Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=724028

Here's a pretty neat thread if you're interested in the connection between 4chan and SA. Note that three different posters on the first page of that thread were pedobanned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Helsing posted:

I'm really excited for SA to start showing up more and more in conspiracy theories as time goes by. Glenn Beck was an early pioneer in this regard but I'm confident that the best is yet to come. I want to read about how VileRat and Caro were CIA agents, LF unleashed cultural Marxism and SJWs on the internet, 4chan was a long-con by Lowtax to create the Trump presidency, and slenderman is a Luciferian meme-spell created to steal the souls of children.

The LF thing isn't a theory. It's not like it was the main driver or anything but it definitely had an impact, more than a lot of other sites that follows. You wouldeven occasionally get old LF goons who acknowledged and were quite proud of that bit of internet history.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

LF made dubstep into an international entertainment superbusiness

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

LF invented wokeness, telling jokes ironically, and fyad, in late 2007

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Leftypol is chill

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
About
“Shitlord” is a pejorative often used on the Internet against those who are perceived as racist, sexist, homophobic, fat shaming or otherwise prejudicial. The term is often employed by those involved in the online social justice movement to call out bigoted shitposting.
Origin
The earliest known use of the term “shitlord” in the context of perceived bigotry was posted in the Something Awful Forums[6] by member MaggotMaster in response to being called “FaggotMaster” on February 18th, 2009 (shown below).

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
The SJW as a pejorative idea I first noticed on SA in like 2005 or so. No idea if it has origins earlier then that.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

The SJW as a pejorative idea I first noticed on SA in like 2005 or so. No idea if it has origins earlier then that.

really? i thought that was Reddit

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

If he really does remember SJWs as a thing in 2005 then it probably did start here.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lf made that hate amerikkka beat

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Darkman Fanpage posted:

no it didn't

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

The Kingfish posted:

If he really does remember SJWs as a thing in 2005 then it probably did start here.
intersectionality, queer theory and poststructuralism are actually much older than the internet, it's just that they didn't get picked up and mashed together by the internet at large until people dug them up first to keep occupy going and then as a method to counter the mra/pua/nrx axis

also "sjw" is simply an evolution of "carefucker", the transition from the latter to the former largely took place during the immediate post-occupy years

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Fallen Hamprince posted:

if it were economic anxiety they'd idolize the 1970s, not the '50s. economic inequality started to climb from 1980 onward, the average family wasn't better off in real terms in the 50s than they were in the 70s. i wonder why this group of overwhelmingly male whites would pick the 50s, almost as though there was some kind of social movement after that decade that they disapprove of
this is the dumbest post i have ever read
what stagflation
what oil embargo
what national malaise

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Darkman Fanpage posted:

I don't think so, but it was certainly posted there, many times. Also it owns.

Shao821
May 28, 2005

You want SHOCK?! I'll SHOCK you full of SHOCK!

I actually miss helldump

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

lf was able to plug up the deepwater horizon pipe with a giant rasterbation of Saul Alinsky

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

lf used the Cookie Monster virus on the prison gibson and opened only the jail cells housing prisoners of color

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!
lf never existed

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I don't think so, but it was certainly posted there, many times. Also it owns.

Modest Mao posted:

no it didn't

ok i guess it was posted a lot then

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

Shao821 posted:

I actually miss helldump
it moved, it's called twitter now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

papa_november posted:

it moved, it's called twitter now

:cheeky::chanpop::clint:

• Locked thread