Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nightonthesun
Apr 23, 2002
I smoked for 17 years. I tried quitting a few times, but always came back. A few years ago I got really bad pneumonia and started coughing up a little blood. A month in the hospital with severe sepsis and multiple organ failure, including ARDS, followed. Now the smell of smoke nauseates me and I don't miss it at all. Silver linings, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
there are other ways of getting your nic on that only rot parts of your body :D

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I stopped smoking op

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
your character class is farm hand

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
FACT smoking is not tasty, you're fooling yourself idiot
FACT smoking is a huge sign of weakness
FACT smoking makes u stink real bad

Harsh Truths, bozos

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
does previously heavy mean you were fat

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shaquin posted:

does previously heavy mean you were fat

Yes

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

dont doxx me

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

von Braun posted:

you can easily smoke four cigarttes a day without any negative effect.

I'll bet this is true, but how do you keep it from morphing into a pack-a-day habit?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

MightyJoe36 posted:

I'll bet this is true, but how do you keep it from morphing into a pack-a-day habit?

Generally speaking, you have no way of doing that

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The more durries you smoke the more you want, they feel good. Your mind concentrates and gets dizzy at the same time. You got a slight speedy feeling for a second and a tingle down your spine. The second you cant live without em that feeling disapears and you just have to smoke them to feel normal.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Isaac posted:

The more durries you smoke the more you want, they feel good. Your mind concentrates and gets dizzy at the same time. You got a slight speedy feeling for a second and a tingle down your spine. The second you cant live without em that feeling disapears and you just have to smoke them to feel normal.

Yeah, that's pretty much what led to me quitting.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
When I see people smoking or what is common here in sweden "snusar" (when you put tobacco under your lips) I secretly judge them very harshly

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers
The best smoke

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

This is the strongest tobacco in my country it taste like plums and tar. A puff makes you unable to stand if you arent ready for it.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party

Isaac posted:

This is the strongest tobacco in my country it taste like plums and tar. A puff makes you unable to stand if you arent ready for it.

it has a good wikipedia entry

quote:

An Australian government quantitative survey of RYO smokers to "Determine Impact of Plain Packaging" found that "White Ox" tobacco was perceived by this cohort as being "extremely low appeal as a product", that was associated with "prison populations and homeless people"

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

It smells really bad and that poo poo lingers forever in fabric/hair.

I mean kill yourself if you want but please do so in a more efficient and odorless manner, thanks.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Anyone remember the old tcc story about smoking uncured tobacco? I'd do that

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Whole lotta crying non-smokers ITT lol

oh pee
Jan 27, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress smoking and gently caress me

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Jesus Christ posted:

The best smoke

This really is a nice tobacco. I used to smoke handrolls, quit years ago but if you're going to kill yourself slowly, Peter Stokkebye handrolls are a good choice. I miss when you could still get real dutch Drum in the US. Now it's that Republic tobacco garbage.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
I started smoking when I was 13 and stopped by the time I turned 20; stayed quit for almost 4 years. I weaned myself off by smoking bongs of green tea and actually wrote a blurb about it for TOTSE. I'm going to be buying a new car soon (first brand-new car I'll own) so I'd like to quit smoking before I stink it up but I think I'll have to go cold turkey this time.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Gay Weed Dad posted:

I started smoking when I was 13 and stopped by the time I turned 20; stayed quit for almost 4 years. I weaned myself off by smoking bongs of green tea and actually wrote a blurb about it for TOTSE. I'm going to be buying a new car soon (first brand-new car I'll own) so I'd like to quit smoking before I stink it up but I think I'll have to go cold turkey this time.

It starts like a good niggerstomper edit and then it goes off course wtf

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

mods change my name to green tea bong smoker

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I think the next hip thing for college students to do is to hold smoke-ins. Go to the library on campus, carry a bunch of signs, yell a whole lot, and smoke bogies indoors. gently caress the system

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
if uve never smoked cigs before you are most likely uncool

if u still smoke u r really stupid——how do u climb stairs/run/breathe/etc

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Turdsdown Tom posted:

I think the next hip thing for college students to do is to hold smoke-ins. Go to the library on campus, carry a bunch of signs, yell a whole lot, and smoke bogies indoors. gently caress the system

I'll be there and improvise a poo poo-in

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

gently caress da Mods posted:

if uve never smoked cigs before you are most likely uncool

if u still smoke u r really stupid——how do u climb stairs/run/breathe/etc

Every couple set I take a smoke. Same with running, go a bout a mile, smoke break, keep running.

Pube Factory
Jun 10, 2001
Pretty much the only thing I'm good at is growing these beautiful, thick pubes
If smoking is a sign of weakness and uncool, why do extremely powerful men like obama and jude law in the young pope smoke?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I can't trust a man unless I see that they have at least one vice

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Hardawn posted:

I can't trust a man unless I see that they have at least one vice

Word. Another thing that makes a man untrustworthy is if you see him walk into a building while putting his gloves on. No good can come from it.

I'm smoking right now. Everybody try smoking and tell me what you think about it

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Smoking is a third world thing for poors, like making GBS threads on the street.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
in college I tried cigs a couple times cause they were p common among the people I hung out with, tbh I never really got it. Like I suppose going through the motions was kinda nice, particularly when I was drunk and didn't need more weed, but I never really got anything out of it other than bad breath. Closest I came was enjoying hookah but I think even then it was more the flavors/high from CO than the nicotine itself.

It's odd cause I have a pretty addictive personality when it comes to most substances I've tried, but caffeine and nicotine never really provided any sort of rush.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Nothing better than a coffee and a cigarette to get your bowels evacuated in the AM
Who's with me? Yeah you guys know what i'm talking about!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Oberleutnant posted:

Nothing better than a coffee and a cigarette to get your bowels evacuated in the AM
Who's with me? Yeah you guys know what i'm talking about!

Sometimes I have a poo poo beforehand to make sure that needing to poo poo urgently dosent ruin my coffee and smoke. Somtimes it still does

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

Jesus Christ posted:

The best smoke

I was a fan of the Norwegian shag personally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood
Smoking is cool because the only reasonable reaction to the futility of life is to bring on the inevitable, but rushing things is for try-hards.

White ox is the best rollie

Champion ruby is the hippies' friend (and the also-best rollie)

Tailors are okay but not as your main source of nicotine income because there is no ritual

Cigars kick arse and cigar habits are even better because you're only smoking more cigars

Pipes are also great and I can't wait for the retro trend to pass so that it can be cool in public again

• Locked thread