Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

A few months ago I watched Miller's Crossing nad it's very good. It's a slower noir movie and it's great.

I think my favorite from them is still No Country For Old Men, it's just so incredibly well put together, every scene is a feast.

If somebody wants to watch another great comedy flick with Clooney then Intolerable Cruelty is pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH6iTLpG1_k

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Miller's Crossing is fantastic because A) Gabriel Byrne in a leading role, hell yeah B) John Torturo in his signature piece of poo poo character role who gets killed which owns.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It's bad.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The asthma inhaler swap might be one of theirfunniest jokes to date though.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

While I really enjoyed Inside Llewyn Davis, I don't think it's up there with their best work. It's The Straight Story of Coen movies.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Imo their earlier movies like Miller's Crossing and Blood Simple have pace and quality to them that they never really matched later on. I don't want to say that they're the best but Fargo and No Country are these giants that have everything in them and are amazing but there was something gentle and atmospheric in those smaller scope films where actor performances were the main focus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Hat Thoughts posted:

Reflecting on my dad explaining that he liked Barton Fink because he , "just likes seeing John Turturro suffer"
Recommend him The Night Of.

• Locked thread