Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
is motorcycling awesome
yes
hell yes
hell loving yes
View Results

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum
Re: V7 talk.

I've had the V7 II for about half a year. A little over 3,000 miles so far. I've had no major issues.

I have had to replace the cap on the master cylinder with one from a few models back. The new one is a poo poo design that leaks a bit of fluid. I've also had to replace the brake signal switch that sits right under that reservoir, likely related to the former. Or the bike was made on Tuesday. Either way, nothing major and I spent about $40 and my dealer is 20 min up the street.

It's a cool bike. Probably too cool for me to use as my daily ride. You will attract more old men than you can handle. And you can spend less & get something zippier & modern like the FZ-07 or SV650.

Here is what I really like about it:
Looks cool as gently caress.
Shaft drive.
ABS & Traction Control.
Huge gas tank, miles per gallon up around 50-60. 300 mile range.
Easy to handle at 430 lbs.
Engine oil is separate from the transmission oil which is separate from the shaft oil and it's a dry clutch.
Good ol' V-Twin. Super relaxing bike to ride. Nothing on this bike is screaming at me twist my wrist and take off like a bat out of hell. Mostly because it can't.

It's a good bike. But I'd only get it if it makes your pants tight & you can't imagine being on anything else. It's not the most practical decision at the current price point, even with the most recent drop down to $8k.

Fender fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU