Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
at the bar, just lit one up. hell yeah this is so loving cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I could deal without all the ash everywhere. Yah

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Iron Prince posted:

at the bar, just lit one up. hell yeah this is so loving cool

*takes the stool beside yours*

"Yo tender what have you got that's locally sourced?"

*pulls out vape*

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
im still trying to understand where op got his numbers because theyre really wrong

like every country in the top 10 for smoking is a slav country

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
it says Wikipedia right in the op you dingus

Flambeau
Aug 5, 2015
Plaster Town Cop
I smoked for 12 years, and quit right around this time last year. Occasionally I'll get the urge to smoke, but then I lol and don't transition into a cough so I lol some more. Dont get me wrong, smoking was drat cool, but the negatives outweighed the positives.
Also they're like $5.25(?) here which is dumb but not nearly as outrageous as some of y'alls

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

im still trying to understand where op got his numbers because theyre really wrong

like every country in the top 10 for smoking is a slav country

You been to east asia homie?

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012

Iron Prince posted:

it says Wikipedia right in the op you dingus

yeah and none of the poo poo is true you mongo dungus fuckman

real list is

Countries that smoke the most cigs per person:
Montenegro
Belarus
Lebanon

Countries that export the most smokes:
China
Russia
U.S

etc

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

yeah and none of the poo poo is true you mongo dungus fuckman

real list is

Countries that smoke the most cigs per person:
Montenegro
Belarus
Lebanon

Countries that export the most smokes:
China
Russia
U.S

etc

yeah like I would just totally fabricate facts for a post on comedy forum somethingawful.com :rolleyes:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Wait are you serious cigarettes cost over $8 a pack? How much is a carton? :stare:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
A carton where I live runs slightly over $90

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
So we're talking $360 a month or so?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Enfield posted:

ive decided to become an actor. details will follow tbh hth brb

This does help. Thank you!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

eSports Chaebol posted:

smokers are cool precisely because they don't give a poo poo that they're killing themselves. this isn't sarcastic or condescending or anything, I'm a bartender and all my coworkers smoke and are cooler than me because they don't give a poo poo about anything

plus they get smoke breaks. even smoking bans just made smoking a better and cooler lifestyle

as a smoker, I can confirm that I don't give a poo poo. Me being "cool" prob should be corroborated by another smoke researcher

Shaquin posted:

Most cigarettes are alright Camel is probably the best all around brand and I still get turkish golds or filterless wides from time to time. I don't think I've ever bought the same brand for more than a month straight in a row.

I used to do camel no filter but switched to the American spirit black pack and just rip the filters off

Zippy the Bummer posted:

i dont usually smoke, normally i'll just light one up and puff for pleasure when i'm drinking, which is all the time, such as right now

Same. I had a dude tell me "Drinking without smoking is like making GBS threads without pissing, you're already half way there, you doing one, just fuckin do both"

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Three-Phase posted:

Probably around that. Better than when I lived up in WA, poo poo could easily be $120 for a carton

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Three-Phase posted:

What if you make a lot of money and don't need it.

65/carton here

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
A pack of cigs and a 12 pack is $20. That's like $300 a month. If I get unemployed it's gonna be even shittier than now. Whatever.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Opening a fresh new pack is fun as hell and smells super good. Even better when you just pounded a beer.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Three-Phase posted:

Wait are you serious cigarettes cost over $8 a pack? How much is a carton? :stare:

Lol its over $12 a pack in nyc

I started vaping a few months ago cause its way cheaper and suckin robo dicks with different flavors is cool and good

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Only smoke when I drink or on vacation and always lucky strikes red or if it isn't available Marlborough reds. Nothing like having a few cold ones and lighting up a cig, thank god I don't get addicted though. I could smoke one pack a day for seven weeks while backpacking and just stop smoking right afterwards.

Pube Factory
Jun 10, 2001
Pretty much the only thing I'm good at is growing these beautiful, thick pubes
smoking is loving cool and e-cigs are for dorks. just my 2 cents

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

Barnes And Body Works posted:

i smoke a lot of viceroy due to stress reasons, try to avoid it but sometime it's unavoidable???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfTTeZOrs4

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Pack of cigs is like $30 here but thats not gonna stop me!!!!!! !!!!!

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Jesus Christ some of those prices. I buy two cartons and still pay less than $100. But then again there's a big Philip Morris factory like an hour away in Richmond.

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Isaac posted:

Pack of cigs is like $30 here but thats not gonna stop me!!!!!! !!!!!

How much of the box is covered in pictures of diseased lungs down there now? I guess it amounts to just a minor nuisance to the end customer since the pack is in your pocket most of the time, but I'm still pretty glad that hasn't gained any traction in America. It comes off as a bit silly given that booze doesn't have pics of cirrhosis livers all over the labels.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

How much of the box is covered in pictures of diseased lungs down there now? I guess it amounts to just a minor nuisance to the end customer since the pack is in your pocket most of the time, but I'm still pretty glad that hasn't gained any traction in America. It comes off as a bit silly given that booze doesn't have pics of cirrhosis livers all over the labels.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
those pictures aren't even effective you can't see the cancer at all!!!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I got these thai smokes that had some dude with a badass handlebar moustache blowin smoke on a baby

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
In hong kong I got lucky strikes and the pack had a rich skeleton dude smoking while dead

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

SniperWoreConverse posted:

In hong kong I got lucky strikes and the pack had a rich skeleton dude smoking while dead

...badass

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Isaac posted:

I got these thai smokes that had some dude with a badass handlebar moustache blowin smoke on a baby

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I don't smoke and hate smoking and would smoke either or both of these.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Honky Dong Country posted:

Abloo bloo I can't patronize a privately owned business because the owner is cool with people smoking there...waaaaaah

God, it's just soooo loving hard to go to the multitude of other places that don't allow smoking

I can go where the gently caress I want because it's banned everywhere, it's also taxed to hell and back.

This is pretty cool because we have actual healthcare and I'm not paying for your inevitable self inflicted cancer.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
I smoke Kamel Reds more or less constantly. Glad to see someone finally willing to stand up and state the obvious fact that smoking is really cool.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
you can easily smoke four cigarttes a day without any negative effect.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Smoking is bad

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Here's the crap I use in China:

Great Wall "Cigars"
They the same size as normal cigarettes but come with a filter tip that's nice to bite on for hand's free use. They taste like really strong gas station cigarillos (like Swisher, etc.,) but don't seem to be filled with shredded cigarette tobacco. Unlike cheap gas station cigars, if you try to inhale one of these you will be gagging and coughing, much like a real cigar. Like everything else in China, they do an OK job simulating the intended product, and I smoke one of these once or twice per week.
$4 USD for 10 pieces.
Flavor: 5/10
Lingering Stink: 5/10
Simulation of actual cigar by taste and smoke thickness: 3/10

Esse Super Slim Menthols
These are "girl cigarettes," specifically to target the drunk club-goer girls, factory women, and college girls that think they are cool. They do this by being tiny and minty, since menthol are often seen as for women though Marlboro menthols are now really hip with the rich young males.
Being Super Slims, you can see how skinny they are compared to the normal-sized Great Walls. You can smoke one of these in a one or two minutes, since they are for women who want to pretend they aren't damaging their skin and lungs by having the habit of smoking.
I don't like cigarettes. I like menthol. I wish there were menthol cigars. I like menthol vapes. I half-puff, half-inhale one of these once a week and it feels "cool" and minty.
$2 USD for 20 pieces.
Flavor: 6/10
Lingering Stink: 9/10 (these smell especially atrocious indoors)
Stare factor from locals at a foreign male smoking girly cigarettes: 10/10

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
*smokes a cig* bleehhh
*smokes a weed* hehe

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Honky Dong Country posted:

E: I also have no problem with non-smoking areas, I can go somewhere else. I just think blanket bans on bars are dumb because it should be up to the owner to decide if their business allows smoking or not.

counterpoint: blanket bans turned out to be good for business and bar owners are dumb and should be bossed around

plus if you're cool you can still smoke in some bars

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Places here got around it cause the law allows actors to smoke on stage as part of a performance

They sold a little button that "meant you were a actor"

Cigs indoors sucks rear end you smoke one and everything smells like it forever but you can blaze a pound of chron chron and then crack a window and in 5 minutes a drug dog wouldn't even smell it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Smoking is unhealthy and not enjoyable, inhaling smoke is something that humans should not do

• Locked thread