Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Vaping is cool too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I'm glad my city bans indoor vaping so i have legal precedent for telling them (vapers) to gently caress off

Of course they can't hear me because the propylene glycol has dissolved their inner ears

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother in a vape shop.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Romes128 posted:

Vaping is cool too

:chloe:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Do you think you could make tobacco concentrate like wax and do a dab of it?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I wanna start smoking again but I'm too lazy.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

If you smoke you're a disgusting smelly degenerate who will probably get throat cancer or emphysema, enjoy :D

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I quit smoking on the reg, very occassionally may still burn one, but now that I don't smoke I'm basically a sexual tyrannosaurus so I'd recommend quitting.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Smoking is a long, public suicide

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dr Cheeto posted:

Smoking is a long, public suicide

It's the stylish way tho.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's true, my granddad's oxygen tank was hella fly and everyone dug his "chemo" look

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

scrubs season six posted:

I'd rather have a sister in a whorehouse than a brother in a vape shop.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Smoking an e-cig is like sucking a robot's dick.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
i prefer you on the racecar track, op

that is,

i prefer to smoke you,

on the racecar track,

op.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
smoking camels with the windows down

The_end
May 17, 2014
You should only be smoking weed every couple of hours.

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
I've been trying to cut back my cigarette intake by chewing gum. Now my cheeks are all chewed up, and my jaw is soor.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Even Hitler hated smoking.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Romes128 posted:

Vaping is cool too

extra stout fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 23, 2017

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Johny-on-the-Spot posted:

I've been trying to cut back my cigarette intake by chewing gum. Now my cheeks are all chewed up, and my jaw is soor.

I can dramatically reduce my boredom smokes with sunflower seeds. Your face feels hosed up after a night on the seeds though.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
i used to smoke op

then i grew up

i do miss it sometimes

but not very often, and not very much

the occasional times i go back to it, it's never the way it was before, and i stop quickly in disgust after one or two cigs

which makes me miss it less and less, cause the next time i think "hmm maybe a cig" im also like "oh yeah it was bad last time & most of the times before that, nm"

eventually ill probably stop going back to it at all

nicotine lozenges were helpful in kicking it but staying quit is mostly just remembering it will never be as good as it was when i was 21

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
also cancer runs in my family and seven years of smoking probably did me enough harm as it is; thinkin about that helps stay quit too

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Smoking is fun and cool and I really enjoy it. I should probably quit though.

Sitting out on the patio at my local bar drinking pints and smoking cigs while watching the cars drive by is basically heaven.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Romes128 posted:

Vaping is cool too

haha good one

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

also cancer runs in my family and seven years of smoking probably did me enough harm as it is; thinkin about that helps stay quit too

Cigarettes killed basically everyone on my Dad's side fo the family. drat you cigarettes!!

Hookah rules and it's even worse. RIP

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Sitting out on the patio at my local bar drinking pints and smoking cigs while watching the cars drive by is basically heaven.

drat I wish my bar had that. Hell yeah dude.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
smoking's fine, i usually have between 0-2 a day unless i'm drinking/working on cars. spirit blues if you were wondering. i'm going to have one now i think!!

yes, exactly.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Shaquin posted:

does previously heavy mean you were fat

I think it means his alcohol intake was previously heavy before he cut down to 10 drinks a day

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

gently caress yes

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
I like to smoke when I am drunk or on drugs, so most of my waking hours.

Does anyone have that old ms paint of the cartoon cigarette pack with wheels? There is a sign in the back that says "next stop flavor country" and the caption is "if you quit smoking you're a pussy." Should be in this thread tbh.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 23, 2017

Lusso
Jul 1, 2003

I quit smoking almost 20 years ago, and the thing I miss most about it is stepping outside at night right before I went to sleep. Rain, snow, fog, or crystalline skies, I always felt it and took it all in.

I could still do that now, but I usually don't.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
if you smoked 20 years ago you didn't even have to go outside

Lusso
Jul 1, 2003

Right, but lots of us did. Stepping outside for a smoke was a thing.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
If im at your house ill smoke inside unless you specifically tell me not to and im sober enough to understand the instructions.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Isaac posted:

If im at your house ill smoke inside unless you specifically tell me not to and im sober enough to understand the instructions.

you must not go to a lot of friend's houses, but the ones you do go to smell loving disgusting.:frogout:

I used to smoke about two to three cigs a day (my habit was slowly moving toward pack a day territory) when I got a loving sick nasty cold. since then I've only ever smoked a cig when I'm drunk (like, two to three in the past 7 months) and every time I'm reminded of why smoking is fukken gross.

Lusso posted:

I quit smoking almost 20 years ago, and the thing I miss most about it is stepping outside at night right before I went to sleep. Rain, snow, fog, or crystalline skies, I always felt it and took it all in.

I could still do that now, but I usually don't.

That's what got me going in the first place. I'd step outside, and sit on the stairs of my apartment block, listening to the rain patter down on the parking lot, hearing the frogs ribbit in the night and breathing in cool night air and cancer.

then I moved to a shithole apartment and I smoked mainly because my place sucked such enormous ballsack.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I love sitting outside listening to the rain

the current year is cool because I can bring my tablet out on the porch and enjoy the weather while still posting on the forums

Lusso
Jul 1, 2003

A White Guy posted:

That's what got me going in the first place. I'd step outside, and sit on the stairs of my apartment block, listening to the rain patter down on the parking lot, hearing the frogs ribbit in the night and breathing in cool night air and cancer.

Yep, you get it.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

practicing various forms of meditation/mindfulness has definitely helped fill a void smoking left, and helped me stay quit.

going outside, looking around, taking some deep breaths, maybe lean against a wall and put my head back, look at the sky, do my best to think about nothing and get lost in the moment

its surprising how fast it kills cravings to just do everything about a smoke break except smoke

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I love sitting outside listening to the rain

the current year is cool because I can bring my tablet out on the porch and enjoy the weather while still posting on the forums

Seriously are you over 50

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

A White Guy posted:

you must not go to a lot of friend's houses, but the ones you do go to smell loving disgusting.:frogout:

Once I was at a house and this girl lights a smoke and she gets told off and she goes "That guys been smoking all night" and I realised I wasnt welcome to smoke but no-one wanted to be the one to tell me not to

• Locked thread