Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bad pass, Geno. Baaad pass.
Also bad AHL defenseman.
And not a great read by Murray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Geno what the gently caress are you doing with that

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kuhnhackl!
Mr. Really good hands sometimes.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I've mainly just been watching Letang this period whenever he's on the ice and he really is an underappreciated presence for our team. He definitely leads the charge and changes their entire play style when he's healthy.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Malkin dancing this period. Guessing he got chewed out a bit for the 1st.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

All I want for this trade deadline is a depth defenseman.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Helm with a brilliant trip-deke there

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Please fire Rick Tocchet.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Look Around You posted:

our powerplay is 4th in the league though :confused:

I think it's fair to say the talent supersedes the strategy, especially when seeing how many of our PPG come from a rush vs. set play.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

I've never seen a player as talented as Letang be so bad on the PP

If he had even a half decent slapper he would have himself one of those Mike Green 30-goal seasons for sure. Teams know he's only ever gonna pass it and that's a big knock but he dishes with the best of them.
He certainly does not shine in standing still though, he's all about the transition and the rush.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Look Around You posted:

Yeah the more i think about it the more i want shattenkirk (and justin schultz back). We might even be able to resign him with the people we have coming off the book

Yeah, with Daley and Kunitz off the books we might even be able to sign them both (though I highly doubt it.)
It would be interesting to see that sort of move. Letang/Shattenkirk/Schultz is a hell of a offensive-defensive depth.
It'd really be going all-in on the system.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I was just about to say "Is Kronwall injured" because he has been absolutely invisible all game.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ian Cole shooting like he's the clutch/hero sort, gently caress off.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Neodoomium posted:

Fire Holland regardless of this result

I hope he gives Ott a two-year extension first

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

We need a few bad losses so JR panics and trades everything for Duchene

If he can turn our cupboard of Pouliot and late 1sts into Duchene that man deserves a hell of a bonus

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mage_Boy posted:

Your team are buyers. Accept this fact.

I will just laugh and laugh and laugh if/when they flip Mrazek for picks and keep Elite-Goalie Jimmy Howard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

It looks like Sid's line is really, really missing Sheary out there.

• Locked thread