Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Seaniqua posted:

I quit smoking years ago. Best thing I ever did, and I miss smoking almost every day.

I quit 33 years ago. Had my first cigarette at 10 thanks to my big brother. Was a regular smoker by 14, but quit when I was 17. Went into the Army after graduating HS and started again in Basic Training.

Used to enjoy smoking for the most part. My three favorites were my first one in the morning with my coffee, the one right after a meal, and when I was drinking.

Back when I smoked, a pack was about .55-.60 and a carton was $5. When I was in the Army, you could get a pack for .40 in the PX and a carton for $4 in the Commissary. You could also smoke just about anywhere indoors.

When I got up to 2 packs a day, I realized that I wasn't enjoying it anymore and it was just something I had to do, so I quit Cold Turkey (it was the only way I could do it).

Haven't had a cigarette in 33 years, but there are many times when I feel like I could light one up. The click of a Zippo lighter is an instant trigger for me.

My Dad was a lifelong smoker and died at 71 after his third heart attack. My next door neighbor is around that age and he walks around with an oxygen tank.

Guess I made the right choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

MightyJoe36 posted:

My next door neighbor is around that age and he walks around with an oxygen tank.

Sorry about your terrorist neighbor man

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Honky Dong Country posted:

When they did this where I lived a lot of the bars started designating rooms that were basically closets with maybe a chair in them as non-smoking as a big gently caress-you-loophole in the law where as long as you had a non-smoking area you were good. I even saw a bar where the non-smoking area was literally a phone booth.

Yeah bar owners and smokers are dumb. Fortunately that poo poo didn't flew here.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

unpacked robinhood posted:

Yeah bar owners and smokers are dumb. Fortunately that poo poo didn't flew here.

Actually it's extremely cool because a bar owner should be allowed to decide if smoking is allowed in their bar not some law by people crying about a smell when they could just go to a bar that doesn't allow smoking

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I'm an inveterate nicotine addict, but I quit smoking years ago. I go through a fair amount of nicotine gum, snus, and ZYN to keep myself at a functioning level of nicotine but operate just fine without smelling like an ashtray or having recurrent bouts of bronchitis and/or pneumonia.

Trying to figure it out, I think I smoked cigarettes from 1985 to 2010. :corsair:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I smoke a handful of cigarettes a year, only when I'm drinking and in an especially good mood and someone offers me one. That being said, if Camel brought back Turkish Royals I'd probably smoke one after dinner most nights.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Honky Dong Country posted:

some law by people crying about a smell when they could just go to a bar that doesn't allow smoking

unpacked robinhood posted:

Bar owners and smokers are dumb.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Abloo bloo I can't patronize a privately owned business because the owner is cool with people smoking there...waaaaaah

God, it's just soooo loving hard to go to the multitude of other places that don't allow smoking

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

edit: wrong thread

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
I think it's extremely cool when performers force hundreds of people to watch them smoke a cig on stage.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

I think it's extremely cool when performers force hundreds of people to watch them smoke a cig on stage.

could you explain this in more detail pls

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
I lost my dad to smokes in 05 meaning by the age of 31 both my parents were deceased.

So smoke if you want to die early and leave your loved ones just because you need a tiny disgusting burning dick in your mouth?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Captain Rufus posted:

I lost my dad to smokes in 05 meaning by the age of 31 both my parents were deceased.

So smoke if you want to die early and leave your loved ones just because you need a tiny disgusting burning dick in your mouth?

or just don't have kids :cool:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Ex-pack-a-day menthol smoker here. The best part about menthol cigs is that no one wants to bum a cig from you if given the option, and the other big bonus is that there's always a sale going on for SOME brand of menthol, so you can always be sure that you're paying dirt prices for dirt drugs that you can smoke all by yourself like the dirt person you are.

When I couldn't afford my cig habit any more I switched to American Spirits in the hopes that the heightened price tag would slow me down... it didn't. Finally, I went on the patch for about a week or two and then quit cold turkey from that instead of stepping it down in stages.

Now I just smoke weed like it's going out of style, which it is. :vapes:

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015

Enfield posted:

could you explain this in more detail pls

As long as it's part of a performance actors can generally smoke on stage.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Captain Rufus posted:

Sorry about your dad man, seriously, but if people wanna smoke they should be allowed to smoke.

E: I also have no problem with non-smoking areas, I can go somewhere else. I just think blanket bans on bars are dumb because it should be up to the owner to decide if their business allows smoking or not.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 19, 2017

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Actually smoking bans are cool and good because all the smokers go outside to smoke and the non smokers have to come with because the coolness exodus is crippling to the vibe and it's an incredible amount of power

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

As long as it's part of a performance actors can generally smoke on stage.

i want to do thid

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
If I declare that my life is performance art does that mean I can smoke anywhere

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
ive decided to become an actor. details will follow tbh hth brb

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

when I returned to my homeland of korea, I learned they banned smoking in pc bangs since the last time I was there, so instead they have a glass walled phone booth size ventilated "room" in the middle of the floor that 6 guys will pack into to smoke

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Reasons smoking is rad.

1. First smoke of the day with coffee. Or anytime with coffee.
2. Smoke after sex.
3. Smoke while taking a dookie.
4. Drinking and smoking
5. Driving and smoking.
6. Drinking and driving and smoking.
7. Slowly killing yourself when you lack the effort to do it the real way.
8. Smoking after a good meal, better with coffee.
9. Always have the ability to create fire in your pocket (good for pyros?).
10. If you are about to get in a fight you can stick it in the ear of your attacker before they get the first punch off.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Sometimes I walk past someone who is smoking and the smell takes me back to my college years. :unsmith:

Of course sometimes I walk past someone who is smoking and it smells like poo poo and makes me feel vaguely ill. :smith:

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
I never smoked but I've been in a lot of vans with smoking people

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

i know they're gay or whatever but I used to like cloves they got u all dizzy and like 'uuuhhhh' and they tasted like candy

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Cloves are goth cigarettes

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

Ex-pack-a-day menthol smoker here. The best part about menthol cigs is that no one wants to bum a cig from you if given the option.

This also goes for regular (unfiltered) cigarettes which is why I smoked Camels for a while.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im smoking rn

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

if you're gonna smoke, why not weed?!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

500 bad things posted:

if you're gonna smoke, why not weed?!

You can smoke both, in the same cigarette

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Isaac posted:

You can smoke both, in the same cigarette

yeah but if you remove the tobacky, there's more room for the wacky variety

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
hmm never had the urge to smoke , I did smoke a bunch of clove cigarettes one night as a teen when we were drinking , then pretty much after that I didn't smoke ever. One cig or two at my best friends bachelor party , and idk I guess I'd smoke if somebody had a baby and was passing around cigars .

smoking is really gross tho , especially inside a car or house and people who smoke STINK they just don't realize it because their mouth and nose is dead .

oh and here in Dearborn MI aka the Arab capitol of America people love to smoke hookah and it's far worse than cigarettes because smoking for half an hour is like two weeks worth of cigarettes . you will die if you smoke hookah regularly .

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
I go through at least two packs of weed today. bullshit government wont let us smoke in bars anymore so i spend most of my days clipping my toenails in a shack

Tom Sellout fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 20, 2017

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Piss de Bundy posted:

hmm never had the urge to smoke , I did smoke a bunch of clove cigarettes one night as a teen when we were drinking , then pretty much after that I didn't smoke ever. One cig or two at my best friends bachelor party , and idk I guess I'd smoke if somebody had a baby and was passing around cigars .

smoking is really gross tho , especially inside a car or house and people who smoke STINK they just don't realize it because their mouth and nose is dead .

oh and here in Dearborn MI aka the Arab capitol of America people love to smoke hookah and it's far worse than cigarettes because smoking for half an hour is like two weeks worth of cigarettes . you will die if you smoke hookah regularly .

Why is hookah so bad?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

hookah loving rules. i keep meaning to buy one

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
Both of my parents are going to die from tobacco-related illness.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Both of my parents are going to die from tobacco-related illness.

Hello son

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Burt Sexual posted:

Why is hookah so bad?

because it's a big water pipe of just straight up tobacco . it would be like taking all the tobacco out of cigs and just smoking them all at once .

A hookah hose can deliver so much smoke into your lungs , and you just pass it around and keep smoking it . It's not harsh at all and very smooth so it makes it even easier .

yeah it's fine after dinner and you smoke a little it will relax you but if you smoke it regularly you're hosed.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Piss de Bundy posted:

And I never realized this until I quit smoking, although, growing up just about everybody over the age of 16 smoked and they smoked everywhere.

Now that you can basically only smoke outdoors, and I'm a non-smoker I really notice it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I quit smoking ten years ago but I went to France last year and thought maybe their cigarettes were different somehow. They weren't.

• Locked thread