Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Professor SJW posted:

uh, this produces a whole other set of questions. this thread is just a series of rabbit holes

this one doesn't go much deeper than 'data from star trek probably has tons of alien genitals on demand' so that door is closed and we can all sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Kuato posted:

Yeah they should just take all of the federation's garbage, and maybe the romulans and klingons garbage and throw it into the wormhole. Also dispose of dead bodies that way too. maybe a complex sewer system where everyone's poo poo and piss goes through a bunch of pipes into the wormhole

every ship comin from and goin to the gamma quadrant coated in poo poo and piss

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Improbable Lobster posted:

Over 7 years all of the cells of all of your bones, including teeth, are reabsorbed and replaced. You have a whole new skeleton ever 7 years.

yeah all those fuckin enamel cells

that's why cavities heal themselves, right you loving moron? lol

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

you impossible idiot. you colossal dork.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Improbable Lobster posted:

Over 7 years all of the cells of all of your bones, including teeth, are reabsorbed and replaced. You have a whole new skeleton ever 7 years.

That sounds like an internet myth

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

i am melting down over someone making up stupid poo poo in this thread about spaceman dishwashing. you utter half wit.

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
Your body is too dumb to heal or recreate your teeth more than once, although I think some people for no reason have had more than two sets. It can't even aim the teeth right most of the time. DURRRR THERES TOTALLY SPACE LEFT. MAKE FOUR MORE LOL

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
This whole thread is about making GBS threads and regrowing teeth now? The real problem with Star Trek TNG is that every time someone stands up, they have to pull their shirts down.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

the biggest problem is that nobody ever fucks

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Peanut Butler posted:

but we have star trek to fill that void

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
gonna quit brushing my teeth now that i know they'll just regrow themselves. thanks GBS!

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Peanut Butler posted:

I'm pretty sure that Geordi hosed that holodeck Leah Brahms.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

The Dennis System posted:

I'm pretty sure that Geordi hosed that holodeck Leah Brahms.

i'd be disappointed if he didnt

dude got owned by wesley crusher of all people on his lack of luck with the ladies JFC

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
Jake could beat the poo poo out of Wesley I've got :10bux: on Jake

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

food court bailiff posted:

i am melting down over someone making up stupid poo poo in this thread about spaceman dishwashing. you utter half wit.

Don't worry in 7 years all of you will be new and all this outrage will have happened to someone else

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

realbez posted:

Don't worry in 7 years all of you will be new and all this outrage will have happened to someone else

lmao

I should really finish DS9 sometime huh

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Aging Millenial posted:

What if the people who are using the transporter are in fact being killed but they're just recreated again? There's an endless holocaust going on in the universe of Star Trek.
Super Best friends JUST had this argument I think in a recent podcast if i'm not mistaken.

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
i couldn't listen to a podcast called super best friends and not kill myself gently caress that's cringey

*continues posting on sa*

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

TheSpamalope posted:

i couldn't listen to a podcast called super best friends and not kill myself gently caress that's cringey

*continues posting on sa*
Star Trek gave us Aatrek and that was an abominable mistake.

*my two cents*

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

yes OP the waste is ejected into space to eventually form garbage nebulas which ultimately end up creating planets much like ours

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
my posts are kind of like garbage that i beam into your brain if you read them

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

My Man Shran posted:

gently caress you

this may be the best post ever made

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

Applesnots posted:

No,They just hate lesbians.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
The Culture does this way better when you can just dope your brains to bits because people have a load of drug glands and can then just turn them off whenever they want which is great.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Ape Fist posted:

The Culture does this way better when you can just dope your brains to bits because people have a load of drug glands and can then just turn them off whenever they want which is great.

also in the Culture they wouldn't care about the transporter problem and they do back people up and like how long it was before your last backup is how "bad" a death is. they also make copies of people's brains and sometimes they mash them back together after a while. sometimes the copies don't even care if you just kill them if they haven't been split for long since they feel that their shared identity with the original will persist

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

making a lot of copies of you would be worse than death though because it would be like disintegrating your identity

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I don't know how I'd feel about that whole backup copy thing. Like, the Minds don't seem to have much of a problem with it but as a Human I probably would because my present consciousness is still terminated after my backup.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Holy poo poo you guys we go through this every six months

Time clones you already. There ain't nothing connecting your brain now to your brain in the future, and similarly, the past. Such a thing would be a monstrous violation of causality, GR, QM and logic.

Moreover your time clones are altered to a massive extent, just as a regular part of existing and having biology, that the Star Trek replicator is less of a suicide booth than a diner booth is. It actually sends your exact particles to the destination, in order, to be reassembled, a vast and impossible extravagance, exactly the same as they were. There will never be two copies of you with more 'continuity' than the ones between transport operations.

You're like a whore too afraid of catching an STI from themselves to masturbate.

chaosbreather fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Feb 20, 2017

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Theory checks out. I've never seen an instance where matter completely disappears. Never.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

My poop disappears when I flush it down the terlet.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

chaosbreather posted:

Holy poo poo you guys we go through this every six months

Time clones you already. There ain't nothing connecting your brain now to your brain in the future, and similarly, the past. Such a thing would be a monstrous violation of causality, GR, QM and logic.

lol you don't know what words mean

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
You know who's a goddamn pimp? Captain Kirk. That dude rules.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

food court bailiff posted:

yeah all those fuckin enamel cells

that's why cavities heal themselves, right you loving moron? lol

Obviously I am a shark and thus still correct

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheSpamalope posted:

My brother says that they use their transporter to magic it back into replicator sauce but who are the garbagemen then?

O'Brien is the garbage man.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

O'Brien is the garbage man.

hmm this checks out

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

500 bad things posted:

yeah, why doesn't someone like the Borg use this to replicate billions of copies of themselves and their ships and weapons?

because Star Trek is "safe" sci-fi that is afraid to explore the actual implications of their technology. it may as well be a fantasy novel.

same reason that TNG has the exact same technology as TOS, they couldn't develop any new space technology in 100 years apparently

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
Star Trek is what you call "soft" sci-fi

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i would like to give 7 of 9 my hard scifi

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i want 7 of 9 to make fun of my soft sci fi