

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

Why have my own kids when everyone on facebook is giving me daily updates on what it is like raising the little pukes anyway.
No need to be the owner of a child in 2017

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

I had 4 kids as a status symbol because I can afford kids and a big house and fast cars without breaking a sweat. #justtrustfundthings

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
At least people who have kids in their 20s still get to look down on the narcissists who spend their 40s dropping six figgies on conceiving an autistic frankenbaby that will devour the rest of their time on this on earth because they were too proud and self-absorbed to just adopt.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Guy Mann posted:

At least people who have kids in their 20s still get to look down on the narcissists who spend their 40s dropping six figgies on conceiving an autistic frankenbaby that will devour the rest of their time on this on earth because they were too proud and self-absorbed to just adopt.

dont sign your posts

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

proctorbot posted:

Honestly having a kid sucks a lot. It just drains all your energy and sucks your vitality from you until you are a withered husk wishing for death. I hope I will change my mind when I'm an old man and she's an adult but right now it feels like the biggest mistake I ever made.

She's 7 months old fyi. I don't care about the money thing childfree people are always on about. Thats not the part thay sucks. Have you ever been around a parent of a young child? We are like zombies just going through the motions until we can pass out from sheer exhaustion again.

You're the weakest dude ever. I hope you get what you're wishing for.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
yeah now that I'm having kids at 30 all I can think is I should have done this at 20 so by the time I'm 35 I won't be too old to do gently caress all and they'll be in their mid teens and my job will be nearly done. Now I'm gonna be 45 before I'm remotely confident they won't kill themselves or others before I can drink a few beers and get loose without needing to look over my shoulder.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog
I had my son when I was 43, it has been great. My wife and I are very settled in life with a nice home and good careers, my son will want for very little as he grows up.

I had such a wild time in my 20s and 30s, I am so glad I waited as long as I did, I feel I would have really hosed up raising this kid.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
My parents had my older sister when they were like 23 and 22, followed two years later by me and my twin sister. How they managed not to just buckle us into a Volvo station wagon and roll us into the lake, I'll never know. My mom taught first grade for like 25 years so she has the patience of a saint.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I guess some people are just sad.

I had my kids in my 20's and we spent years going to carnivals, parks, and all kinds of fun poo poo. It's kind of pathetic that people think going to the club and stuff is the pinnacle of existence.

And now I'm in my 30's and my kids are old enough to go do their own things now and we go on awesome family vacations.

What's even more pathetic though is people who wait til they're 40 to have kids. Dude, you're so old you can't even get your arthritic butt up to play sports with your kids. Much less understand any of the technology they're using.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i know when im dying of cancer i will look fondly on my 20 and 30s and cherish all those times i got to watch netflix and playing video games instead of having a kid

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

i know when im dying of cancer i will look fondly on my 20 and 30s and cherish all those times i got to watch netflix and playing video games instead of having a kid

"I'm...gay..." as I smile and die alone because I had no kids , or I had kids and they aren't there and will destroy each other fighting over their inheritance

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
lol if you think your life choices come down to having kids or watching netflix and playing video games until you die

even if those were the only two options, the latter still vastly outweighs the former in terms of value and entertainment

have fun spawning trash elementals who grow up to resent you despite your best efforts, best years, and loads of money spend in vain

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Piss de Bundy posted:

"I'm...gay..." as I smile and die alone because I had no kids , or I had kids and they aren't there and will destroy each other fighting over their inheritance

lol like you have anything left to give as an inheritance once you have kids

better than having a video game collection to leave for your cat I guess

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

I guess some people are just sad.

I had my kids in my 20's and we spent years going to carnivals, parks, and all kinds of fun poo poo. It's kind of pathetic that people think going to the club and stuff is the pinnacle of existence.

And now I'm in my 30's and my kids are old enough to go do their own things now and we go on awesome family vacations.

What's even more pathetic though is people who wait til they're 40 to have kids. Dude, you're so old you can't even get your arthritic butt up to play sports with your kids. Much less understand any of the technology they're using.

I don't need kids to feel good about myself tho.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Reading the "what to expect app" forums is like looking through a window into the infinite variables of hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
man it's almost like having a kid is a very individual thing, dependent on the personality and experiences of those involved. Who would have thought

• Locked thread